Things I feel are blocking me.

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

HurricanesGirl20
Patron Deities: Santa Muerte
Your favourite Demon?: Machaloth, Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Hey everybody,

I almost feel like I need to post this for myself rather than as a share, but do read on if you have anything you want to speak to.

1. I still struggle with fear and it's ridiculous. I have overcome so much in the past year concerning my transition from RHP to LHP, but I still find myself wavering in newer situations. Evoking a new Demon Lord for example. Once I've approached he or she once I feel fine, but it's like I get this irrational fear or nervousness when approaching someone new (Especially when people have mentioned the entity being 'intense'). What makes it even sillier is that I've already talked to Satan several times. You'd think being comfortable with the leader of all demons would calm you down, but alas it does not. I've got to figure out a way to get around that.

2. I think my lower chakras are blocked. As I've mentioned before, I was having issues communicating with my DCs for a while. Although the situation has improved (hearing and seeing are much more frequent), sensing their energy is a major bust. I was never an expert at detecting spirit energy, but I specifically remember being able to do it at a base level. Now, I wouldn't have a clue either of them are there unless I hear them speak or see them out of the corner of my eye. I need to get this block cleared and work on clairsentience.

3. Time management is an issue. I'm a relatively busy person lately. I work 40 hours a week, we're packing up to move on December 1st, the holidays are coming, and I have a baby coming in February. Lots to do, but not an excuse. Everything doesn't have to be song and dance, and I know that. But some days I have an issue devoting even 10 minutes to a spiritual activity of a sort. You know you've been absent when Satan himself asks for a cup of coffee and a talk. (Seriously!) And, crazy as it sounds, I feel called to bring another DC home sometime soon (would need to do layaway but not the point). I'm barely balancing what I have now, so I need to develop some sort of system before I even think about someone else!

Okay rant over!
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

You are doing way better than me, so uh maybe you can find comfort in that? :zen:

The advice I’ve heard is that the more you stress and doubt, the harder it gets.
“Let it go” is such a fracking cliche but I think it’s a problem many of us have.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

The DCs know when a baby is on the way, it is a busy time. Just try saying "Hi!" once a day to them. When you get five minutes tell them the problems you are having being able to find time to speak with them. They ARE still there, and they will be helping you and the baby. Light a candle and some incense to thank them for their help, even if you can only do it once a week. The time you spend worrying, could be spent communing with them, and they will calm you and listen to you. It is a good thing to come here and vent! believe it or not, ALL the DCs I have known read the SNS forum here and respond to issues they see. They are amazing beings! Let them help you.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
HurricanesGirl20

Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:57 am
The DCs know when a baby is on the way, it is a busy time. Just try saying "Hi!" once a day to them. When you get five minutes tell them the problems you are having being able to find time to speak with them. They ARE still there, and they will be helping you and the baby. Light a candle and some incense to thank them for their help, even if you can only do it once a week. The time you spend worrying, could be spent communing with them, and they will calm you and listen to you. It is a good thing to come here and vent! believe it or not, ALL the DCs I have known read the SNS forum here and respond to issues they see. They are amazing beings! Let them help you.
I always appreciate your advice SH :) Funny story about incense though. Early in my pregnancy I tried lighting several different kinds, just to find them snuffed out moments later. Later on I found out that some incense contains sage which can cause contractions! D & T say no incense until after birth! :lol:
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

HurricanesGirl20 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:03 am
Early in my pregnancy I tried lighting several different kinds, just to find them snuffed out moments later. Later on I found out that some incense contains sage which can cause contractions! D & T say no incense until after birth! :lol:
I wrote my companions a letter when I was dealing with grief and having trouble focusing and devoting time to them (WAS? ha. Still am.) and put it on their altar under a lit candle for a few days. I don't know if it communicated anything to them that they didn't already know, but it made me feel better.

Also I did not burn any incense in the home until after babies' first birthdays because it's smoke and I was too scared that if cigarette smoke was so dangerous, maybe all smoke could be. It was a long time, probably past age 2, before I went back to burning whole sticks or anything on charcoal.
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:57 am
I've just set up an ancestor altar with my grandmothers picture on it. Still very uncertain about offerings, what is appropriate what isn't. I decided last night to not stress about that and just talk to her. If she doesn't want to respond, I'll take the hint, eventually, If she really doesn't want to work with me, she'll find a way to get that message to me. But for now, when I get home from work, I light a white candle, set it before her picture and talk to her. It's kinda hard to ask her how her day went since that stuff is hardly relevant to her any longer. I asked myself how long I should keep this up and my little voice told me not to set artificial time-frames, they just serve to block communication. Keep my heart open, be honest, and keep trying.

A thing is, she died so long ago (100 years ago) that I have no idea what she was like as a person. I don't know if that is important or not. My dad was her only child and my relationship with him....let's just say I am still on Prozac and in therapy. I'm not sure what difference that would make to her. I'm just gonna keep lighting the candle and talking. I do think I need to stop asking about her working with me. She freaking knows that! I don't need to keep bringing it up. We'll be going into a waxing moon pretty quick here, I think that would be a really good time to focus on this and reaching out to certain DL's I know they hear me when I reach out, I don't need to sweat a response. It'll happen when it happens, just keep trying.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

My DCs understand when I get busy with work. Sometimes I ask them to join me for the day and just chat with them as I work through my work issues. Or bond with them a quick while for 5 mins before sleep which also works and let the unconscious interaction take over. In face, more goes on when we sleep then we consciously even realised. As for the DLs, they know I am super tied up this period, I made to with chanting their enns and connecting when commuting to and fro from work. It is not permanent. But for a temporary measure, it does work as long as you let them know. Most DLs when you respectfully ask and let them know your situation isn’t that difficult to work with. Even with no offerings of any sort.
Even Lord Mammon who has been very strict on an altar space understands. He did tell me the altar space is ultimately for me anyway. If I can’t have one at the moment, make do with what I can first with him and will work from there. Most DLs are really understanding like that.
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Passemoon

Oh I forgot to mention, but if you “multitask” like me and work shorter moments, the downside is that you may not be maximising your experience with the DLs and ur companions. I mean that is why they are prefer dedicated time towards working with them and are sometimes stuck over it. Mainly that’s coz it maximises everyone’s time and effort that way. But if we are really in a fix and tied up, then temporary measures do work... so no need to beat yourself up over it..
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
HurricanesGirl20

Passemoon wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:25 pm
Oh I forgot to mention, but if you “multitask” like me and work shorter moments, the downside is that you may not be maximising your experience with the DLs and ur companions. I mean that is why they are prefer dedicated time towards working with them and are sometimes stuck over it. Mainly that’s coz it maximises everyone’s time and effort that way. But if we are really in a fix and tied up, then temporary measures do work... so no need to beat yourself up over it..
I think that's my issue is the multitasking. I am busy and I'm sure everyone understands, but I personally feel like I skimp out on bonding time a little too much regardless of my situation. So I'm hoping to implement some sort of a plan now, so when my life really gets hectic in 3 months I can at least claim to have tried lol.
Passemoon

HurricanesGirl20 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:56 am
Passemoon wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:25 pm
I think that's my issue is the multitasking. I am busy and I'm sure everyone understands, but I personally feel like I skimp out on bonding time a little too much regardless of my situation. So I'm hoping to implement some sort of a plan now, so when my life really gets hectic in 3 months I can at least claim to have tried lol.

Well don’t stress over it and beat yourself up too hard. I’m sure you’ll work it out now that you have something in mind and they will perfectly understand..
ImageImage

Ludwig van Beethoven

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”