Where did all of you magical folks start?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

wanderer
Patron Deities: Astaroth, Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

When I believed in some next-level stupid rapture bunny style Christianity in my early teens I would research things like goetic demons and Aleister Crowley, and it planted the seeds of interest, that "another side" exists. I first became serious about the supernatural in my teens after reading a book on some kind of tai chi variation. From there I got into other eastern spirituality things like chakras.

I tried many different paths for a few years and had experiences and delusions.

I heard somewhere that candles are good for meditating. So I started using them. Soon after I got the idea to "work with spirits", seemingly out of the blue (or red since I used red candles). Seemed like a good idea so I looked into it. Spirits turned to demons. Seemed like a good idea so I looked into it.

And when demons responded, at first by making things happen and dreams, it sealed my interest.
“If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s.” – Joseph Campbell
Nexus

wanderer wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:02 pm
When I believed in some next-level stupid rapture bunny style Christianity in my early teens I would research things like goetic demons and Aleister Crowley, and it planted the seeds of interest, that "another side" exists. I first became serious about the supernatural in my teens after reading a book on some kind of tai chi variation. From there I got into other eastern spirituality things like chakras.

I tried many different paths for a few years and had experiences and delusions.

I heard somewhere that candles are good for meditating. So I started using them. Soon after I got the idea to "work with spirits", seemingly out of the blue (or red since I used red candles). Seemed like a good idea so I looked into it. Spirits turned to demons. Seemed like a good idea so I looked into it.

And when demons responded, at first by making things happen and dreams, it sealed my interest.
Sounds pretty straightforward to me!

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”