Digital letters to Deities?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Nexus

This post will be a short and sweet one. I write to my Spirits a bit, due to my inability to speak to them frequently as I'm usually around people where I live. I know they read those writings and one of them thinks they're funny to some degree, so I'm happy that what I write gets to them and they're happy with it.

So I was thinking, maybe I can use this to also speak with beings like Lucifer or Lilith...? What do you guys think? I have written to them already but to be honest I'm unsure if it'd work the same way it has with my Keep. I'm unsure if they would feel offended or if they'd feel as if such letters weren't worth their time, and speaking to them would be far more preferred...I'm sure half if not all of these worries are just anxiety as I'm new to the path and have great admiration and respect for it (or at least, I try to). Still, I'm forced to ask to sate my curiosity when it comes to others experiences and opinions.
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

well i know of people who keep digital shrines to deities and they seem okay with it. do you usually burn the letters you write or are they all digital? i mean you could do it and i'm sure they understand the circumstances, but i think maybe if you burnt the letter to them that might be preferred? also to connect to them specifically you would ( in my experiences) need to connect with their enn and sigil before hand and i'm not sure how that would work with the digital letter, unless you read the letter out to them or something? just my thoughts though.
Nexus

Heretique wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:36 pm
well i know of people who keep digital shrines to deities and they seem okay with it. do you usually burn the letters you write or are they all digital? i mean you could do it and i'm sure they understand the circumstances, but i think maybe if you burnt the letter to them that might be preferred? also to connect to them specifically you would ( in my experiences) need to connect with their enn and sigil before hand and i'm not sure how that would work with the digital letter, unless you read the letter out to them or something? just my thoughts though.
As cool as the idea is, burning the letters are definitely not a possibility; both because all of mine are digital and because I'd get in trouble. x3

I will try connecting with their enn and sigil and then read out the letters on the few days I'm home alone. That way, it's a just in case deal, and it might enforce the connection a bit by rereading what I had to say to them...?
HurricanesGirl20
Patron Deities: Santa Muerte
Your favourite Demon?: Machaloth, Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

I've never done digital letters but I did do handwritten letters to Satan when I first started on the LHP. My anxiety was pretty high too and the only way I felt comfortable approaching Him at first was through letters. I felt silly but He accepted them very well, and has even mentioned that he wouldn't mind getting a letter once in while since I stopped writing them. Adding to what Heretique mentioned, I did burn them. But I had some privacy in which to do so. The entity you're wanting to contact will let you know what's right. But I personally think letters are a great place to start.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
Patron Deities: Aset, Demeter

I absolutely don't see why not.

When I was a Christian, I kept a prayer journal. That is, I had a blank book that I would essentially do this in. It was a productive, communicative and meaningful practice.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”