Languages and Pronunciation

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Thalam

-Does pronunciation matter for someone who doesn’t speak English? For example I pronounce Azazel differently, would this be a problem when I chant the enn?

-For non English speaking members:
Have your demons ever spoken to you in your language? Or they use both English and demonic language?

Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

Thalam wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:53 pm
-Does pronunciation matter for someone who doesn’t speak English? For example I pronounce Azazel differently, would this be a problem when I chant the enn?

-For non English speaking members:
Have your demons ever spoken to you in your language? Or they use both English and demonic language?
Pronunciation should just be whatever you can do best for the enn. Intent is more important, whoever you are trying to call upon will understand and usually not care if a word is not said a certain way as everyone says them their own way. And they will communicate in which ever way or language is easier for you to comprehend.

If they only spoke English or demonic, a lot of people would have a hard time deciphering what they are saying. :devilgrin:
Thalam

Red6joker wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:04 am

If they only spoke English or demonic, a lot of people would have a hard time deciphering what they are saying. :devilgrin:
Non of my entities (demons and others) spoke my language, except one. All of them either spoke English or what I presume is their own language. Maybe they believe I have the ability to decipher their words or that I depend on emotions for communication since I’m clairsensient.

Only one demon spoke my first language and even the local dialect. He is an elite DC who has learned many, many languages and is highly educated.

It’s interesting to learn that everyone got entities speaking their first language. Idk why mine decided not to lol

Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

Thalam wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:07 am
Red6joker wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:04 am

Non of my entities (demons and others) spoke my language, except one. All of them either spoke English or what I presume is their own language. Maybe they believe I have the ability to decipher their words or that I depend on emotions for communication since I’m clairsensient.

Only one demon spoke my first language and even the local dialect. He is an elite DC who has learned many, many languages and is highly educated.

It’s interesting to learn that everyone got entities speaking their first language. Idk why mine decided not to lol
Have you asked your companions to speak in your language or a language you can understand? If they are your companions then they should be able to do that for you.
Vackra
Patron Deities: Skaði, Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral; Void; Infernal

Do you primarily go about your day in English, or do you live in an English speaking country?

With me, my first language is Swedish but I moved to an English speaking country and now use a lot of English. I have had companions speak to me in both Swedish and English. It seems to me that they will generally speak to me in whichever language I have most recently been actively using. I have never had to ask them to switch languages, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to, if that is something you wish to ask them.
And I could swear, that the ocean sings, and the mountains talk to me
Thalam

Come to think of it, I do in fact speak English half of the time. Plus I didn’t ask them to speak in Arabic, I thought if they wanted to they’ll do it like the DC did. I’ll be sure to tell them that, but hearing them takes an effort so idk when I’ll be able to hear them again :\

Vackra
Patron Deities: Skaði, Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral; Void; Infernal

It’s a bit weird realizing how often you use English even when it’s not your native language, isn’t it? :devilgrin:

With practice though I’m sure your hearing will come back to you!
And I could swear, that the ocean sings, and the mountains talk to me

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”