~Ysa Writes~

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Okay so I asked on discord for some prompts and I feel like sharing them with everyone.

Conium is the brain of this one:

“A character gets a pebble in their shoe” 
Chaos bonus: they cannot stop running 
Para-bonus: theyre a werewolf and when they shift, 
the pebble get stuck in their toes
Second Para Bonus: They are also a ghost

Crunch.
Crunch.
Snap.
Crunch.

Feet slammed against the ground of the forest floor. It was dark, the trees looming like the haunted past. Breaths came in panting gasps. Blood rushed through the ears at the smallest sound.

Snick.
Shink.

Have to keep moving. Closer. Move Faster. Pain. There.

Stephon looked down to see that his shoe had ripped. The Hunter was not far behind and the sound of the metal sent the hair on his body on end. The trees swooped and swayed in the night air. It was harsh out. The light of the moon was struggling to pierce the darkest shadows of the canopy.

“You can’t hide from me, mutt. I will hunt you down like the mongrel that you are.”

Stephon limped as the rock dug further into the bottom of his foot. There was a slight trickle of blood as it pierced the soft flesh. He wanted to whimper as it dug further with each pounding step. His mouth clamped shut and he tore through a particularly rough patch of a thorn bush. A low hiss got swept away on the wind currents.

A chuckle sounded from behind.

The man tore forward through the underbrush to reveal a stretch of forest with a game trail. The smell of the Hunter was awful. Tobacco and sweat mixed with the must of a man hunting for days on end. Stephon wasn’t faring much better himself. He surged forward onto the game trail as fast as he could. There, ahead. He grinned. The moonlight streamed through a gap in the thick trees. The second that he crossed through the beams of silver, the painful spasms ripped through his muscles. He cried out in agony for a brief moment, unable to hold back the scream of transformation. There was a howling roar.

Yellowed eyes sharpened and sensitive ears flicked. His gait picked up speed as his loped off through the forest. The Hunter was fast on his heels. The man was talented, Stephon begrudged. Eyes scoured the area as padded paws thudded the ground. Lancing pain shot through one foot. That damned stone. He shook it out but that one split moment was enough for the Hunter. A whistling was heard just before Stephon was flooded with pain. It lasted all for a moment before the pain became a blissful release. Euphoria overcame his senses as his body fell. His body felt light. There was a beautiful beam of silver streaming onto his face.

Bliss.
Peace.
Warmth.

A woman, so elegant in silvery white held her hand out. Stephon reached through his haze to take her delicate hand. Hair white as snow was crowned with jewels and flowers. Her body was sensual with each movement. Grace. Beauty. His eyes were all for her. No pain. No fear. The ecstasy swept through him as he stood. Yellowed eyes flickered to see his body below him, a triumphant Hunter crouching down to check for life.

A delicate hand stroked his cheek, his gaze recaptured by silver eyes. Her smile was radiant and soft. He felt his heart beat.

“My beloved. You no longer have to be the strong one. I will carry you from now on.”

She kissed him softly, her lips brushing his. The woman backed away before he could respond, a hand held out to him.

“Come, child of the moon. Your Goddess will watch over you now.”
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
ysabeau

Mist's Prompt:
I saw a prompt once that was "What would happen if a sandwich maker accidentally summoned a demon because he made a summoning sigil on the bread via mustard."

The café was bustling. The bell tinkled every time another came in and the man sighed but kept the smile on his face. Oh, how he wished that he could have hired more help. The door tinkled again and the line grew.

“Welcome to Soul Café!”

They smiled at him as he rushed to make the current orders and take the next ones. There was one lady, though a regular, who seemed agitated at the long wait. The others greeted each other with familiarity and conversed while he worked. He was a small shop in the middle of a busy courtyard. All around his small building were large corporate offices. Glittering glass towers that sprinkled rainbows through the café windows when the sun hit the towers at the right angle.

Routine had brought most of these customers back each day. It helped that he offered a small discount to the workers in the buildings around him. A little give back to those that came so frequently. Absentmindedly, he slathered the mayonnaise onto the sub. Meats and cheeses were piled onto the sub while he spoke with the next customer. The sub was placed into the warmer and he wrote down the order absently.

Ching.

The register slammed open as the cash was deposited into the drawer. He washed his hands after giving the change and snagged the sub out from being toasted. The top was a little darker than he normally preferred, but was still a nice brown. The owner grabbed the bottle of mustard. He began to squirt it onto the bun when the bell tinkled again. It drew his attention.

I really wish I could have hired help.

Lights flickered and he paused for a second. There was a lull in the conversation of the room before it went back to normal. The bun was slapped onto the top and he rolled it as fast as he could. Her taped it closed and handed it to the impatient woman with a smile. Another order. Right.

He bent down and grabbed the jar of pickles to refill. Standing, the jar crashed to the ground as the owner stared in horror at the being leaning against the door frame to the back room. His skin was darker, almost a purple color. He was barely clothed but what struck the owner as shocking was the casual way he leaned against the doorway eating a sandwich.

“Are you okay?” Shocked and concerned voices pierced through his fog of surprise. The demon was casual as he saluted the owner with his half-eaten sandwich.

Without taking his eyes off the demon, the owner stuttered out. “Yes, of course. Just slipped right out of my hands. Let me clean this up really quick.”

It took a few moments of which some of the regular customers offered to help him out. He waved them off with a smile, all the while keeping a sharp eye on the demon who was helping himself to the bar of meats and cheese.

He wanted to confront the demon but his workflow had already been interrupted.

“They can’t see me. Not unless I want them to.”

The man continued to ignore the demon for the time being. As he continued to make the orders that had been placed before the purple skinned anomaly appeared. The owner felt a bit of pride at how calm and collected he appeared even though internally he was only slight panicked.

“You’re the one who summoned me. I’m not going to harm you.”

The bell continued to ring as more and more business people came in. The stress began to show as the owner ran around to fulfill the orders as fast as possible. He ignored the demon, not wanting to draw attention to himself or the fact that he had summoned a demon.

The demon gave a suffering sigh and sat on the counter. The owner twitched and threw a roll in the direction. The demon ducked as it sailed over his head and into a trash can in the back.

“Impressive. You can’t ignore me forever. Besides, you’re the one who asked for help and summoned me. I can’t leave until you let me.”

The owner ignored the words. He stopped caring about the demon being a nuance and instead was concerned that he would lose business. The room was getting packed and the customers were getting antsy and annoyed.

“I apologize folks. Thank you all for your patience. I’m a bit short handed today.”

They calmed a bit but some were still standing with their arms crossed.

“You’re making that sub all wrong.”

The owner stopped and looked directly at the demon. The man smirked and threw up his hands.

“Finally, some acknowledgment. Fix that. There is too much cheese and not enough of the horseradish. You also need to salt the au jus a bit more. And add more kick to the dressing. It’s too bland.”

The owner stared and there were some uncomfortable murmurs. He smiled at the customers and looked. Yes. There, he was out of pickles.

“Give me a moment. I have to run to the back to get some more pickles for you folks. I broke the other jar.”

Dashing to the back, the owner turned sharply as the demon followed.

“I don’t know why you are here but you have been nothing but an annoyance. If you think that you can do it better,” the man angrily took off his apron and shoved it at the demon, “put some clothes on and do it then. I’ll handle the orders and the customers. Might as well make yourself useful.”

He turned on his heel and grabbed a jar from the walk-in fridge, he paused as the demon’s attire changed to more casual. The apron was on and the demon smirked.

“Can you uh--,” the owner waved uncomfortably, “change?”

The demon looked down in confusion before laughing. It took a moment before the purple skin faded and darkened into a smooth ebony. He smiled kindly. The owner nodded and strolled out with the jar, the demon following behind.

There were smiles as the demon moved with efficient speed to complete the orders as the owner got the orders and cashed out the customers. The line moved swiftly and without complaints. When the rushed died down, the man rested against the register. The last sub of the lunch rush had walked out of the door.

“Thank you. I would not have been able to do this without your help.”

The demon crossed his arms and smiled, though there was a hint of a smirk.

“My name is Rueben.”

The owner burst into laughter before seeing the serious eyebrow raise from the demon.

“You are serious.”

“Of course I am. My real name is not pronounceable to humans, so that is the name that I was given.” The demon rubbed his chin thoughtfully for a moment. “Although the little girl who gave it to me like to call me 625 on the occasion. I do not understand humans.”

The owner burst into a belly laughter that had him bent over in half.

“Why did she name you that?”

The dark demon shrugged nonchalantly, “I helped her to make sandwiches when I visited.”

Knowing the origin, the owner left it alone. It was funnier that way.

“I appreciate you help today, Rueben. Do I need to release you? I apologize if I brought you away from something important.”

“I am without entertainment most days. This was a change that was welcomed.”

The owner nodded and moved to clean the place before the dinner rush would hit. He paused with that thought.

“Are you busy?”

The demon raised an eyebrow, “I am not.”

“Would you be willing to help me with the dinner rush in a few hours? I could use the help and this was the easiest shift I’ve had in some time.”

The demons smirked, “So what do I get in exchange?”
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Leo Sierra
Patron Deities: Pazuzu, Lillith
Your favourite Demon?: Mutilations and Crypts
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

ysabeau wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:07 am
Mist's Prompt:
I saw a prompt once that was "What would happen if a sandwich maker accidentally summoned a demon because he made a summoning sigil on the bread via mustard."
😂 I really enjoyed reading through that story. Awesome!
Leo Sierra
Patron Deities: Pazuzu, Lillith
Your favourite Demon?: Mutilations and Crypts
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

ysabeau wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:04 am
Okay so I asked on discord for some prompts and I feel like sharing them with everyone.

This one was so sweet and sad.

I hope you post more of these if you feel like doing so!
ysabeau

TaipanTwist wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:11 am
ysabeau wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:07 am
Mist's Prompt:
😂 I really enjoyed reading through that story. Awesome!
Ahah Right?
TaipanTwist wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:13 am
ysabeau wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:04 am

This one was so sweet and sad.

I hope you post more of these if you feel like doing so!
Aww yeah, I hit Will's and Hella's feels so hard. I even totally hit my own T_T I really loved how this came out tbh. I'm hoping to post more, or at least get some short stories moving along. Feel free to post some prompts!!!

Genres I write in:
Paranormal
Fantasy
^ those combined
Paranormal Romance
Horror/Thriller

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”