What is the use of revenge?

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Rooh

Hello everyone
The question briefly is what is the use of revenge when I am wronged by some people very badly ، and when I ask for revenge on the offending people, I find many say that there will be a reaction and you will also be harmed , The question here is, what is the benefit of revenge, and I will add to my problems !?

I apologize for the weakness of the language here
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Imho it's useless because it's just a waste of energy and time just to get some kind of satisfaction for something.
That energy is probably better invested into improving your own life and circumstances.
Will the revenge make you happy? Maybe. But even if, it will probably be only for a short time. Nothing lasting for your effort and time?
In the end everyone has to decide for themselves if it's worth it or not, I'll probably always say no.

The only meaningful exception for me would be if that person is a danger to others.

Also there will probably always be a reaction, if it affects you or not. The one doing whatever as retribution of course has a chance to draw harm onto themselves, be it through ancestral spirits that protect the people they do revenge against or the energies they use for revenge. Both can be offset by protection, caution and cleansing though. Unless the ritual involves a sacrifice/payment on your side.

Will it add to your problems? Only if those people are still in your life and can take their suffering out on you or if something goes horribly wrong, which is always a possibility.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Rooh

thank you my dear
I am grateful for your participation
So I must be patient with this injustice
Because I do not want problems with anyone
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Your own guilty feeling about the revenge spell or not imo, is what determines if you get come back. eg if you feel negative about the spell and feel guilty about having done it then "like will attract like" or the old saying misery enjoys company!

It take so much effort holding a grudge and then seeking revenge. I have done it and imo it was justified. I felt no remorse about it either.

But really the best revenge is the sweetest - keep it simple by moving on with your life and acting as if you are not bothered (even if inside you are). Cos that will piss people off more - you being happy.

You being happy is the ultimate revenge!
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

It's been said that the best revenge is living well.
Unless, of course, you can be like Stevie Nicks: Making her ex-husband play guitar while she sings about how great her new lover is ;-)
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
wanderer
Patron Deities: Astaroth, Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

Revenge can be useful because it's striking back. If you turn the other cheeck then your an easy target and it's not going to stop, until you hit back.

A curse that screws with the persons life can give them enough problems that they wont be able to bother you or anyone else, giving sweet satisfaction, justice, and the opportunity to stregnthen and excersise your skills.

I've heard that cursing strengthens the black flame and tears the veil, but i don't know if it's true.

Those are the uses of revenge in my opinion.

On the other side of the coin, reality is way more complex than it appears and harming others can also harm the innocent around them, and all kinds of unforseen consequences. What can be accomplished through bloody revenge can (sometimes) be accomplished by say, banishing that person from your life, silencing, binding, talking to them, etc.

So its up to your discretion if revenge is the choice you want to make in any situation.

Sometimes its worth it, sometimes not i think.
“If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s.” – Joseph Campbell
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

wanderer wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:00 pm
Revenge can be useful because it's striking back. If you turn the other cheeck then your an easy target and it's not going to stop, until you hit back.
thb, revenge isn't the same as defending yourself. Just because you don't take revenge, doesn't mean you just have to turn the other cheek.
You can also defend yourself but you don't need revenge for that. Also revenge often comes after the fact.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

You won't necessarily undergo harm by getting revenge on somebody else. It depends on the act of revenge in proximity to the cause of you to take action. 'Justice' is a very loosely defined term and can as easily be a revenge for somebody, yet when we view it as justice it becomes palatable.

If someone messes with me and consequently they suffer some or any harm at all to their lives, I see it as an entirely fair and reasonable expectation. This may creep into the picture in ways neither party is even aware of, for that matter. The fact they cast an irredeemable infliction at all is a deviation of their better path meaning they have screwed themselves by the act, and where the infliction is not purposeful they are going to suffer the consequence of how they themselves handle it regardless.

The distinction here when it comes to intent on the side of the inflicted is if they must invest much of themselves, or very little in manifesting this 'vengeance'. Revenge can be effortless, as the persons who commit an offense against you can genuinely bring it on themselves just by existing, as a natural reaction to their existence and actions. If you, the inflicted, put a little extra intention behind that, it still isn't necessarily a product of your vengeful will, but rather a product of the amount of energy which is fated behind this exchange: which would pre-exist by virtue of the offender's mistakes, idiocies, etc.

All in all, the more complex paths of vengeance are based in feeling as though someone has removed control from you in a situation by whatever they have done, and so the paths are rooted in a predatory instinct to regain personal control by asserting oneself in that way. It can be about satisfaction or relief on the surface, but that is the underlying reality of why somebody goes out of their way for vengeance. You don't really need to go out of your way for vengeance, you can give it so much as a little tap and if it is warranted it will fall into place for you. Some of us are also more protected than others and so when attempts are made to harm us, there is an automatic reflex which weighs down on the offender. That, too, is a fated circumstance independent of personal input.
The best way to handle a situation where you've been done wrong is different depending on the full context and circumstance, so most of the time what we think of as vengeful isn't really necessary for a more potent, enduring, and satisfying result. If your mind and heart are dominated by a need for revenge, then you're victimizing yourself moreso than the offender has.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

the inflicted upon*
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Thalam

IMO revenge is justice being served. I’m on the Libra-Scorpio cusp so there you go lol

I do have a few entities that I once attempted to use for revenge but apparently I got carried away; I had an entity come to me in my dreams to tell me that what I’ve asked for as a punishment for certain people doesn’t match what they have done to me. I had exaggerated and I should stop the tasks, otherwise there will be consequences.
I woke up and called said entities and stopped the tasks. However, after a while, I’ve asked the entities again to do certain things to those people but in an equal manner to what they have done to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

It’s just I cannot let people walk away after harming me deeply. Here in my culture people wait for what they call the judgment day to get even with those who harmed them or simply pray for justice. I don’t deal with such beliefs. I take matters into my own hands. I once read “I don’t believe in karma, I am karma”.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”