Basic tips and formula for connecting with the Dark Lords

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

I know there are already topics on this: but i thought i would collate some info here for beginners. This is based on my research and experiences and a basic formula of connection.

To begin with if you feel called to a particular Demon Lord or are interested in someone in particular then researching about them is very important. If you are feeling called to someone it is likely for a reason- perhaps something to teach or learn from them as well. Looking at sns encyclopedia articles (found at https://demonsanddemonolatry.com/ ), reading s connoly’s complete book of demonolatry ( and eventually the coven books) are good places to begin to understand working respectfully with the Dark Lords. It is also important to have a good spiritual foundation before reaching out or at least be working on it. This means knowing how to ward and shield your space, focusing and mental mastery and cleansing your space, and clairsenses to name a few. This is a great post on it viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3191&sid=98c939756 ... b1eb3bcff0. Respecting the Dark Lords is very important, they are by many considered gods, so treating them as such. Among demonolaters Solomonic methods tend to be frowned upon ( that is trying to trap a demon in a circle or triangle). It is important to not demand anything of the DLs, order them around or treat them as though they are wish granting machines. In general for first contact and if you are interested in a longer term relationship, it is better for the first time to sit with the energies and spend time getting to know the DL, before requesting anything of them. Having a legitimate reason for calling upon them as well is helpful, not just for no reason at all ( ie just for kicks). Sometimes casting a circle may be a good method in the beginning ( a circle that encompasses both you and the demon), or other warding as a from of protection against imposter spirits ( this is the one sns uses viewtopic.php?f=265&t=8779&sid=98c93975 ... 1eb3bcff05 ). Though it is not completely necessary. Also it is possible that the demon may not show up, or may send an emissary and it is their choice as well to do so given they are sovereign autonomous beings. This is unlikely though, but there are different levels of connecting with these beings as well. Something else to be aware of; is that there are multiple versions of the Dark Lords ( i.e. multiple Lucifer’s, not just versions but actual different beings) given different vibrations and the vastness of energies. Where you vibrate at is where and who you will connect best with, so it is helpful to follow you gut with this. Others may not be connecting to the same being you are (given different vibrations and paths) even if they have the same “name.” As for the multiple versions of sigils some DLs have, it is best to go with which one you are most drawn to, as that will be more aligned with your vibrations and where you connect with. I personally do like sns sigils as there are multiple levels of energy woven into them.

That said a good foundational format of connecting to the Dark Lords respectfully is as follows;
Having and altar space set up or a space set aside to connect and commune, as this shows respect and helps to create a space to entrain the Dark Lords energies and where their energies can “land” on the physical. This can help you with connecting to the energies too. The altar can be simple or elaborate. Usually it will have space for candles, offerings and incense and the DLs sigil, sometimes crystals or other things representing or connected to the Dark Lords can be used ( there are posts on the forum about how to set up an altar too.)
Of this; what is quite essential here is the space set aside, the candle, sigil and enn of the Dark Lord as well as an offering- usually tea.
Once the altar or sacred space is set up, to connect a candle/s and incense is lit. (If incense is an issue; essential oils can be used or this can be forgone completely if absolutely necessary- however incense can help increase manifestation). The sigil of the dark lord is gazed upon and the enn is chanted to connect to the dark lord and welcome them to the space.
For the enns ( they are said to be in demonic tongue)- while you can listen to the enn, I have found for actually connecting to the Dark Lord chanting it is better ( even if done very quietly or in your head if necessary). This is as the enn chanting helps entrain your energies with the Dark Lords vibration. For some people they will chant the enn for 108 rounds however it is not necessary to chant for so long. Personally I chant until I feel the energy shift with the DLs presence or connection.

Then welcome the Dark Lord as an honoured guest- respect is very important, and present the offering- usually tea, incense or something else ( I also ask to commune with them here and state my intent of connecting with them). When you feel a connection to their energies, you can commune, meditate or do ritual etc.
Communication can happen in many ways-either physically or it via the clairsenses ( clairaudience, clairsentience, clairvoyance or other means), or through divination methods ( sometimes which are used to bolster the communication) such as tarot, scrying etc.
Then spend time getting to know the Dark Lord and sitting in their energies ( for first meetings at least). Once you have connected you can meditate or do ritual or other workings with the DLs. After the session is over you can wish them well etc and for them to leave in their own time- respectfully.
Other notes: sometimes cleansing the space before ( this helps set aside sacred/altar space ( also cleansing yourself too depending on your practice- which can be seen as respectful) and after; especially with heavy ritual work can be beneficial. Depending on the type of arrangement you have with the Dark Lords and with working with them, you can connect outside of this space if they choose to and agree as well. But this is a foundational way of connecting with them and beginning to work with them.

Some other links
This is an older video of Akelta’s but still good [youtube]https://youtu.be/2trOPjdwYAg[/youtube]

This is quite old info but can be helpful
viewtopic.php?f=265&t=2445&sid=98c93975 ... 1eb3bcff05
EgoDestruction
Patron Deities: Nyx, Cernunnos, Bast, Hades, Loki, Hermes, Anubis, Set, and Sorath
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne and Solar

Thank you for this info
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

Thank you! I’m definitely newer to the dark lords. Although in my tradition we recognize Apollo as Lucifer I want to work with demonic Lucifer forms as well.
I also feel a particular draw to Leviathan personally and a reading suggested Asmodeus.
So I’m just taking it slowly and learning about them. At the moment focusing on Asmodeus in my study.
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Cannot work out why I have only just found this post but I am glad for it. It is well written and very respectful. Thank you.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

Thank you for sharing this.

Yes, I feel respect is most important.

I call them Ancient Mighty Ones, ancient gods and goddesses.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”