Demonosophy and Patrons

Demonosophy, what is it? what do Demonosophers do? Find out here.
Senatuq
Patron Deities: Azazel, Rosier, Leviathan
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

You will know whether you will have one, or more patrons/matrons. For some there will only be one, but not so for everyone. For me it is one, and I am getting closer to discovering who (I think I might know, but I need to have interactions with a couple more Demon Lords in order to know for sure).
JohnKnox666

I don’t have any
but again it’s very specific to a person
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

Resurrecting this thread because I think the subject of patrons is an interesting one.

The idea that one can have only one patron is really just silly in my opinion. Patron is from the noun patronage. It is essentially support given to an individual for a specific purpose/craft/etc. Humans are not one dimensional beings who can *only* develop skills in only one thing. You may have a main skill that you put the most work into and perhaps your patron there therefore has a more vaulted position because of it, but how many patrons one can have really depends on all the areas of skill and interest that one wishes to develop and then finding a patron to assist with that.

Also going to add that patron applies to both male and female entities because it comes from patronage :)
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

Yes, I have two patrons: Lilith and Astaroth. I am also dedicated to Satan.

I feel that Lilith is the darker aspect of deity looking over me, protecting me, teaching me, and guiding me. I feel the female aspect of Astaroth as more of a lighter side doing the same or is similar. "Lighter" does not truly explain; I am at a loss for the best way to explain this, but it is the best I can do.

I definitely dedicated to both Lilith and Astaroth as my patronesses.

When I dedicated to Satan, it was a very similar ritual. But, I do not think "patron" is the correct word here for this relationship; I could be wrong. I do feel a very strong and close relationship to Satan, and I do meditate with him frequently as I do both Lilith and Astaroth.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

I think having a patron, and being devotee, and being dedicant are three very different and powerful words. I break down like this personally

A patron is one who provides and supports for development (such as a skill, working, aquisition etc). A patron deity is more about what you *do*. Ie Hephaistos and Athena being patrons of potters.

Being a devotee is devoting yourself, your energy/life/purpose to a being. It is an expression often of love and adoration for the divinity.

Dedicant I see as belonging to the deity. As in ie Romans dedicating opposing armies to the gods so that they gods would retrieve their property and leave less to kill. It is not to say that is the case with people who dedicate themselves, but I see it very much as a "I belong to x deity" vs "I devote myself to x deity that I admire" (devotee) vs "x deity supports and facilitates x work (patronage)"

But that is how I break it down considering how the words have usually been used historically :)

Return to “Lessons in Demonosophy”