What does the dark path have to offer?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Artemis_Belial
Patron Deities: Samael/Asmodeus
Your favourite Demon?: Ubi
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

It's not so much a question of "what does each path have to offer?." It's recognizing what fits your individual energy blueprint the most. They both give you the exact same things when done correctly, just in different ways. Both are just umbrella terms for MANY different paths and systems.

This is a very brief general overview. Both can heal or harm, both do shadow work under different terms. Both have thousands of paths under the LHP or RHP labels. There is also the spiral or crooked paths, which is where most forms of traditional witchcraft would fall.

LHP is down and in. You'll be dealing with denser energies overall and focused on yourself and learning to develop your own authority and self mastery much more. Bringing down divinity to the physical. Turning the spirit to flesh. More about becoming individualized.

RHP is up and out. Generally it is more focused on outside authority of some sort. Whether that is a higher ranking teacher, priest, or guru, a God or Goddess, or the universe at large. The energies are much lighter feeling and it's typically about turning the flesh to spirit. More about integration and oneness. Journeying out to find the Divine.

Spiral or Crooked path.
Doesn't see duality at all, and flows more with natural cycles and rhythms. Doing all as it fits into life, season, or circumstances.
Dancing naked into the night.
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

When I was new to magic and spirituality, I had a teacher who was a theosophist, RHP. She showed me a diagram with an arrow going left and an arrow going right, one for each path. For evolutionary growth and ascension, the RHP she said can take longer (several lifetimes), and like Artemis_Belial said involves various teachers. So yes, it is more externally focused from what I have seen. This theosophist didn't have much, if any info on the LHP.

Later on I came across information put out by a LHP teacher saying the LHP can be shorter, but it can also be more dangerous for the practitioner. The LHP looks to be internally focused, from what I have seen, in that you develop your own inner moral compass.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”