LHP vs RHP… which is better?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Senatuq
Patron Deities: Azazel, Rosier, Leviathan
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

This post is geared towards new comers.

I think it is important to understand that a LHP should not be considered ‘better’ than a RHP, and visa versa. One is not more superior than the other, when we are talking about an individual and where they personally find the most happiness and success.

Be careful about the reasons for choosing your path, and I say this because you need to choose wisely in order for you to find the most success in your life. One may seem more enticing than the other, but it is our responsibility to choose based on which path aligns with our inner worlds the most, as oppose to superficial reasons such as which one ‘appears better’. Walking the wrong path for you personally, is going to end up in frustration and little to no reward, and that is often the result of choosing your path based on superficial reasons.

Finding strength in one path does not equate to weakness in another, it simply means one path works more for you personally, as oppose to the others. One is not more ‘right’ or ‘wrong’, it is all about where you align yourself with the most, and one needs to be absolutely honest about it in order to make the decision. Respect for all paths, regardless of whether you agree with them or not, because the path we may not like brings someone else the greatest amount of happiness, and that in itself is a beautiful thing, it is what this is all about.

The RHP did not ‘fail’ me. I simply find my truth and happiness within a LHP.

As far as the main differences go between the LHP and the RHP, a LHP is in my opinion, more demanding of your commitment and effort. Are you willing to WORK in order to get the results you want in your life? Success will not come without commitment and effort from your side. The Demon Lords do not reward laziness, and if you think you can approach them for requests without needing to put in the work, you might want to rethink your path choice.

The LHP is absolutely beautiful and incredibly powerful, but that ‘power’ belongs to each of us who are willing to work for it. When I refer to ‘power’, I am talking about your spiritual success as well as the level of success you see take shape within your life. If you are open to the teachings from the Dark Lords and your Demon companions, and if you are willing to commit and put in the necessary work, you will unlock a world of reward and happiness.

Go where you feel the most aligned with, and go while always staying true and honest to yourself.
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

In the Feri Tradition, there is a prayer that has part of its ending " . . . may our feet find the path, and may the path find our feet . . . "

I agree that both paths, RHP & LHP, are valid. I think a major challenge is not falling into arrogant thinking one's path is the best and then trying to coerce others to it.

There seems to me to be an element of ego dissolution, as VK Jehannum talks about, when doing alchemal and shadow-work workings in LHP. My take is that I see that here in LHP and did not see it when I was RHP. There are other RHP traditions than just evangelical xianity, so who knows, there may be some of that in other RHP trads.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Senatuq

Wynd Runner wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:34 am
In the Feri Tradition, there is a prayer that has part of its ending " . . . may our feet find the path, and may the path find our feet . . . "

I agree that both paths, RHP & LHP, are valid. I think a major challenge is not falling into arrogant thinking one's path is the best and then trying to coerce others to it.

There seems to me to be an element of ego dissolution, as VK Jehannum talks about, when doing alchemal and shadow-work workings in LHP. My take is that I see that here in LHP and did not see it when I was RHP. There are other RHP traditions than just evangelical xianity, so who knows, there may be some of that in other RHP trads.
I absolutely agree with you! LHP has been amazing for humbleness. There is always room for improvement of the Self, and better understanding ourselves. The LHP is a beautiful path for sure.
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I don't really fit in any path so will happily say I walk the crooked path. Both are equally valid paths.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Senatuq

TheCunningWoman wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:17 am
I don't really fit in any path so will happily say I walk the crooked path. Both are equally valid paths.
Absolutely :)
flywithbats666

it is whatever you feel comfortable with, whatever you feel a pull towards. it can be difficult to balance both...and if you call yourself a "grey witch" that is just code for being 99% light and 1% dark.
Leo Sierra
Patron Deities: Pazuzu, Lillith
Your favourite Demon?: Mutilations and Crypts
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I feel this is a very important discussion.

It is incredibly important to really examine yourself and what you truly want before committing to any Path. Especially before jumping in and swearing Oaths of allegiance to anyone or considering Pact making.

A growing trend I have noticed is people thinking that the LHP and Satanism are synonyms. Satanism absolutely can be a LHP belief system, but so many newcomers, seem to think that the LHP is 'the religion' you join when you discover that Satan is the 'good' guy and the other team are the 'bad' guys.

The LHP in the modern West is about Self-Deification. Any personal Path that revolves around serving and worshipping a deity, with the hope of joining them in an afterlife is inherently RHP. Most Neo Pagan religions are RHP. Even if the deity is Satan, if you see yourself as devoted to that deity with no view to progressing to godhood yourself, you are RHP.

It isn't LHP = Team Satan and RHP = Jesus & Friends

Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

Leo Sierra wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:10 am

The LHP in the modern West is about Self-Deification. Any personal Path that revolves around serving and worshipping a deity, with the hope of joining them in an afterlife is inherently RHP. Most Neo Pagan religions are RHP. Even if the deity is Satan, if you see yourself as devoted to that deity with no view to progressing to godhood yourself, you are RHP.

It isn't LHP = Team Satan and RHP = Jesus & Friends

That is a VERY interesting perspective, Leo Sierra. I like it because it presents ideas I've not thought of before. While I like what you wrote, I don't necessarily agree.

I sense and feel there is more depth and nuance to "LHP vs RHP."

For instance, I am not seeking my own deification, but I have no doubt whatsoever that I am LHP. (And who knows, maybe it is happening even though I don't seek it?)

I LOVE the darkness; every day I do my daily meditations, I LOVE running the black flame through every part of myself physically and spiritually; I LOVE working with dark gods, goddesses, and the Demonic Divine, I don't think I could ever work with angels or any other "light" beings. (I will work with nature beings at times.)

All I can talk about is my own experience. I could never work anything for very long that was RHP in any way: any church, any new age practices, SRI, theosophy, etc.

There was a time when I worked with Lucifuge Rofocale everyday, and while I can't say I went very deep into the darkness, I loved walking the depths of the darkness with him that I did travel.

But going back to what you wrote, I like it because it makes me think, and it is well said. Thank you
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”