I'm glad this is finally coming out

A place to discuss aliens, encounters, flying saucers, ET's and encounters from space.
guesswho
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

Ohhhh. So that's what UAP stands for. They mentioned it in the movie Nope but didn't actually say it, it was part of the gag. I guess they figure people will google it if they don't know. Not me. I wait for people to make posts on the forum and share this information. Thank you for showing the modern world that the universe doesn't need google to get you the message. Now I know. :devilpaper:
This is why the Mantis Shrimp is my new favorite animal,
because in the presence of such extraordinary light and beauty it embraces

DARKNESS,
It extols DEATH with the luminescent brilliance of a
DYING STAR

. . . The Mantis Shrimp is the harbinger of blood-soaked rainbows

- The Oatmeal
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

guesswho wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:13 am
Ohhhh. So that's what UAP stands for. They mentioned it in the movie Nope but didn't actually say it, it was part of the gag. I guess they figure people will google it if they don't know. Not me. I wait for people to make posts on the forum and share this information. Thank you for showing the modern world that the universe doesn't need google to get you the message. Now I know. :devilpaper:
You're welcome! :devilgrin: Yes, the change is confusing.

My personal idea on this wording change is that the US government's take, along with other governments, is, 'if you are wanting us to take this seriously and share what we have, the words have to be a bit more . . . 'technical,' a bit more 'scientific'." LOL

UFO - unidentified flying object

versus

UAP - unidentified aerial phenomenon

It is possible that "object" presupposes an actual physical object in the sky, whereas "phenomenon" means it could be anything.

And yes, sometimes people see things that might not make sense base on the time of day, where the sun is in the sky, heat shimmers, etc. So, I guess it makes sense.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I have long suspected that the craft that crashed in Roswell NM didn't come from Mars, but from Germany.
The Messerschmidt ME-109 was the fastest bird in the sky at the time, so it would have been of great interest to the USSAAC.
Since Walker AFB was home to the 509th Bombardment Group (the only one trained and ready for an atomic bomb mission at the time), it would have protocols security in place for Top Secret testing, and its close proximity to White Sands (the ME-163 used the same highly volatile and corrosive fuel as the V-2 missiles) it would seem a natural choice.
My suspicion is that some hot-shot test pilot tried to break the sound barrier (it had more than enough power) and found out, the hard way, that its aerodynamics made it uncontrollable above Mach .85
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Dragonoake

Wynd Runner wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:53 pm
That's refreshing someone wants "to apply scientific rigor" to this and add another perspective rather than the US DoD asking, "Can they blow us up? Can we blow them up?" or so seemed to be implied when the previous article mentioned the US DoD going on about "national security."
I keep thinking about that scene from the movie "The Final Countdown" where the two F-14s are toying with this Zero, all but literally flying circles around him :lol:
Although a guy with an English Longbow fighting a tank would probably be a closer analogy
Dragonoake

Here's the "dogfight" scene for those who haven't seen the movie

Wynd Runner

Dragonoake wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:55 am
I have long suspected that the craft that crashed in Roswell NM didn't come from Mars, but from Germany.
The Messerschmidt ME-109 was the fastest bird in the sky at the time, so it would have been of great interest to the USSAAC.
Since Walker AFB was home to the 509th Bombardment Group (the only one trained and ready for an atomic bomb mission at the time), it would have protocols security in place for Top Secret testing, and its close proximity to White Sands (the ME-163 used the same highly volatile and corrosive fuel as the V-2 missiles) it would seem a natural choice.
My suspicion is that some hot-shot test pilot tried to break the sound barrier (it had more than enough power) and found out, the hard way, that its aerodynamics made it uncontrollable above Mach .85
Interesting hypothesis. I like your thinking. So yes, that would make sense. And then having the cover story of a crashed UFO, pretty good cover! lol

I remember reading somewhere that Germany had just about perfected the jet engine towards the end of WWII. Who knows, maybe someone was testing that?
Dragonoake wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:36 am

I keep thinking about that scene from the movie "The Final Countdown" where the two F-14s are toying with this Zero, all but literally flying circles around him :lol:
Although a guy with an English Longbow fighting a tank would probably be a closer analogy
Yes had me laughing at this analogy! :lol:
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Dragonoake

Wynd Runner wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:52 am
I remember reading somewhere that Germany had just about perfected the jet engine towards the end of WWII. Who knows, maybe someone was testing that?
The V-1 "Buzzbomb" was jet powered, and they had a jet powered bomber in prototype stages, but the company making it fell out of favor with Hitler for some reason, and it was never finished.
Wynd Runner

Dragonoake wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:21 pm
The V-1 "Buzzbomb" was jet powered, and they had a jet powered bomber in prototype stages, but the company making it fell out of favor with Hitler for some reason, and it was never finished.
Thank the gods for that!
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Return to “UFO's and Alien Encounters”