What is discord nitro?

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

I don’t know whether to jump into Discord or not with the forum being as quiet as it is. But the idea of this paid service that not everyone can or will participate in gives me a bad vibe, like a secret clique the rest of us peons get left out of. I hope it doesn’t mean that some spiritual information is behind a paywall.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Discord is a messaging platform, one that has multiple channels to message and read stuff within. It's quiet here because a lot of the people use that platforms since it is a faster method of messaging. Thhink of it as a high tech version of Yahoo Groups, AIM, etc.

Discord is free to use. Everyone has access to the information there and is open resources as well.
Just like any platform, you have the option to upgrade your account to use special emojis and perks. This is a discord feature not a S&S feature. In there, you are given "boosts" that you can gift to your servers that you are in so that they get perks - like we get extra emojis to use and animated emojis, as well as being able to have a personalized link that allows us to invite people using our name instead of random numbers.

We do not have a paywall for any information. You can get a special badge that discord gives to you and a special role as well saying that you are supporting us. In return, we give free meditations and free readings on the occasion to show our thanks. There is not a paywall of information being kept behind it. It's more of a thank you for giving us their boost. We do not get any form of money from boosting, just extra cool perks for the entire server - here's the official list of what we get as a level 3 boosting gifts.

Level 3:
Boosted servers get everything previous, and —
+100 server emoji slots (for a total of 250)
+30 custom sticker slots (for a total of 60)
384 kbps audio quality
Custom Invite Link for the server
100 MB upload limit for all members
Animated Server Banner

It's basically perks for the community and the server, so voice chats and the experience is better and more fun. That's all.

We do not want to have anything that is not a paid service - like classes - hidden behind paywalls. We want our information to be open and available to all that want to learn.

I hope this helps alleviate your fears.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

Shifa wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:22 pm
I don’t know whether to jump into Discord or not with the forum being as quiet as it is. But the idea of this paid service that not everyone can or will participate in gives me a bad vibe, like a secret clique the rest of us peons get left out of. I hope it doesn’t mean that some spiritual information is behind a paywall.
Ysa said it quite well.

I wanted to add that I don't go to the discord as often because the speed of communication overwhelms me sometimes. lol I have autism, that's why. But yes, I think most of the people are there chatting away.

And when I have visited, I have not seen anything behind any paywall there.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Leo Sierra
Patron Deities: Pazuzu, Lillith
Your favourite Demon?: Mutilations and Crypts
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I go on Discord sometimes and it's honestly like the old chat rooms from the early internet.

It's okay. It's more focused on the social side of things and most activity is off topic.

The main downside is that information gets buried as the chat moves up. Also you'll get several people carrying on different conversations in the same space so it can be difficult to understand what exactly is going on.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”