Wild night with a Siren.

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Sun fire 874

Dragonoake wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:12 pm
Might have to wait a couple days until my computer comes back from the shop
I'm.in no rush
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I just talked to the computer tech, and he said the OS reinstall (the fourth or fifth time in two years) went perfectly, then it went Blue Screen about halfway through boot up....
Houston, we have a problem...
The ram failed every one of their tests, but they had those on hand; so, hopefully I can have it back this afternoon
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Sun fire 874

Like I said no rush. I just love reading on some of the strange stories of myth and legends.

One interesting one I read was the story of a Chinese shape shifting fox getting revenge on a landlord for the landlord killing the fox's family.

And it was totally justified for the fox for sure.

I forgot how it happened but somehow the landlord discovered the tenants he was renting to were foxes so he ordered the entire house they were in to be sealed up and burned down.

The fox barely escaped the fire alive and swore at the landlord that he never did anything evil to the landlord or his loved ones, that all he wanted was to live with his family in peace,and that landlord would PAY VERY DEARLY for his evil actions..

Long story short the fox pretended to be a very ancient and wise astrologer and built up the landlords ego with many oracles on how to get great riches, titles , power etc then convonced him he should be the true emperor of China and to fight to overthrow the current one.

Then just as he needed his "advisor" and the most dangerous battle ever the landlord couldn't find him and realized too late he was tricked by the fox and will very likely lose the battle then be sentenced to death for high treason.
Sun fire 874

Any news on the info about these children of the sirens?
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I lost all my bookmarks when my computer crashed, but my understanding is that the Sirens were nymphs who were the companions of Persephone. What, exactly, happened to them after her abduction by Hades varies, depending on the stories you read, but my best guess about their sad sweet song is that it was intended to call Persephone back from the Underworld and its effect on humans was incidental.

They lived on a small remote island with sharp rocks (a major problem for the wooden ships of the day) and not much in the way of vegetation or fresh water (which they didn't need because of their semi-divine nature) for the ship-wrecked sailors to live on.

I have seen some references to them coming ashore in human form, and even inter-breeding with men, but it will take a little digging to find that again.
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Sun fire 874

It seems like every other story in mythology amounts to "I was a male/female deity and thought this one guy/girl was hot so that's the story of how we got "X" demi God."

Apparently, humans are the hottest things out there I guess lol.

Also, really beginning to think I never saw an actual siren but more of energy or I guess "message" I suppose.

Not real but not fiction either if that makes any sense.

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”