Wild night with a Siren.

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

It's your dream and your symbolism. You're the only one who can say, for sure, what it means...
That being said, my take on it is that there is something in the depths that scares you enough that you will got to great lengths to blot out anything that reminds you of it, but you're being told that you could find a new beginning if you can overcome your fear
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Sun fire 874

Dragonoake wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:49 pm
It's your dream and your symbolism. You're the only one who can say, for sure, what it means...
That being said, my take on it is that there is something in the depths that scares you enough that you will got to great lengths to blot out anything that reminds you of it, but you're being told that you could find a new beginning if you can overcome your fear
So you think maybe. I should try give in and face whatever it is I'm trying black out instead of trying to resist it instead?
Dragonoake

I was once told that if you overcome a monster in your dreams, it will give you a gift.
That's what Shadow Work is all about, is it not?
Conquering your fears and healing the issues behind them, rather than continuing to run away from them
Nighthawk

Sun fire 874 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:47 am
I still have no idea why I had the dream. I never had any interest in the ocean, water element, mermaids, sirens etc.

Didn't hate any of it just... It wasn't my thing.

So such a dream having any meaning to me is beyond me.

If you want to try to do that though be my guest.
What an interesting and yet unsettling dream. I personally love dreams with music in them. :devilviolin:

I've read that the ocean can represent the subconscious in a spiritual way.
And that people of the opposite sex in a dream can represent the subconscious part of ourselves.

So with the siren, tied against your will, a part of yourself being dragged into your next spiritual experience, or path, etc.
The song, the beauty of the song, the sexual encounter, unable to resist it, and the baby...a birth of something. A different variation of a path, a new path, new insights of your current path. If true, only time will reveal.

Just a guess. Could be right, could be wrong.
Sun fire 874

Dragonoake wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:01 am
I was once told that if you overcome a monster in your dreams, it will give you a gift.
That's what Shadow Work is all about, is it not?
Conquering your fears and healing the issues behind them, rather than continuing to run away from them
The thing is though is by its very nature this fight as you call it isn't so easy to understand much less win.

It's not as if the Siren is an opponent one defeats with a weapon or fists more like a battle of.minds or hearts.

And in this case as strange as it sounds my instincts actually.tell.me that to win I should lose or rather let myself be overtaken if that makes any sense.
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

Sun fire 874 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:04 pm

The thing is though is by its very nature this fight as you call it isn't so easy to understand much less win.

It's not as if the Siren is an opponent one defeats with a weapon or fists more like a battle of.minds or hearts.

And in this case as strange as it sounds my instincts actually.tell.me that to win I should lose or rather let myself be overtaken if that makes any sense.
Yes, so funny, because that is what I got. I also get some of the same as Nighthawk, that is part of your subconscious, the Siren, if you cooperate with her / yourself, then something new and wonderful will come out of it.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Sun fire 874

I have to be honest what's terrifying about is the very idea of the death of the ego here.

I know it's not really death itself per say but it feels like it.

There's that preprogrammed sense of self-preservation that screams to hold your ground.

Mine has always been very strong.

Which is going to make this difficult as when your own mind is your greatest enemy overcoming it really is a nightmare.

And there really isn't any other way to handle it but to just keep going for it.

Can't fly if you don't leave the ground though right?
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

You'll get there :wink:

I think we all struggle with stuff like this from time to time.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Dragonoake

Sun fire 874 wrote:
I never said it was.
In fact, I never said it was a fight, just that there was something you needed to overcome.

I'm not seeing the siren as a literal daughter of Poseidon, but rather as a symbol of something from the depths of your subconscious that you are very much avoiding and/or running away from.
The idea of singing a song without words could be a hint, something to do with birds, maybe?
The sexual encounter could symbolize the release of something (Swan Song?), or a unification of some kind, possibly involving the reconciliation of opposites or of old foes

What does a siren mean to you?
Cop (authority figure, maybe)?
Ambulance?
Fire truck?
There could be some helpful symbolism here

Also, when she asked how you felt about fatherhood, she never said you were necessarily going to be the literal father of her child.
It does, of course, remain a possibility; but it could be taken, symbolically, a number of ways depending on your attitudes towards parenthood, and the kind of relationship you had with your dad. It's something you might need to take a closer look at.
You aren't necessarily losing, so much, as changing perspectives on something; and that could mean less of the hostile takeover that you fear, and more of a new understanding that could benefit you far more than you realize
Dragonoake

Sun fire 874 wrote:
Keep in mind that this a very Piscean creature...
You'll never understand them by utilizing logic because it's a a foreign language to them
You have to meet them at them at the emotional depths that they understand, or you'll never make any sense of it. I had a dear friend who was a textbook Pisces, so I know

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”