How Do I Quote A Post Thats in Another Forum?

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

user0322

How do I quote a post that's in another forum?
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that.
ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

You mean in a thread? Or just posting?

You’ll want to use the code:

Code: Select all

[quote]TEXT HERE[/quote]
Put the text you want to quote inside. Or you’ll want to hit the “ button next to the underline in text box above writing a post OR the “ at the right hand corner of a post and just copy paste it.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Vixiery wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:53 pm
How do I quote a post that's in another forum?
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that.
You write the quote tags or use the editor and click on the speech bubble with quotation marks, which puts the quote tags into your post and then you paste the content between them.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
user0322

Basically ur saying that I open two tabs, go to sns forum inex, input login info, check the remember me checkbox, login to my account on both tabs, copy the post I wanna quote thats in tab A, on forum A, then paste in, tab B on forum B, then add BBC quote tags to quote the post, [(instead of clicking the quote button, because I dont want to use javascript because an attacker, who is cyberstalking me, keeps running malicious javascript code that force closes my browser)], thereby preventing double sinning.
Is this correct?
user0322

Thank you for the help you have provided so far tho.
I really appreciate you both.
Its just been awhile since I've used bbc tags.
Idk them all.
I'll look into this.
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Vixiery wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:30 pm
Basically ur saying that I open two tabs, go to sns forum inex, input login info, check the remember me checkbox, login to my account on both tabs, copy the post I wanna quote thats in tab A, on forum A, then paste in, tab B on forum B, then add BBC quote tags to quote the post, [(instead of clicking the quote button, because I dont want to use javascript because an attacker, who is cyberstalking me, keeps running malicious javascript code that force closes my browser)], thereby preventing double sinning.
Is this correct?
Basically.
And if an attacker really can run javascript on your browser he either has access to your pc already or your router.
Otherwise they wouldn't be able to redirect safe web page scripts to something not save/inject malicious scripts.
In the first case, you should completely wipe your pc and set it up again, in the second case reset the router and use a better password or get a better one with newer firmware.
That is, assuming it is really malicious java scripts and not just a browser or plugin error. Because if all that the malicious scripts do is crash your browser, this is like the best case scenario concerning scripts.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”