Satan's Guide to the Bible

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
guesswho
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

Another gem available for free on YouTube. Apparently it is ad free.

TW: Has sunday school songs and bible verses

From the video's description:
SATAN'S GUIDE TO THE BIBLE is an animated documentary. Join Satan as he shares Bible secrets, secrets the students' pastor learned at Christian seminary but is afraid to share. Thankfully, Satan's not afraid of losing his job.

Satan has amassed an impressive list of biblical scholars ready to reveal the "standard stuff" taught in Christian seminaries: Bart Ehrman (UNC Chapel Hill), John J. Collins (Yale), Dale Allison (Princeton Seminary), Susan Niditch (Amherst), Ron Hendel (UC Berkeley), and Hector Avalos (Iowa State). This is established seminary curriculum about biblical history, biblical morals, authorship claims, and early Christianity — a curriculum never shared with the congregation.

Darkly comedic, but thoroughly researched, SATAN'S GUIDE TO THE BIBLE is a fascinating journey into the secrets of the world's best-selling book.

Directed by documentary filmmaker Zeke Piestrup (APOCALYPSE LATER: HAROLD CAMPING VS THE END OF THE WORLD) and produced by animation filmmaker Tim Johnson (ANTZ, OVER THE HEDGE, HOME)

This is why the Mantis Shrimp is my new favorite animal,
because in the presence of such extraordinary light and beauty it embraces

DARKNESS,
It extols DEATH with the luminescent brilliance of a
DYING STAR

. . . The Mantis Shrimp is the harbinger of blood-soaked rainbows

- The Oatmeal
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

I liked it, thanks for sharing. It was a little long, though. lol

I was hoping they would cover The Pagan Christ.

This book talked about how many of Jesus' teachings were pagan beliefs and teachings from that time and before. The most shattering thing the author wrote about is that Jesus never really existed.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Admyrer
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Much TY as I do enjoy views that are outside the box . That's without thinking about who wrote that box in the first place of course . :devilread: Here's one that fits in here and deserves sharing as its causing angst in a lot of places . Basically the claim is that all the old testament was aliens acting as Gods through technology . I wonder what King Soloman would say about all that ? 4 hours long so bring lots of popcorn :popcorndevil: https://youtu.be/Qo7e2Rh6WpM?si=WvNEhjjsg63VleX0 :headbang:
guesswho

Admyrer wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:30 pm
Much TY as I do enjoy views that are outside the box . That's without thinking about who wrote that box in the first place of course . :devilread: Here's one that fits in here and deserves sharing as its causing angst in a lot of places . Basically the claim is that all the old testament was aliens acting as Gods through technology . I wonder what King Soloman would say about all that ? 4 hours long so bring lots of popcorn :popcorndevil: https://youtu.be/Qo7e2Rh6WpM?si=WvNEhjjsg63VleX0 :headbang:
I have that on my watch later list!! It seems like one I'll need to sit and really pay attention, so I'm putting it off.

Satan's Guide was more of a fun approach to the subject, even though it covers some heavy topics.

DARKNESS,
DYING STAR

- The Oatmeal
guesswho

Wynd Runner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:18 pm
I liked it, thanks for sharing. It was a little long, though. lol

I was hoping they would cover The Pagan Christ.

This book talked about how many of Jesus' teachings were pagan beliefs and teachings from that time and before. The most shattering thing the author wrote about is that Jesus never really existed.
Thanks for the book recommendation, I don't think I've seen it before.

Well, yes, I don't remember the source but there are some videos (or there were 10 years or so ago) on youtube about the authorship of the New Testament being basically propaganda created for the Roman Emperor Titus.

DARKNESS,
DYING STAR

- The Oatmeal
guesswho

The video from 2013 is long gone. But I found one from 5 years ago, called Caesar's Messiah:

DARKNESS,
DYING STAR

- The Oatmeal

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”