Getting into exercises by memerization

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Soultransformer

As I have started some exercises I have started to notice that I'm not feeling anything or not being able to get into it. I figured out my problem, the problem is I'm just reading off a computer screen what I am saying outloud to myself. So now I am working on memerizing my exercises and the words that come with it. I was just wondering what different people here use to memerize something. I myself have discovered that like back when I was still in school just saying the words outloud over and over again helps it get stuck in my head. Some people say writing down over and over again to help you remember, just like when a teacher would punish you for bad behaviour, making you write: "I will not use bad language in class" . Another one I thought of would be to voice record something and then playing it at night so that your brain picks it up while you sleep. So far I've only used the first one I mentioned cause it seems to work best for me. What methods do you use to memerize rituals or exercises?
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

I can totally relate to this lol

I write things down and actually repeat them in my head several times or even out loud until I remember them. Then, in case I forget, I keep my written notes nearby the first few times to remind myself, until it finally sticks in my head, haha.

Other times, if I am not feeling something I will actually re-write it and put my own spin on it. I find this really helpful/useful, since I can choose words that resonate with me. This helps me direct my energy/intent with what I am doing, instead of reading a bunch of words someone else wrote that have no personal meaning to me.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Soultransformer

Eilana wrote:I can totally relate to this lol

I write things down and actually repeat them in my head several times or even out loud until I remember them. Then, in case I forget, I keep my written notes nearby the first few times to remind myself, until it finally sticks in my head, haha.

Other times, if I am not feeling something I will actually re-write it and put my own spin on it. I find this really helpful/useful, since I can choose words that resonate with me. This helps me direct my energy/intent with what I am doing, instead of reading a bunch of words someone else wrote that have no personal meaning to me.
I'm thinking with time it should get easier. I used to be good in memerization, practice makes perfect ;)

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”