About using Demon Portals

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

loumandi

Hi, everyone!

I hope all of you are having a great day. I just want to ask a question on how to use a ring portal. I just acquired a 2 demons ring portal of King Beleth and Grand Duke Bathin. The seller did gave instructions regarding invocation but I was wondering, if is it okay using a triangle in summoning goetic demons? I read from Ellen Purswell's book Goetic Demonolatry, that it is not acceptable to direct them in a triangle because it will hurt them and it is disrespectful? According to Ms. Purswell's book, it is more acceptable practice for demonolatry to respectfully invite them inside one's circle than directing then inside a triangle. Any thoughts on this? Because, per seller's instruction:

"You will create a triangle (using stones if you like) for them to manifest within, and a circle for yourself to stand within – a circle of protection. The incantation is the same for both of them but you will want to do this separately each time, using each Demons color candle within their triangle – for Beleth it will be red and for Bathin it will be purple, and also placing their sigil in the triangle.
You are welcome to print the sigils from a computer or draw them yourself, but printing might be easier especially since you will want to print the invocation out to recite during the ritual. Any time you are to use their name during the ritual, you will say either Beleth/King Beleth, or Bathin/Duke Bathin. When calling upon King Beleth, you will need a silver ring, either held in or worn on your left hand."

The instruction is the same as that in the Lemegeton, minus the use of a hazel wand to direct King Beleth inside the triangle, which I was told is not necessary anymore.

Somehow, I feel that there is something missing from the instruction given, although I'm asking the seller for further instructions and incantation, I need to be sure on what I'm doing unless I want to incur the wrath of the the demons I'm invoking. Help me please!

Thanks and looking forward to your answers and suggestions on how to improve the ritual above. :devilwave: >:)
Heidi

My question is, what is the use of the ring you got if you are to do pratically a full evocation in order to communicate with the demons?
loumandi

Hi, Heidi!

According to the seller it serves as a portal. I'm not really well versed in using one. I've read from CH blogs that it's like a gate way. From what the seller told me and from what I understand, if they are summoned, they readily come or I guess it will be much easier for them to manifest in the physical world, unlike when you evoke them using the ceremonial magic ritual.
Actually, I'm kind a confused too :(
Heidi

It just made me wonder, because people usually use a portal from a seller in order to bypass the whole circle/sigil/ more formal evocation issue. The instructions you received can- if followed- call the demon, even without the use of any portal pieces. That's why it seemed a bit strange to me.

I personally don't have any portals to any of the demon lords. I have some portals to immortals, dark and light, but -to be honest- I have come to realize that they don't really have much effect for me because if said immortal wants to make their presence known they will do so either you have a portal to them or not and if they don't want to then they won't, portal or not. They still hear you if you talk to them though, even when you can't feel their presence. I suppose a portal piece could help someone when he/she is trying to establish a connection to said immortal or demon but since I haven't really done that that way someone else who has would be better suited to talk about that.

With any piece, however, it is good to follow the seller's instructions, as they are the ones who crafted the item and they know which is the way it was created to be used. Were I to suggest any additions or changes to the ritual you have, I'd say the following (this will work as a ritual itself too though, so one could use it by itself too, without a portal piece):

Before such workings, it helps to banish/ clear your space energetically so that you have a clear space to cast your circle.

It also helps if you use a method to raise your energy with any method you prefer that works for you. I have used the Bornless Ritual for this purpose (I still wonder why exactly it works for this purpose, but it really does work for me, so I do use it), Koetting's Omnipotence rite and self-created meditations for this purpose. Whatever works for you would be fine.

About the triangle: I personally don't consider the triangle as disrespectful per se; it depends on your intention when creating it. If you use it to summon the demon within it in order to keep him trapped for the duration of the ritual then it is disrespectful and I personally wouldn't recommend it. If you create the triangle with the intention to mark the place where the demon will manifest, so that you know where to concentrate your attention for manifestations of the demon, then it's perfectly ok in my mind. You could also not use a triangle at all and call the demon directly into your circle. If you do use a triangle, it's preferable to create the triangle in the direction that is commonly associated with the demon you're summoning (which I never remember by heart, but you can always look it up). I don't know if this actually has practical use (meaning, I don't know if demons always prefer to come from that direction or not) but it shows the demon that you took the trouble to do your research before calling them.

The next addition I would make would be to add incense to the ritual, which also helps in manifestations in the smoke. This of course only if you can actually light incense at your place and if you don't have a problem with it, cause I know many people can't stand it at all.

I personally have found that I prefer to use an athame to direct energy when creating a circle rather than a wand, but i have used both to cast a circle for different purposes and both have worked.

I'm sure others will make different suggestions based on the way they like to work, these are the ideas that immediately popped in my mind while reading the instructions your seller gave you. Good luck and keep us updated on how it goes :)
loumandi

Hi, Heidi!

Thank you for answering my questions. Very helpful in clarifying some things that bothered me. specifically about the use of the triangle. I was able to talk to the seller earlier and I asked what is the ring portal for. I was told that I can use it to call the demons and for banishing. per her instruction, I am to put the ring inside the triangle together with the demon's sigil and it is where the demon will manifest. but she advice against inviting the demon inside the circle because according to her it is dangerous especially for someone new. I asked her for the invocation and she gave me a revised goetic incantation. I was reading thru it, that it's very much similar with the traditional evocation calling on God & his angels to give protection.
eLuceo

I'm not familiar of invoking Demons thru a portal but from what I read in Akelta's other posts on invocation, the old ways were to force the demons to do that person's bidding, hence protection and weapons are needed. There's an element of just-in-case something goes wrong involved.

I felt that this should not be a case as what I understand from Akelta's experiences and also experiences from other members who invited Demon Lords over. They were very pleasant and wonderful experiences that the Demon Lords seem so 'human' and friendly.

Perhaps different Demon Lords require their own method of invoking hence certain items are for them?
Beyond the fourth wall.
loumandi

Hi, eLuceo!

I was told that the triangle was for protection. As a matter of fact, when i do call my DDK, I don't have a circle or triangle, I just call him using the invocation that Akelta gave together with his sigil, that is why I'm a bit confused with the use of a circle and triangle since it is the traditional way of summoning demons, well minus the wand or blasting rod.

And I think, based on what I've read that the traditional way of calling demons was not a friendly way because they were forced by the magician or summoner to come against their will. I'm also reading the revised invocation that I got, but do we really have to call on the name of God when summoning a Goetic Demon? In demonolatry, I don't think they ever invoke a demon through the name of God? or do they? I wonder.
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

Awesome topic loumandi! And wonderful information Heidi! Thank you both!
loumandi wrote:but she advice against inviting the demon inside the circle because according to her it is dangerous especially for someone new. I asked her for the invocation and she gave me a revised goetic incantation. I was reading thru it, that it's very much similar with the traditional evocation calling on God & his angels to give protection.
I am probably one of the newest people and I just would like to say I have never felt threatened by any of the Demon Lords I have invited over. I felt completely safe and they were all lovely. I agree with what eLuceo said.
loumandi wrote:but do we really have to call on the name of God when summoning a Goetic Demon? In demonolatry, I don't think they ever invoke a demon through the name of God? or do they? I wonder.
Personally, I would absolutely never, ever call 'God' and his angels to interact with a Demon Lord. Again, this is a very personal thing to me, but I feel that's very disrespectful and implies I do not trust the Demon Lords. Or that I expect they are going to come and hurt me or are dangerous. I really don't feel that way at all.

I would speak directly to the Demon themselves and chant/say their enn and/or invite them. Here's a book on Daemonolatry Goetia if you're interested in that approach. I have it but haven't read it completely or done much with it because I think it's a bit beyond my skill level right now lol
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Heidi

loumandi wrote:Hi, Heidi!

Thank you for answering my questions. Very helpful in clarifying some things that bothered me. specifically about the use of the triangle. I was able to talk to the seller earlier and I asked what is the ring portal for. I was told that I can use it to call the demons and for banishing. per her instruction, I am to put the ring inside the triangle together with the demon's sigil and it is where the demon will manifest. but she advice against inviting the demon inside the circle because according to her it is dangerous especially for someone new. I asked her for the invocation and she gave me a revised goetic incantation. I was reading thru it, that it's very much similar with the traditional evocation calling on God & his angels to give protection.
I totally missed that, I forgot that the traditional goetic incantation would include a part where you would call on god and his angels to protect you,lol! Yeah, I don't think this is the best idea, since it would show that you go into the ritual expecting an attack from the demon you're calling. So -unless you truly believe that you need to call on the help of god or angels to be safe during the ritual- better take that part out.

Just a note here: demons often like to play with your fears and prejudice so that you can get past it, so if you go into a ritual expecting to be scared, attacked etc then bad things may actually happen. Not bad like the demon sending you to the hospital bad, but if you are afraid that working with demons will cause bad stuff to happen to you, then bad stuff may start happening to you, or if you expect that the demon will try to harm you during the ritual and that you will have to control him/her for this not to happen, then don't be surprised if you start panicking and feeling like you're under attack the moment the demon appears. Such stuff. I'm not saying it will definitely happen, but they do have a tendency to make you face your blocks if they believe that this will be a good way for you to overcome these obstacles.

If you're not sure yet if you believe demons are all bad and they'll try to harm you or if they're actually nice if you approach them with respect, then I would advice against doing any full-blown rituals that will bring them in your immediate presence for the time being. Better try meditating on the name of the demon you chose to get a feel of his/her energies first, or meditate chanting their enn, or give some offerings and just talk to them and see how it goes. This way you get to know them better, so by the time you decide you want to call them in a circle you will have better knowledge of what to expect, instead of just having an idea of them based on grimoires that consider all demons evil to begin with.

I'm not saying to not use your portal right now Loumandi, I just thought I'd mention the above for anyone else who may be considering getting a similar portal piece or doing a similar ritual but they're not sure how to go about doing it. Maybe you can ask the seller if the portal will still work if you leave the part about calling on the angels to protect you out. If they say it will still work even if modified, then you can ask Akelta how to modify the ritual you were given so it is still respectful. Good luck :)
eLuceo

loumandi wrote:Hi, eLuceo!

I was told that the triangle was for protection. As a matter of fact, when i do call my DDK, I don't have a circle or triangle, I just call him using the invocation that Akelta gave together with his sigil, that is why I'm a bit confused with the use of a circle and triangle since it is the traditional way of summoning demons, well minus the wand or blasting rod.

And I think, based on what I've read that the traditional way of calling demons was not a friendly way because they were forced by the magician or summoner to come against their will. I'm also reading the revised invocation that I got, but do we really have to call on the name of God when summoning a Goetic Demon? In demonolatry, I don't think they ever invoke a demon through the name of God? or do they? I wonder.
I just saw something that Heidi highlighted on the silver ring and the word "banishing". I personally feel that this method given by the seller contains elements of fear and much disrespectful towards the Demon Lords.

I feel any spirit or entity should be treated with respect and courtesy, even more so when we request their help.

Like Heidi suggested, perhaps you can also check with Akelta on this.
Beyond the fourth wall.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”