Strange dream that I know is symbolic

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Looking for some feedback or thoughts, I know there are no absolutes in this so don't worry, I won't hold anyone to what they say :lol:

last night I had a strange dream, I think I understand the high level meaning but not the micro as it applies to a situation in my life.

I dreamt that Joanne, myself and one of my dogs were out in this huge strange body of water, in my dream I know we did get there by walking down to it by some means but unsure. My dog is 15 so of course would never be there with us as I would never put her life in danger. Anyhoo the rock was really tall and very slippery with no real holds, smooth pretty much with a few little spots here and there for foot holds. I managed to get up to the top while Hoover and Joanne remained at the bottom worried sick about me and getting down. There was no safe way to get done without sliding right off and into the water below, which was high enough that I would break legs on impact or if I messed up impale myself on rocks. I kept trying to lower myself to different spots that would get me closer to the water but just couldn't get there. I finally was able to get to this strange foothold that brought me maybe a foot closer (stupid move) but I couldn't get back up from here or go anywhere but down. I woke up contemplating the jump itself.

so I see this at a high level as trusting the jump, that I would survive, even if injured and Joanne and Hoover would be fine. I have had dreams like this before, dreams that were profound to my current situation and they were clear as day but this one, while clear in it's symbolism, isn't so clear as to how it applies to life right now. I am not at any jumping point, other than just getting through the Marduk gate, which has been an eight month journey of self exploration and work with all my inner demons and angels at the same time. I am by no means done, this will be lifelong but the process has started for sure.

Anyone have thoughts on what something like this would mean to them?

thanks guys
DD
Phlan
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

Maybe the rock is like your spiritual journey so far and you have come a long way that when you look back at how far you have come it's crazy and to try and go back would just hurt yourself so the only way left to go would be just up?
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Phlan, i am so sorry for the delay. Been a busy week but no excuse. thank you for your insight, I agree with that assessment, along with many other things that it probably means as well. The more I dissect it the more I see different meanings to the dream. yes it' s about not having a way back, no way to start over except jumping. However, do I jump? is that the next phase or find another way up? That's where I am pondering. I had a dear friend point out that it may also be about Joanne's worry of me climbing something she doesn't understand or she feels I am going to leave her behind while I go up. Her advice was to talk with Joanne and I couldn't' agree more with that, and of course I did it. It was a great conversation on many levels, it was time to open up that door so she feels she can ask me anytime to be involved or know what I am doing. She chooses not to be part but I choose not to keep her separate so it's finding that balance.

I do think it's about my jumping, not having a smooth way back down but a painful jump into the unknown. Will I get injured? maybe? will I be fine? Maybe. Is it necessary? Absolutely.

There is part one to this dream that I didn't share but is as profound and goes with this experience as well. I haven't shared this on the forum but I have had recurring dreams my entire life, one is my running from werewolves in a forest and i end up in the same spot and waking at the same spot. I used to see werewolves in my room at the end of my bed all the time as a kid, I would see werewolves and other faces staring back at me. Now that said I was never overly scared but I was still a little uncomfortable, I would hide under the covers and ask them to go away. I may have even asked god but I honestly don't remember. I would see black shadow men walking in my room by my bed as well. Everything stopped all at once, and I honestly don't know what it was that stopped those sightings.

Anyhoo back to the dream, this happened four nights after the Marduk gate.

In this dream i was with a friend and we were in some strange forest land that had two high cliffs with a marsh and heavy water like environment with rocks and areas you had to hop on to avoid the water on the other side. on each side of these cliffs there were strange homes, homes I was trying to look at for some reason. My friend and I traversed into the marsh area and knew we were being followed by the dogman and bigfoot, and while I wasn't really terrified i was nervous and was trying to avoid them.

we got up on to a rock and there was one dogman super close and in fact by the time I looked up I could see his ears poking up over the rock and while my friend was up on the top looking at him I was half up the rock and frozen facing the rock. I could feel the animal near me, standing right next to me but I didn't feel it would kill me but wasn't entirely comfortable. I asked my friend what he was doing and she said "he's looking at you" then I woke up.

So there is more to this with part two, it was a super lucid dream, not a dream at all really, very real.

So what does it mean? Well many things I think. But the biggest takeaway I see is that I have to look at him, I have to finally turn around to what is chasing me or standing next to me and look it in the eyes. No matter what the consequences, either it represents me, my shadow side or it represents something that has been trying to get my attention.

While I am fearful of these creatures, I am also strangely very drawn to them and want to be in their presence. Was I one of them in a past life? well maybe? Are the dreams about me trying to get back into the pack? Maybe? But they don't want me there, that much is obvious.

so there ya go, ponder that one..
brandon3913
Patron Deities: Azazel,Lucifuge
Your favourite Demon?: Hellhound,Abaasy demon,Succubus,Demonic vampire
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I believe that dream was about how much trust do you have within itself and what measurements would you take to survive this task that was put against you. All in all sometimes you just gotta jump to reach what your looking for if that makes since , maybe life sometimes takes risks to reach a certain part of ur life..

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”