We like books! And we're reading....

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
Berry

Berry:

The Energy Grid by Bruce Cathie (my mom left many books like this when she died)
two translations of the Goetia (ouch my brain)
Various books about Crowley's Thoth Deck
High Magic by Frater U D
Controversies: High Level Catholic Apologetics by Karl Keating
The House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (I'm always reading this)
Next up, getting a hold of some E.A. Koetting.

Of course, readers know, just because you're reading a book doesn't make it good. EXCEPT House of Leaves (;

What are you reading? Any recommendations? I have Amazon prime and I'm not afraid to use it!

:devilread: :devilread: :devilread: :devilread: :devilread: :devilread: :devilread:
darklordmidnight
Patron Deities: Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Succubus so far
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Currently reading....rhym of the ancient mariner, dantes inferno, lovecraft, the encyclopedia of ghosts and spirits.
My, my, you are a darkling thing aren't you.

There is wisdom in Chaos if only one cares to look.

I have seen the things that lurk in the dark boyers of mans domain
Berry

When I was like, 17, I had the weirdest, most terrifying, epic long dream. Then I read Dante's Inferno and was pissed that someone stole my dream, but that didn't work out, obv.

:winkdevil:
darklordmidnight
Patron Deities: Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Succubus so far
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Lmao :cuteghost:
My, my, you are a darkling thing aren't you.

There is wisdom in Chaos if only one cares to look.

I have seen the things that lurk in the dark boyers of mans domain
Sesshoumaru
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

I have several paperbacks & Many ebooks -- both fiction & non-fiction -- that I have either already read, in the midst of reading, or are in the continuously growing to be read pile...

However, I'm currently in the midst of reading 2 textbooks & handouts for a class I'm currently taking... :devilread:

Unfortunately, those take precedence over the other books at the moment... :devilcry:

Until then, I'm :glaredevil: :devilpaper: :devilchain: :devilread: :devilpaint: :sleepdevil:
--Lucky
"The emotions of those who are thought to be beautiful are always full of sorrow." --Treize Khushrenada
"A sheep that tastes blood becomes a wolf...and cannot return to the flock." --Kudou Yohji (WK OVA)
Nightraven14
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Satan and Ba'al
Your favourite Demon?: DDQ "A"
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

"Luciferian Witchcraft" and "The Bible of The Adversary" by Michael Ford

"Vodou Shaman" by Ross Heaven

A few other books on Voodoo.
Phil

"Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fails, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way" - Elvis
Syriana
Patron Deities: Hecate,Loki,Bune
Your favourite Demon?: All of my guys
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I flip to a random page of my gigantic hardback copy of The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits daily to stay sharp. :devilgrin:

I'm always ten years behind on everything so I've been reading through the Book of the Dead.

I prefer books documenting real experiences of the paranormal. THOSE have my full on attention over FOOD,which says a lot. :shiftydevil:
~Bury all your secrets in my skin. Come away with innocence and leave me with my sins.~ Slipknot,"Snuff" :possessed:

Sesshoumaru
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

-arianna- wrote:I'm finishing "Evoking Eternity" by E.A. Koetting and getting ready to read "The Book of Azazel" by the same author. Also reading "The Mystic Grimoire of Mighty Spells and Rituals" by Frater Malak (also known as Geoff Gray-Cobb).
I want to check these books out.. Unfortunately, these books are also going on the "TO READ" pile... :glaredevil: :disapprove:
--Lucky
"The emotions of those who are thought to be beautiful are always full of sorrow." --Treize Khushrenada
"A sheep that tastes blood becomes a wolf...and cannot return to the flock." --Kudou Yohji (WK OVA)
Gaylani

my brain is scattered so i get distracted easily and go to search and read online...last night i read a story of Tir Na Og online when google searching for general info about it..

just began reading "the easiest way to learn the tarot-ever" book/workbook.

reading two parenting books right now about raising sensitive and intuitive children. well i ordered two on my kindle reading one.

planning on finishing up Real Wolfmen, True Encounters in Modern America.
:devilread: :Ddevil:
“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke

"If scientists as a whole denounce an idea, this should not necessarily be taken as proof that the said idea is absurd; rather, one should examine carefully the alleged grounds for such opinions and judge how well these stand up to detailed scrutiny." --Brian David Josephson
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Totally slacking... I'm reading Fool Moon, book two of the Dresden Files... but I REALLY need to drag out some of the books in my "other" library and start brushing up.

Hubby, J, K, A, and T are all cooperating to start a website for the pagan community in this area. My store will be on it, so... If I'm going to get back into teaching formal classes, it's probably time I brushed up on the basics again.

One can never polish those quite enough, no matter how big you get... a good foundation, a CONSISTENT foundation, is the most necessary thing in the world in ANY art... but definitely in THIS Art.
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”