We like books! And we're reading....

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
darklordmidnight
Patron Deities: Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Succubus so far
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Hard back copy of the encyclopedia of ghots and spirits...*drools*

And the dresden files are great books...love em
My, my, you are a darkling thing aren't you.

There is wisdom in Chaos if only one cares to look.

I have seen the things that lurk in the dark boyers of mans domain
Gaylani

Practical Sigil Magic: Creating Personal Symbols for Success by Frater U.D.

It's easy reading and straight to the point, not drifting too far off of the designated subject regarding the history and life of Austin Osman Spare, although it has sparked a desire for me to read more about his life. At about halfway through thus far, my affection to sigil magick grows.

Up to now he has discussed the word, pictorial, and mantrical sigil constructions and the mantrical method seems the most appealing.

:devilread:
“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke

"If scientists as a whole denounce an idea, this should not necessarily be taken as proof that the said idea is absurd; rather, one should examine carefully the alleged grounds for such opinions and judge how well these stand up to detailed scrutiny." --Brian David Josephson
RedRose

A few books on the way:
- Questing After Visions: Making Conscious Contact by E.A. Koetting
- Ipsissimus by E.A. Koetting
- Book of Abrasax by Michael Cecchetelli and Derik Richards
- Book of Azazel by E.A. Koetting (everyone talking about this book on this forum is whetting my appetite :crazy: )

Books on my wish list:
- The Divine Pymander of Hermes translated by Dr Everand
- Isis Unveiled: A Master-Key to the Mysteries of Ancient and Modern Science and Theology by H.P. Blavatsky
- Ancient Egypt: The Light of the World by Gerald Masset
- The Occult and the Curative Powers of Precious Stones by William T. Fernie M.D
Don’t only practice your art,
But force your way into its secrets,
For it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.

Ludwig van Beethoven
Sesshoumaru
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Folks:
Has anyone read this book? If so, your thoughts on it? Came across it while checking out a listing for a different book...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As always, your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help! ^^y
--Lucky
"The emotions of those who are thought to be beautiful are always full of sorrow." --Treize Khushrenada
"A sheep that tastes blood becomes a wolf...and cannot return to the flock." --Kudou Yohji (WK OVA)
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Dark Moon Mysteries - Timothy Roderick
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Texas Mexican
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Arianna have you read the book of azael at all? i heard good stuff about it, so far its in my wish list but what sucks is with the bills ill probably get it next month.
what im reading now is some good ol fashion Edgar Allen Poe: Complete Tales & Poems, i actually highly recommend this book if you like these kinds of books & not to mention it helps relax me more than meditating so that's a plus :D
When we played softball, I'd steal second base, feel guilty and go back- Woody Allen

I feel nobody's understanding me, the outcast from both sides of the family, low life is what they branded me so i'm living the fantasy, iv'e been given the chance to be the man to use profanity to carry out my plan & make a stand against insanity- Me...Thinking Out Loud

I came through the door, I said it before, i'll never let my mind mesmerize me the most- Same Thug Song
GraveX

Hmmm...

I am reading Necronomicon Gnosis.... Soon to be delving into Sol Tenebrous...

-X-

Cake and Cadavers...
babyface

Sesshoumaru wrote:Folks:
Has anyone read this book? If so, your thoughts on it? Came across it while checking out a listing for a different book...

I have not read this book yet but as I was searching info on it.....I came across a pdf version that one can download:
http://www.4shared.com/office/gQ9fQCve/ ... _of_t.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are other books in that library :devilgrin:
I stop fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now
VeiLWalkeR
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

babyface wrote:
Sesshoumaru wrote:Folks:

I have not read this book yet but as I was searching info on it.....I came across a pdf version that one can download:
http://www.4shared.com/office/gQ9fQCve/ ... _of_t.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are other books in that library :devilgrin:

Thats a good one to take a snoop at, I found some interesting sites as well to download from :grindevil:
OMG, I have finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side, there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left ~*
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I am reading "Magician's Of The Gods" by Grahman Hancock. I would highly recommend this.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”