Dark and lights Spirits

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Hi I wanted to ask if anyone here has both Light and Dark spirits companions why I am asking is all my Spirits are Dark Art spirits ... I have been thinking of maybe bringing in a spirit that's not Dark Nature but Also I am wondering if that in its self .. is a good ideal because I would not want a Spirit of light nature to be uncomfortable being around so many spirits that . is of Dark nature so . if anyone has both for companions it really would be Great to hear how that's working out for you .thanks :)
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Darth Moronius

Umm I think you can ask the conjurers for the light spirits who don't mind and can work with dark spirits. But of course that depends on the conjurers too :)devil:
user1876
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon

Darth Moronius wrote:Umm I think you can ask the conjurers for the light spirits who don't mind and can work with dark spirits. But of course that depends on the conjurers too :)devil:
Hi thank you . I will do that just wanted to see if maybe others had white & dark spirits because some times its not always good to mix them up together ;)
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Akelta's Fan

velle wrote:
Darth Moronius wrote:Umm I think you can ask the conjurers for the light spirits who don't mind and can work with dark spirits. But of course that depends on the conjurers too :)devil:
Hi thank you . I will do that just wanted to see if maybe others had white & dark spirits because some times its not always good to mix them up together ;)
Yeps I started off with very light spirits....angels, djinns...

I donno if anyone is uncomfortable in front of each other...

I cannot feel either DA nor WA
user1876

Akelta's Fan wrote:
velle wrote:

Thanks Akelta's fan do you still have light and dark spirits because I did read some where that the darker spirits ' can some times turn on the lighter spirits this is what I really don't want to happen .. because I would be powerless to stop it
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

If I may jump in here for a minute.... This whole light/dark thing comes up from time to time. There's actually a lot written/discussed on it here in various places throughout the forum. Generally, you don't have to be worried about it. The spirit keeping definitions of "light" as opposed to "dark" is totally subjective and honestly bullshit. It's these very labels that the spirit keeping community places on these spirits and/or entities that give rise to most of these concerns.

We need to be honest, these titles are total bullshit. For example, angels get categorized as WAs, meaning incapable of doing any harm. I challenge you to pick up any religious text involving angels and then attempt to apply that definition. Angels have been ruthless and very destructive thoroughout our religious texts. By the same "WA" definition, if it actually applies, those spirits not only wouldn't help you if you needed them, they wouldn't be even able to help themselves. Seriously, who wants that? On the other end of the spectrum they apply this BA definition, meaning incapable of doing "good" (I quote "good" because good and evil are also subjective terms). Demons frequently are demonized and placed in that category. But, as anyone here can tell you, demons are just as capable of "good" as you or I. Are there things that are truly bent on nothing but destruction? Yeah, probably, but that true BA definition largely would only apply to non-intelligent beings that simply destroy without thought or emotion. In reality, 99.99% of the spirits/entities out there are capable of "good" or "evil" and can choose how to behave. They're not tied down to these definitions.

Also, it's not like they look at each other like the crips and the bloods based on their WA/DA labels. As in, there isn't a rivalry based on how the conjurer chooses to label them. It's not like all of your WA are going to gang up and go all west side story on the DA beings because that's how they were labeled. They're individuals and they understand their nature better than the conjurer, or you or I.

There may be some issues based on racial categorization. Some things naturally do or don't get along better than other things. That can be a concern. But, in most cases, it's more individual personality driven. After all, each spirit and entity is unique.

So, in conclusion, I would not worry about this a bit. They're smart. They're there because they chose to be. They'll probably get along. They're enlightened beings, not petty children. So, relax! :)
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Akelta's Fan wrote:
velle wrote:

A djinn... As a light spirit? Hmmmmmmmmmm.... That breaks away from most traditional definitions. As stated in my previous post, we need to be careful about labels. I like to use the terms "human friendly" and "non-human friendly"... True djinn are closer to non-human friendly, by and large. There are, like always, exceptions - after all, each one is its own entity. But, djinn are typically not considered to be overly friendly toward humans as a whole. Some will help you, sure. Some are friendlier than others, sure. I've also seen people with pet alligators. Doesn't mean I would hang out with all alligators. Just something to keep in mind.
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
user1876

Bathosias wrote:If I may jump in here for a minute.... This whole light/dark thing comes up from time to time. There's actually a lot written/discussed on it here in various places throughout the forum. Generally, you don't have to be worried about it. The spirit keeping definitions of "light" as opposed to "dark" is totally subjective and honestly bullshit. It's these very labels that the spirit keeping community places on these spirits and/or entities that give rise to most of these concerns.

We need to be honest, these titles are total bullshit. For example, angels get categorized as WAs, meaning incapable of doing any harm. I challenge you to pick up any religious text involving angels and then attempt to apply that definition. Angels have been ruthless and very destructive thoroughout our religious texts. By the same "WA" definition, if it actually applies, those spirits not only wouldn't help you if you needed them, they wouldn't be even able to help themselves. Seriously, who wants that? On the other end of the spectrum they apply this BA definition, meaning incapable of doing "good" (I quote "good" because good and evil are also subjective terms). Demons frequently are demonized and placed in that category. But, as anyone here can tell you, demons are just as capable of "good" as you or I. Are there things that are truly bent on nothing but destruction? Yeah, probably, but that true BA definition largely would only apply to non-intelligent beings that simply destroy without thought or emotion. In reality, 99.99% of the spirits/entities out there are capable of "good" or "evil" and can choose how to behave. They're not tied down to these definitions.

Also, it's not like they look at each other like the crips and the bloods based on their WA/DA labels. As in, there isn't a rivalry based on how the conjurer chooses to label them. It's not like all of your WA are going to gang up and go all west side story on the DA beings because that's how they were labeled. They're individuals and they understand their nature better than the conjurer, or you or I.

There may be some issues based on racial categorization. Some things naturally do or don't get along better than other things. That can be a concern. But, in most cases, it's more individual personality driven. After all, each spirit and entity is unique.

So, in conclusion, I would not worry about this a bit. They're smart. They're there because they chose to be. They'll probably get along. They're enlightened beings, not petty children. So, relax! :)
Thanks Bath I was some what concern . bringing in a light spirit around so many that are ' dark everything you pointed out about spirits you are right they are capable of doing good .. as well as evil it . all depends on the spirit how you treat them also .. plays apart in how they will act with you . And as for Angels I know they are Destructive yet you will find people that don't ' want see that side to angels they have no problem pointed out that about Demons and other dark Art spirits but cover their eyes about angels they maybe ... called angels but get on their bad size you will see how much of a angel they can be thanks bath :)
user1876

velle wrote:
Bathosias wrote:If I may jump in here for a minute.... This whole light/dark thing comes up from time to time. There's actually a lot written/discussed on it here in various places throughout the forum. Generally, you don't have to be worried about it. The spirit keeping definitions of "light" as opposed to "dark" is totally subjective and honestly bullshit. It's these very labels that the spirit keeping community places on these spirits and/or entities that give rise to most of these concerns.

Thanks Bath I was some what concern . bringing in a light spirit around so many that are ' dark everything you pointed out about spirits you are right they are capable of doing good .. as well as evil it . all depends on the spirit how you treat them also .. plays apart in how they will act with you . And as for Angels I know they are Destructive yet you will find people that don't ' want see that side to angels they have no problem pointed out that about Demons and other dark Art spirits but cover their eyes about angels they maybe ... called angels but get on their bad side you will see how much of a angel they can be thanks bath :)
4dropsofwater
Patron Deities: none
Your favourite Demon?: Samael, Lucifer,Asmodeus
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

My companions typically look at it in terms of what they are aligned with. Not necessarily something that defines their whole entire being. They also have different aspects that they can also fit into as well.

And then you have those who don't really care what you think of them XD
"The dance between darkness and light will always remain-- the stars and the moon will always need the darkness to be seen, the darkness will just not be worth having without the moon and the stars."

C. Joybell C.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”