Demonolatry Goetia by S. Connolly

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

The "Demonoloatry Goetia" by Stephanie Connolly is an excellent guide book into the adaptation of the goetia for the modern demonolator. The book is more like a booklet. It's short and easy to get through. Most will probably get through it in a matter of hours. But, it still is loaded with practical advice.

The book appears to have been an effort by three people to put together a comprehensive book discussing the different techniques of three demonolators and their views on the various demons of the goetia. However, due to time constraints, life, and competing interests, it appears that the effort resulted in two books - this one, and Ellen Pursewell's book discussing the same subject matter.

Connolly does a good job discussing the basic techniques that were originally contained in books such as the Ars Goetia, and how the demonolator will alter the approach and take a different path more focused on respect. Also, as the demonolator doesn't fear the entities that are being summoned, but respects them, the nature of the protections being employed through the working are different. Obviously, blasting rods are right out.

Following the discussion of the basic techniques one may employ when working with the goetics, Connolly goes on to provide a list of the various demon goetics, their alternate names, their associations, and the original discussion of the demon as well as some of her own personal experiences and interpretations of each demon - some easier to work with than others (obviously).

The resulting work is an easy to use guide and reference book for the demonolator that is interested in working with the goetia. It won't be an earth shattering philosophical or theological changing book for most practitioners... But it will be an easy/quick reference for anyone that is drawn to a particular goetic demon and in that capacity, it is a good addition to any demonolators library.

If this is your cup of tea, if your interested in working with goetic demons, I would definitely recommend the book. It can be purchased in the Amazon store in either paperback or kindle versions. Enjoy!!! :devilthumbs:
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

This will probably be the first book I get when i get some money. I have heard a bunch of folks mention it as a reference for the Goetic Entities. :)
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
User5191
Your favourite Demon?: DW and the DF
Number of Demon Familiars: 10

Satan's Hellcat wrote:This will probably be the first book I get when i get some money. I have heard a bunch of folks mention it as a reference for the Goetic Entities. :)
You won't go wrong with it. If for nothing else than it serves as a common repository of information on the goetics. Combining it with her "complete book of demonolatry" and you'll have the reference material you'd need to start working with most of the goetics, dark lords, and known demons. It's definitely a good foundational series of books for anyone who is starting out on the demonolator's path, or really anyone with an interest of working with demons.

As an aside, the book wasn't expensive either - at least the kindle version - I think I got it for less than $10 USD. So, you've got that going for you too.
"Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt gaze upon my field of fucks, and ye shall see that it is barren." -Bathosias

"Allow me to quote myself" -Bathosias
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Bathosias wrote:The "Demonoloatry Goetia" by Stephanie Connolly is an excellent guide book into the adaptation of the goetia for the modern demonolator. The book is more like a booklet. It's short and easy to get through. Most will probably get through it in a matter of hours. But, it still is loaded with practical advice.

The book appears to have been an effort by three people to put together a comprehensive book discussing the different techniques of three demonolators and their views on the various demons of the goetia. However, due to time constraints, life, and competing interests, it appears that the effort resulted in two books - this one, and Ellen Pursewell's book discussing the same subject matter.

Connolly does a good job discussing the basic techniques that were originally contained in books such as the Ars Goetia, and how the demonolator will alter the approach and take a different path more focused on respect. Also, as the demonolator doesn't fear the entities that are being summoned, but respects them, the nature of the protections being employed through the working are different. Obviously, blasting rods are right out.

Following the discussion of the basic techniques one may employ when working with the goetics, Connolly goes on to provide a list of the various demon goetics, their alternate names, their associations, and the original discussion of the demon as well as some of her own personal experiences and interpretations of each demon - some easier to work with than others (obviously).

The resulting work is an easy to use guide and reference book for the demonolator that is interested in working with the goetia. It won't be an earth shattering philosophical or theological changing book for most practitioners... But it will be an easy/quick reference for anyone that is drawn to a particular goetic demon and in that capacity, it is a good addition to any demonolators library.

If this is your cup of tea, if your interested in working with goetic demons, I would definitely recommend the book. It can be purchased in the Amazon store in either paperback or kindle versions. Enjoy!!! :devilthumbs:
I have five Books by S Connolly this one is of my favors by her . reading her books for what I can tell could help you with working with many other Demons / Dark lords who knows in a few months I could be ready to try working with other Dark lords her books are Great to start with because she teaching you not , just the basic but other things as well '' that can help you so I am enjoying reading her Books very much :)
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
badboychun
Patron Deities: Hecate

I LOVE her book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O lunae lumen
puer tuus fac me sicut renascentur
me duce tenebris sunt
i ita erit renatus
user1876
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon

[quote="Carvel"]I LOVE her book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote] '' Carvel I also love S Connolly books she isright to ' the point in all her books on about Daemonlatry her teachings are easy to understand now hard at all ' I have 7 of her books having them have been really helpful with me learning how to work with Demons ' in ' the right way but also in a way that's respectful to The Dark lords
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Seven books? Wow.
Is there a good order to read them in?
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
user1876

[quote="Lokakisa"]Seven books? Wow.
Is there a good order to read them in?[/quote] ' Lokakisa you can read them in any order you like I ordered them at different times so once my new book came' I would read that one after ' I was done with the first one it would depend how every on you as for what order ' you would like to read them in all of S Connolly's books are great , I love everyone that I have ordered never been unhappy with any of them she goes right in to ' the point about her teachings its not hard to understand it really easy for anybody looking for good information on Demons ' her books have them one of my reasons for reading her books was for learning how to work with demons in a respectful way that's not like ' the old ways of working with them so they have been great having for me
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

This is an old thread, but I have just come across it. I need to ask as I hear people mention Connolly's books a lot. Why do I keep reading on here that some people find the books and methods controversial?
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”