MASTERING THE MIND

Mind power and mental mastery, a place to develop and expand ones cognitive abilities.
GraveX

The first section is an excellent starting point for anyone getting into these practices...

I actually did something quite similar... Though, I went also subjected myself to some extreme degrees of duress to also work on this...

As for what I did starting, I used a candle... Staring at the flame for like 2-3 minutes... Then bringing my hands to cover my eyes, and still see the flame flickering in the darkness and focusing solely on that...

Afterwards, I moved onto images, sigils and words... Writing, drawing or printing them out and doing the same thing... Just branding the image into my mind and focusing upon it solely for several minutes... It did help immensely, starting with these exercises... My mind did wander every now and then, as it tends to do... I only started back from the beginning if I couldn't remember part of an image or my mind had begun thinking out entire sentences... Other than that, I just pulled my thoughts immediately back to what I was focusing upon...

All-in-all this is an excellent post, and if anyone manages to get to that hour mark... Well, way to go...

As for subjecting myself to an extreme... I find that submitting yourself to duress and being able to continually focus on a singular thought or object is more beneficial... Even keeping the subject of your focus present in your mind while other thoughts are swirling around it... It allows a lot of versatility... Not everything will be calm and relaxing. It's better to be prepared when a situation arises rather than trial-by-fire... More than likely, most will fail in that circumstance if caught off-guard...

My longest continuous bout of focus was when I had received the tattoo on the direct center of my chest.... For 5 hours, I kept focus on a single object in my mind while enduring that needle digging into my flesh... It was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced...

and I would definitely do it again... Though, to someone who does have a pain threshold like I, I still wouldn't recommend pushing yourself to that point...

-Xeritch-

Cake and Cadavers...
GraveX

Hehe... I enjoy pain...

Of course Cheshy, you or anyone who reads this thread is more than welcome to use the methods I did if it can aid them in their journey...

I would love to do some astral work lol... If only I could part myself from this damned body lol... It's still something I'm working on...

Best method I've learned is when I wander while dreaming... Which I'm also working on lucidity...
and successfully remembering my dreams as they become more intensely vivid...

-Xeritch-

Cake and Cadavers...
GraveX

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

CAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEEEE

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Cake and Cadavers...

Return to “Mind Power, Focusing and Mental Mastery”