It's a bit empty here

The place to post about ancient, lost, and forgotten cultures, archaeology and the old world.
NationsReborn

Hello everyone,
I saw this tab of "Ancient Cultures" and was quite disappointed to find it empty... After all, I believe that understanding the culture and its history would make us understand which entities they choose to follow, and why so.
As I'm quite fond of ancient cultures I would like to share from time to time (if anyone is interested) a bit about the ancestors of many cultures today.
If you're interested, I would appreciate if you would post a culture you would like to know more about :devilviolin:
until next time,
Nations
Upsidedown

Yes please! I love learning about ancient cultures, it's impossible to choose just one or two, anything will be of great interest to the extent it will be like a late birthday present. :devilgrin:
A for Adventure.
ChatHound
Patron Deities: Enki
Your favourite Demon?: Asmodeus

NationsReborn, I would LOVE to hear you understanding of the ancient Sumerian culture. My strongest devotion goes to Lord Enki. I find it interesting to see that he is equated with Satan and Lucifer of the spiritual realm, but in the argument for the ancient astronaut theory of our own origins, we are upgraded from more basic forms of hominids to the society-dwelling humans we are today and that he is very much a physical being. Perhaps he's both?

Asmodeus is an interesting character that is traced back to early Persian cultures, considered one of the evil beings in opposition against the "good" beings, according to Zoroastrianism--yet he's is considered a "good" guy according to the Hindu culture in being against the "bad" guys that are the very "good" ones of the Zoroastrians. Craziness. Got more meaty information to shed some light on Asmodeus/Aeshma and the cultures with which he was involved?
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Happy to join in on this discussion since the Sumerian Pantheon is my own, I work with Marduk, Nergal and Adar quite a bit. I have also devoted countless hours to researching the people involved in the culture and their many impacts on human evolution.
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

NationsReborn wrote:Hello everyone,
I saw this tab of "Ancient Cultures" and was quite disappointed to find it empty... After all, I believe that understanding the culture and its history would make us understand which entities they choose to follow, and why so.
As I'm quite fond of ancient cultures I would like to share from time to time (if anyone is interested) a bit about the ancestors of many cultures today.
If you're interested, I would appreciate if you would post a culture you would like to know more about :devilviolin:
until next time,
Nations

Yes please, Egyptians. Can you talk about Egyptians. That's my favorite ancient culture to learn about. I've been told by an entity that I was aN Egyptian in one of my previous lives. Which would explain my love for that culture. Please and thank you :devilwave:
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
NationsReborn

Thank you all for commenting, I'll release the first one as soon as I can, I hope you'll enjoy it :devilthumbs:
I will focus on their environment, their origin, how the daily life of your average person was and which gods they worshipped and why.
Of course, any additional topics will be added if my knowledge covers it and if you'll enjoy it :devilviolin:
Well, I'll get to work, the first one we'll be visiting are the people of Sumer.
Until next time,
Nations

Return to “Ancient Cultures, History, and the Evolution of Religion and Spirituality”