Louisiana: Marie Laveau's Tomb.

The place to post about unsolved world mysteries, and places that are haunted or have a history of strange events.
Catamite
Patron Deities: That’s a Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Dunno yet

Who is Marie Laveau? Well, some of you may have seen Velle's post but what about the media's view? Why not take a look at Bobby Bare's song inspired by tales of her...
"Down in Louisiana where the black trees grow, lives a voodoo lady named Marie Laveau, she got a black cat tooth and a mojo bong, and anyone who wouldn't leave her alone she'd go yeeeeeee-woo!. Another man done gone." Now obviously this is fictional but as you can see she was a very feared woman... A very powerful woman with darkness and mystery as her sphere of work. One of the most haunted places you could ever find in New Orleans would almost most certainly have to be, her tomb...

The Backstory.

Marie Laveau historically is a shadowy figure. Only folkore and history given by the people orally by the people being the thing to give us an eye into her life. She was thought to be the Voodoo queen of New Orleans, taught to her by Dr. John, a man thought to be the Voodoo King of New Orleans. So powerful was she that she was even enabled to perform her Vodooo ceremonies at the alter of the largest Catholic Church, the cathedral of the Louisiana purchase. The St. Louis cathedral is where she did her work. One major incident that convince all of Louisiana and New Orleans that she was the Voodoo Queen who was to own the streets of New Orlean was when a rich man came to her to ask for help, to use Voodoo to free his son from a trial for murder. In return he would give her a house on St. Ann street in New Orleans. In order to undergo this spell to free the man's son she would go for weeks day after day to the St. Louis church and did a form of self-torture for the man's cause. She sucked on 3 excruciatingly hot peppers and offered to the spirits that she would suffer on behalf of the rich man's son. The spirits heard her. And so he was set free for she had snuck into he court and placed her three peppers under the judge's chair. Upon death she was placed in a tomb in a white cemetery and since then the paranormal activity has began...

The Ghost.

Marie Laveau resides within her tomb and helps those who seek her. She can also be called upon to add practitioners with black magic as well as love spells. Most paranormal activity within or around her tomb involve her helping the living with their desires and troubles. They say you are to make your wish before her, write 3 x's upon her tomb then turn around three times. If your wish comes true return to her tomb and give it a kiss, maybe leave an offering as well. Someone who can probably give a lot of information on this powerful character in history would be Velle. Velle has worked with Marie Laveau for quite some time and has even made a post on her. Everyone in Louisiana knows her name, and if they don't, they should. She is a very unforgettable person so much so that her legend has lived on for two centuries.

Current Day.

Currently today Marie's tomb is within Saint Louis cemetery. They have 2 vaults, one is said to be fake. Though the wishing tomb is believed to be the real deal. Those who appear before her have said to feel her energies. Though she does not require offerings people being them to be polite. Showing gratitude to this dark mistress of Voodoo. Depending on what spells she has done for you will depend on something you may bring. Some people bring their birth control, some bring lipgloss. People offer flowers as well. Many things from cigars to Mardi Gras beads can be found before her grave. Maybe some day you can ask for a favor as well.

Marie Laveau's tomb a very spiritually powered place. Full of the energies of mystery and the enigmatic of life. Present yourself before her, ask for a favor, draw the triple x, spin. If your wish comes true, return with an offering and show gratitude with a kiss. <3
Fe Yo We. "Make Them See."
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Catamite wrote:Who is Marie Laveau? Well, some of you may have seen Velle's post but what about the media's view? Why not take a look at Bobby Bare's song inspired by tales of her...
"Down in Louisiana where the black trees grow, lives a voodoo lady named Marie Laveau, she got a black cat tooth and a mojo bong, and anyone who wouldn't leave her alone she'd go yeeeeeee-woo!. Another man done gone." Now obviously this is fictional but as you can see she was a very feared woman... A very powerful woman with darkness and mystery as her sphere of work. One of the most haunted places you could ever find in New Orleans would almost most certainly have to be, her tomb...

The Backstory.

Marie Laveau historically is a shadowy figure. Only folkore and history given by the people orally by the people being the thing to give us an eye into her life. She was thought to be the Voodoo queen of New Orleans, taught to her by Dr. John, a man thought to be the Voodoo King of New Orleans. So powerful was she that she was even enabled to perform her Vodooo ceremonies at the alter of the largest Catholic Church, the cathedral of the Louisiana purchase. The St. Louis cathedral is where she did her work. One major incident that convince all of Louisiana and New Orleans that she was the Voodoo Queen who was to own the streets of New Orlean was when a rich man came to her to ask for help, to use Voodoo to free his son from a trial for murder. In return he would give her a house on St. Ann street in New Orleans. In order to undergo this spell to free the man's son she would go for weeks day after day to the St. Louis church and did a form of self-torture for the man's cause. She sucked on 3 excruciatingly hot peppers and offered to the spirits that she would suffer on behalf of the rich man's son. The spirits heard her. And so he was set free for she had snuck into he court and placed her three peppers under the judge's chair. Upon death she was placed in a tomb in a white cemetery and since then the paranormal activity has began...

The Ghost.

Marie Laveau resides within her tomb and helps those who seek her. She can also be called upon to add practitioners with black magic as well as love spells. Most paranormal activity within or around her tomb involve her helping the living with their desires and troubles. They say you are to make your wish before her, write 3 x's upon her tomb then turn around three times. If your wish comes true return to her tomb and give it a kiss, maybe leave an offering as well. Someone who can probably give a lot of information on this powerful character in history would be Velle. Velle has worked with Marie Laveau for quite some time and has even made a post on her. Everyone in Louisiana knows her name, and if they don't, they should. She is a very unforgettable person so much so that her legend has lived on for two centuries.

Current Day.

Currently today Marie's tomb is within Saint Louis cemetery. They have 2 vaults, one is said to be fake. Though the wishing tomb is believed to be the real deal. Those who appear before her have said to feel her energies. Though she does not require offerings people being them to be polite. Showing gratitude to this dark mistress of Voodoo. Depending on what spells she has done for you will depend on something you may bring. Some people bring their birth control, some bring lipgloss. People offer flowers as well. Many things from cigars to Mardi Gras beads can be found before her grave. Maybe some day you can ask for a favor as well.

Marie Laveau's tomb a very spiritually powered place. Full of the energies of mystery and the enigmatic of life. Present yourself before her, ask for a favor, draw the triple x, spin. If your wish comes true, return with an offering and show gratitude with a kiss. <3
' Cat when your Ready you Will enjoy Working with ' The Voodoo Queen ' Working with her has been one of my Joys Now for Seven Years ' Marie Laveau has taught me More about Voodoo and Black Magic then any Other Spirit have that ' I've Worked with She is Very Powerful When Working with her ' She Will Respect you if you Give her the Same respect' She likes To get Right to, The point when it Comes down to Magic are anything She is Trying to Teaching you ' She's not Hard to please But.. She likes you to Honor Your Word to her if You Say that you Will '' Make an Offering for her help She Wants what Was Offered are Promised Once She Comes though for you ' Some of my best Connections with Marie Laveau has Happen at her Tomb '' I always enjoy Working with The Voodoo Queen Of New Orleans :cheekydevil:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Catamite

Oh Velle she sound lovely! (Sounds like an Aries woman to me) Marie has had many stories that surround her in which I've heard in my own childhood and she has always seem so powerful... she truly is a role model of mine and a woman who I've never met yet has already earned my respect. I hear she was a very beautiful woman and would love to meet her some time when I'm ready to get back into the study of the black arts. I feel as though she'd be the perfect teacher of such a mysterious subject. I can tell you enjoy your work and your working with her so I aspire to feel as you do while working with her and what she'd be willing to teach. :grindevil:
user1876
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon

Catamite wrote:Oh Velle she sound lovely! (Sounds like an Aries woman to me) Marie has had many stories that surround her in which I've heard in my own childhood and she has always seem so powerful... she truly is a role model of mine and a woman who I've never met yet has already earned my respect. I hear she was a very beautiful woman and would love to meet her some time when I'm ready to get back into the study of the black arts. I feel as though she'd be the perfect teacher of such a mysterious subject. I can tell you enjoy your work and your working with her so I aspire to feel as you do while working with her and what she'd be willing to teach. :grindevil:
' Cat Yes Marie Laveau is a very Loving kind Spirit when. She wants when wants to Be When ' I See Marie Laveau her Hair Was Black She was wearing a Dark long Dress ' Her Eyes are Dark brown Her Skin looks Tan To me She's Very Beautiful , She Would be happy To Teach you Black Magic Voodoo are black Arts Spells ' You will have to Study reading Books it took me almost three years to Reading some of ' The Books The Voodoo Queen Wanted me to Ready. She's a Great Teacher you Will like Work with her Once you get used to Doing things Her Way ' She Can be Very Outspoken and Will tell you from Day One of Working with her ' She is The One who Calls The Shots You Run Nothing with her If You Want to Work with her '' You Will do what She Ask of you Not the Other way around '' I love her :D
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Catamite

velle wrote:
Catamite wrote:Oh Velle she sound lovely! (Sounds like an Aries woman to me) Marie has had many stories that surround her in which I've heard in my own childhood and she has always seem so powerful... she truly is a role model of mine and a woman who I've never met yet has already earned my respect. I hear she was a very beautiful woman and would love to meet her some time when I'm ready to get back into the study of the black arts. I feel as though she'd be the perfect teacher of such a mysterious subject. I can tell you enjoy your work and your working with her so I aspire to feel as you do while working with her and what she'd be willing to teach. :grindevil:
' Cat Yes Marie Laveau is a very Loving kind Spirit when. She wants when wants to Be When ' I See Marie Laveau her Hair Was Black She was wearing a Dark long Dress ' Her Eyes are Dark brown Her Skin looks Tan To me She's Very Beautiful , She Would be happy To Teach you Black Magic Voodoo are black Arts Spells ' You will have to Study reading Books it took me almost three years to Reading some of ' The Books The Voodoo Queen Wanted me to Ready. She's a Great Teacher you Will like Work with her Once you get used to Doing things Her Way ' She Can be Very Outspoken and Will tell you from Day One of Working with her ' She is The One who Calls The Shots You Run Nothing with her If You Want to Work with her '' You Will do what She Ask of you Not the Other way around '' I love her :D
Girl she sounds like me :lol: maybe when we meet up you can teach me more about her and even how to contact her. You yourself seem like an interesting person to meet and get to know. I'm a fast reader so all the books she sends me I can probably be able to finish in about 3 days if I have a lot of free time. Maybe some time in April we will be able to get to gether and discuss more on the matter. Only if you're okay with it? I'd really hate to make you feel as though you were obligated to meet up ^^ I'd love to get to know more about this mistress of ours ^u^
user1876

Catamite wrote:
velle wrote:
Girl she sounds like me :lol: maybe when we meet up you can teach me more about her and even how to contact her. You yourself seem like an interesting person to meet and get to know. I'm a fast reader so all the books she sends me I can probably be able to finish in about 3 days if I have a lot of free time. Maybe some time in April we will be able to get to gether and discuss more on the matter. Only if you're okay with it? I'd really hate to make you feel as though you were obligated to meet up ^^ I'd love to get to know more about this mistress of ours ^u^
' Hey Cat its No problem at all when your Ready its Good with Me ' You Will have to Ready books any time You are Dealing with Black Magic Dark Arts Spells ' Reading so you know what your Doing is a must it has to be Done before Working with, The Voodoo Queen Black Magic blew up in My Face more then a Few times its Not Fun Now after Years of Working under Her '' I Can Cast a black Magic Spell with my eyes closed but it took me Years of Reading Studying Magic to get where . I am at Now Black Arts spells are another One of My favorite Spells to do ' I have To black Arts Spell jars that ' I 've been Working with for almost a Year now '' because these Jars Was Something that Needed to be Done at that Time' most People not all of them but most if You let them walk all Over you they will So Some times '' They have to learn there is a Price You will Pay if You Cross Me , its not all Fun and Games and Something's it Works out Some don't its up to you '' I know you know all this just Wanted to point out something's to you when Working with Marie Laveau :whip:
Catamite

velle wrote:
Catamite wrote:
velle wrote:
' Hey Cat its No problem at all when your Ready its Good with Me ' You Will have to Ready books any time You are Dealing with Black Magic Dark Arts Spells ' Reading so you know what your Doing is a must it has to be Done before Working with, The Voodoo Queen Black Magic blew up in My Face more then a Few times its Not Fun Now after Years of Working under Her '' I Can Cast a black Magic Spell with my eyes closed but it took me Years of Reading Studying Magic to get where . I am at Now Black Arts spells are another One of My favorite Spells to do ' I have To black Arts Spell jars that ' I 've been Working with for almost a Year now '' because these Jars Was Something that Needed to be Done at that Time' most People not all of them but most if You let them walk all Over you they will So Some times '' They have to learn there is a Price You will Pay if You Cross Me , its not all Fun and Games and Something's it Works out Some don't its up to you '' I know you know all this just Wanted to point out something's to you when Working with Marie Laveau :whip:

I can tell me and you will be getting along swimmingly :devilgrin: :witch2:
user1876

Catamite wrote:
velle wrote:
Catamite wrote:
velle wrote:

I can tell me and you will be getting along swimmingly :devilgrin: :witch2:
' Hey Cat this a Picture of her Tomb at Night they are Doing some Work on it The Tomb it should look Very Nice when their done Doing Working on it >:)
Attachments
marie Laveau.jpg
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

is that picture taken with an IR or Full Spectrum camera?
user1876

DoubleD wrote:is that picture taken with an IR or Full Spectrum camera?
'' DD I really don't know what kind of Camera this Was. The picture Was taking Last Year that Friday before Halloween My friend Took The Pictures Now , I Can ask him He has a Really Nice Camera >:)

Return to “Haunted Objects, Places, and Unsolved Mysteries”