trickster magick

Pagan, Druid and Ancient Witchcraft spells and workings can be discussed and posted here.
Heidi

The book sounds interesting. Let us know how you like it when you read it.
I forgot to include above this article (which I've probably shared way too many times lately!) that you may find interesting:

https://runesoup.com/2016/10/black-pear ... k-sparrow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Heidi wrote:The book sounds interesting. Let us know how you like it when you read it.
I forgot to include above this article (which I've probably shared way too many times lately!) that you may find interesting:

https://runesoup.com/2016/10/black-pear ... k-sparrow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you! I actually haven't seen it posted before, since I'm newer to the forum. I loved these movies, though I didn't always "get it" lol. Sometimes the accents or fast-talking or overly-loud background music ruined the dialog. And here another sequel is coming! Funny too, the book I'm getting is going to mention Jack Sparrow as well ...
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Okay, I have the book. Even without finishing it I can give you an overview.
It's very cute, with whimsical illustrations.
Basically the chapters are broken down by animal, human, deity, traditional, and modern tricksters. There's a summary of each one from mythology/folklore (or modern storytelling), then there are associations, what you can learn from them, ritual ideas, and how to incorporate them in your magick.
I still think Q should've been included, but that's the Trekkie in me, lol
So it's an interesting take on trickster tales around the world, from the storytelling perspective, and how to tap into their magick, even if they are not spirits or deities per se, like Robin Hood or Brer Rabbit.
Pretty much I think you guys got it already, and the book just helps explain how each culture saw this chaotic element of life, nature and people, and sought to learn from it, embrace it and use it. Oh and how it is a part of us and our stories even now, continuing into modern fiction; we always need that type of character.
You could choose to use all the ideas or go straight to the ones that interest you the most. There is even a quiz in the beginning to see which type of trickster you are most like.

I have to say though, the blurbs are kinda short, and I think the Loki section could have been better. And I have no idea how they came up with the idea that his element is water, however what his element actually IS is hotly debated anyway lol. Actually a lot of stuff about Loki is hotly debated ... Anywho ...

Still if you like tricksters in general I recommend the book.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Melektaus

Storm of the Century movie by Stephen King has some good illusion magic,, as well as real stuff. The character Andre Linoge was a good trickster, on the Very Dark Side.

Return to “Natural/Neutral Magick”