Mark Allan Smith

Have a book that you love, give it a review here and recommend it to others. Knowledge is power and when we share, we all win.
Pwnie

So............just got done reading the trilogy of his Hecate books and I have to say..................I will be doing the pathworking in the future.
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

I have the Trident of the witchcraft series and the new Ars Diable. I have been working Mark's system for the last few months, it's awesome. He is a great writer, solid man and full of knowledge. In fact I was just scanning the interwebs for some inspiration on making a cloth ritual circle.
Pwnie

DoubleD wrote:I have the Trident of the witchcraft series and the new Ars Diable. I have been working Mark's system for the last few months, it's awesome. He is a great writer, solid man and full of knowledge. In fact I was just scanning the interwebs for some inspiration on making a cloth ritual circle.
found the PDFs admittedly but will be buying the other set in the future. Even after reading the process of it all, I still want it. How has it been for you? What's the working like?
DoubleD

All you need to do is buy one of this books and he will send you the entire set, as you need them to complete everything.

so I am a Necro Priest (I don't like Priestess for me, no clue why) and have been embedded in that system for a few years now and love it. When I found Mark I was apprehensive given my loyalty to my system and the importance of loyalty within his. He and I talked quite a bit about it and he was very very helpful. He had mentioned that if I could follow the Necro and do what I had with that I would have no issue with his system.

He was totally right, they have a lot of similarities to the process. His system is one of the best I have experienced, outside of the Necro. It's complete, it's a step process and it is ambiguous enough that it requires really reading the tomes and deciphering what is meant. Everything that he describes has happened with me.

I have also talked with him at great length about the "rite of the toad", which i will not be performing or the way of sacrifice. He is such a wonderful man and didnt' make me feel week or stupid, he was totally understanding and he is very similar in his feelings about this. My lack of desire to do this does not preclude me from the system, it just means my path may be different because of it, but it won't fail. If that makes sense.

I have three of his gateway pictures in my house, two Belial and one Lucifer, had them custom framed and mounted in the living room. I think it's safe to say I am pretty addicted to his stuff.

It doesn't hurt that he and I have become friends as well. Sometimes I just listen to him while I am at work, I love hearing him.
Riael
Patron Deities: None at this time.
Your favourite Demon?: Marbas

DoubleD wrote:I have the Trident of the witchcraft series and the new Ars Diable. I have been working Mark's system for the last few months, it's awesome. He is a great writer, solid man and full of knowledge. In fact I was just scanning the interwebs for some inspiration on making a cloth ritual circle.

What book would you start with?
DoubleD

I bought the scorpion god which is book three so he sent me the first two pdfs to start. He has a few different series I just happen to get in on the scorpion god before they sold out.
Calin

He is taking orders for Queen of Hell (Hecate) and the Red King (Lucifer) at the moment. Not cheap but sooo tempting

http://www.primalcraft.com/index.php?p= ... l-Grimoire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Calin

Ahhh bit the bullet and bought them both...
darkstarfyre

Me too. I collect his books. Not the gateway pictures though they are awesome. The gateway pictures are expensive. Also my house no place to put them.
Calin

They are a beautifully presented personal gnosis at the end of the day, but I am always interested in individuals journeys and experiences with spirits. I have read that he places Hecate over Lilith, and swaps out Samael with Belial, which goes against a number of demonolatry references, so grains of salt are required, but from the pdfs I acquired after ordering ( I try hard these days to buy books rather than source them free from living authors who are trying to make a living from their work), there is some great material in these and there are some reviews pointing to transformational results from those who work it. Ultimately my path has to be forged through my own direct contact.

That said, his sacrifice series looks to go well beyond my interests, and as Akelta said in another thread on the books if Lord Satan doesn't require animal sacrifice than that is more than good enough for me (too much of an animal lover here: dogs, fish, birds, the sweet little lizard in my watering system box keeping on top of the spiders :)devil:)

Return to “Book Reviews and Recommendations”