People of today versus ancient times

The place to post about ancient, lost, and forgotten cultures, archaeology and the old world.
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Coffee Queen wrote:Loka, FYI binaural beats are not a substitute for entheogens. You could try smoking psychedelic plants, I read that they don't come with side effects like the seeds I tried. But since I found the smoke irritating for my throat, personally I won't be doing much work with it.
I gotcha. I didn't mean to imply it would be a great match, I just happen to have the app, and the Divinorum and Tantra tracks are interesting to listen to at least.
I don't think I would enjoy smoking myself either.

I forgot to say that I've tried so-called "flying ointments" with no success.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

I have tried mandrake ointment and felt nothing, but then someone told me later that I should apply it after a hot bath when all my pores are open. I just ordered a more powerful flying ointment made of 4 plants: mandrake, belladonna, datura and henbane. Hopefully it will work.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
Shifa

Coffee Queen wrote:I have tried mandrake ointment and felt nothing, but then someone told me later that I should apply it after a hot bath when all my pores are open. I just ordered a more powerful flying ointment made of 4 plants: mandrake, belladonna, datura and henbane. Hopefully it will work.
Wow if that isn't a potent blend then I don't know what is.
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Shrooms are fun. But you might use a trip sitter or make sure you do it when you're in a really really good mood.
Otherwise the trip might turn into a horror trip.
I've only tried them once in a high enough dosage and that was at a time with a great mood where I just knew it would work out.
It's an interesting experience. Probably didn't do shit, since I'm already crazy, so not much to open myself to, but it was worth it anyway to see just how much impact those chemicals have on the brain.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Lokakisa wrote:
Coffee Queen wrote:I have tried mandrake ointment and felt nothing, but then someone told me later that I should apply it after a hot bath when all my pores are open. I just ordered a more powerful flying ointment made of 4 plants: mandrake, belladonna, datura and henbane. Hopefully it will work.
Wow if that isn't a potent blend then I don't know what is.

no doubt, where did you order this? I have personally never taken anything before any sort of ritual as I prefer to be 100% in my right brain. But that is just me, interested to hear how this works for you CQ and to learn more about it.. Certainly not opposed just haven't done it.
Shifa

Connolly has a recipe in her "Drawing Down Belial" book but she says to be careful with it.

I take meds and I already have health problems so I really don't want to take any chances. The thought that I'd have to go to that extreme pisses me off anyhow.

But she does make the simple suggestion to try Tiger Balm on your third eye, because the camphor in it helps with your awareness or something.
DoubleD

Lokakisa wrote:Connolly has a recipe in her "Drawing Down Belial" book but she says to be careful with it.

I take meds and I already have health problems so I really don't want to take any chances. The thought that I'd have to go to that extreme pisses me off anyhow.

But she does make the simple suggestion to try Tiger Balm on your third eye, because the camphor in it helps with your awareness or something.

you are right, I remember her recipe for that. I haven't needed tiger balm in a long time but I can attest that it does indeed work by drawing attention to that spot so you focus on it. Highly recommend for those that are stuck with third eye stuff.
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

DoubleD wrote: no doubt, where did you order this? I have personally never taken anything before any sort of ritual as I prefer to be 100% in my right brain. But that is just me, interested to hear how this works for you CQ and to learn more about it.. Certainly not opposed just haven't done it.

I ordered from Sarah Anne Lawless!
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
DoubleD

looking her up now, speaking of Lawless, anyone seen that movie? I love that movie...
DoubleD

which blend did you get?

Return to “Ancient Cultures, History, and the Evolution of Religion and Spirituality”