What is a god?

Discussions and Posts on the Gods and Goddess's that are not demons or Dark Lords but yet bless our lives.
User34243

What is a god? Most gods are gods OF this or that. One god might be the god of fire or of craftsmen or of a place. But what makes them a god?..

I personally have four primary qualifications to be recognized as a god:

To be the First.
To have Founded.
To be Utmost.
To be the Last.

So the first sun born in the cosmos personafies into a god. The brightest sun whos light is uttmost over any other personafies into a god. The sun who's gravitational field first bound the light of other suns together founding a grand celestial continuum would personafi into a god. Lastly, the last sun to ever shine would personafi into a god.

Of course there are "gods" recognized who are but who are not merely personafications as most are. Most gods are cosmic law and heavenly bodies personafied into a personal form. Our consciousness is personal yet immaterial correspondent through a wholer apparatus which encounters a material impersonal world. So we bring the cosmos to life, creating gods in a visions of distant and conceptual cosmos. And these cosmic deities of heavenly bodies and even life and death itself were the first gods born in the imaginations of humans. Then of course later versions of gods sprouted up after morality became something Universally assumed we all have. Next of course the counter culturalists then took and made polarized versions of the personafied morals.

So over time, gods and godism broke away from attempting to qualify a vast cosmos and began to be bent into figures which watch over, reward, and punish the living. Sadly, humans have forgotten their ability to explore the distant and conceptual cosmos, having become more intetested in the pursuit of self or the downfall of another. So instead of gods of spacial laws granting hidden mysteries to the knowledge and understanding of the true and devout, now folks tinker and rearrange worn out variables attempting to recast a used term into some thing we aught to revere for some reason. So these days the gods don't mean anything. This, not even going into details about how the self-centric social elites took the titles and names of the gods upon themselves.

So over time the gods, instead of being revered as keepers of grand celestial knowledges, are but the agents of punishment and mundane things like material wealth and pleasure. Thus, it's so common for people to refer to their self as a god but if you are that type who considers themself a god leme ask you.. What are you the first of? What are you uttmost over all others partaining to? What are you the founder of? Are you the last of anything? Seems to me it's pretty cheap to become a god these days. All a modern pop cultist has to do these days to become a god is have a nice instagram, get laid everyday, lay your bills, and your mememagick works in facebook groups. But I miss the old gods.

I'm actually a big fan of several gods but recognizing them as a god is sorta silly to me. Such contenders who mean to prove themself god of a thing are social types. I prefer the solitary gods. They generally don't have universal names everyone recognizes. Ever heard of Hing Ying King, the first heat of the cosmos?.. xD didn't think so. Hing Ying King is the origin of the Double Paw which I imagine a couple folks might be familiar with. That's a warriors tec to call forth the mind of violence. Hing Ying King was a warrior before there were wars and I know a lore which says he actually created the warrior flames(archangels) who split from him mind when he summoned the epitopal power. Hing Ying King is part of an older cosmos. Our cosmos has changed a very great deal over the eons. Perhaps you have had a celestial vision and met one of the old gods? Personally I don't know many gods by their pop name. I'm familiar with names like En, Ah, Eh, The Eru, or Shiyao which are all from different pantheons. I prefer the celestial pantheons. I'm less into moral figures and pantheons based on human aspects. I actually have my own creation stories and plan on sharing some of them here.
Angelus_David

Sabot wrote:What is a god? Most gods are gods OF this or that. One god might be the god of fire or of craftsmen or of a place. But what makes them a god?..

I personally have four primary qualifications to be recognized as a god:

To be the First.
To have Founded.
To be Utmost.
To be the Last.
This poses some interesting questions in my head. Like for example you love reading about and researching Time travel. Then you stumble upon how to achieve it, making you the first to do so. Does that make you a god of time? Or lets say a God or goddess helps you figure it out and you achieve it, but you're the last person to do so does that make you a god?

idk just somethings that popped into my head while reading this xD
Everybody gets high, everybody gets low
Life can be such overdose
Up on the mountain I see down below
It's easy to lose yourself I know in the in between
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

This is an interesting topic too! I have a few thoughts on this subject, and it's funny because I originally came up with them to explain gods in RPG games, but it works outside of that paradigm too.

To me, a god is a god because:

1. They embody some concept(s) and/or ideal(s)
2. They have power over a certain realm, be that a literal realm or more of a conceptual one--like "love."
3. They have a body of worshipful followers who associate them with the concept(s) they embody.

I don't think a god necessarily has to be immortal or exist from the beginning of time or until the end of time. It is my understanding that godhood doesn't preclude someone from being destroyed, and that it is possible for a being that isn't a god to become one.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Darth Moronius

Chrysopaelian wrote: 1. They embody some concept(s) and/or ideal(s)
2. They have power over a certain realm, be that a literal realm or more of a conceptual one--like "love."
yes, archtype :devilgrin:
Chrysopaelian wrote:3. They have a body of worshipful followers who associate them with the concept(s) they embody.
yes, people worshiped can be god too, like in asian culture like guan gong :crazy:

Return to “Gods and Goddesses”