Race/Ethnicity/Culture

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

For a long time I thought I was half-Irish (down both sides) with a little bit of Cherokee (also down both sides), French (my great-grandma came from Paris), and Scottish mixed in....

Then, one day, I was reading a thread on the SCA Brewing forums about how cherries don't grow in Ireland, they grow in France.
Since my grandpa's name was Cherry (cousins to the family that owned Cherry's Ale in Waterford), that got me to thinking.... Did a little research, and sure enough, it's a Norman name.

Digging a little deeper, I found that my paternal grandma was from Ireland, but Lucas is a sept of the Lamont Clan, which was founded in the 9th-Century when the son of the King of Ulster married the daughter of the King of Alba and founded a new kingdom in Argyle, so she probably had some Scottish and/or Pict roots as well.

I have great-great-grandpas on both sides of the Civil War (one was US 45th Ohio Infantry, and the other was CS 7th Tennessee Cavalry) and possibly a third, but I don't have enough information to know whether the Lt. Cherry who fought the Ute at the Battle of Cherry Creek was an ancestor or not
After the war, both families moved to Oklahoma, where they inter-married with the Cherokee; and later moved to California
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Vackra
Patron Deities: Skaði, Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral; Void; Infernal

This was such an interesting topic to read through, I am very glad it was brought back!! I’ve always thought it was quite fascinating to learn about other cultures, especially when they can be so very different from your own!

As for my personal race/ethnicity, I am simply Swedish! Supposedly my great great grandfather was German, but I was unable to meet him and it’s so far back that Ive never heard of anyone saying we have any part of German culture. Certainly not by the time his blood has reached me! I love hearing about everyone else’s backgrounds, I think it must be so much fun to be apart of so many cultures!!
And I could swear, that the ocean sings, and the mountains talk to me
GeorgeWax
Patron Deities: Loki
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

How can one safely and ethically explore the realms of demons, while maintaining spiritual balance and protection? Are there specific rituals, practices, or precautions that should be followed to ensure a positive and enlightening experience?
ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

GeorgeWax wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:08 pm
How can one safely and ethically explore the realms of demons, while maintaining spiritual balance and protection? Are there specific rituals, practices, or precautions that should be followed to ensure a positive and enlightening experience?
This may be better asked in FAQ or the LHP board. This is the Art topic. I'd even say to check out the Demons section.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”