Practicing shielding with A

This is the the place to talk about your shielding practises and ask for feedback.
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

WPGuardian wrote:kitsune your spot on but with shielding there are main two factors that determine who can and cannot be repelled, first off is knowing your energy types, some energies work better with some and repel others so basically knowing more in energy mechanics determines a lot, second is the shape and form you give your shield for example i use two shields and the armour of my higher self but we will disregard the latter for now.

my outer shield i make into a golden flame aura, fire is an element hard to use as it have its own 'life/will' so i wouldnt start with that, golden energy repels really well but has flaws but i aint sharing those haha =P . the inner shield is a sphere of water that i make rotate so if you strike at my chest and then again at the chest the shield will have moved meaning you cant strike a spot over and over again to weaken it

however the biggest issue i see for you is your summoning your shield and using it hahah, the worst way to shield really in terms of mental fatigue and the time you can sustain it. its best to say use alot of energy before sleeping or showering and ahving that energy act like a battery feeding your shield . when you see it trigger than you can add more energy consciously and a shield all over is another mistake many make ahaha why shield your entire body if i am hitting your head? but thats more advanced stuff and i will leave you with a fun fact humans have a bad habit of not shielding under their feet ahaha i suppouse they think the 'ground' is a barrier.

over time sheilding should be second nature and 'run in the background' if you will
also sheilds can have weak spots if your clever you can find them, like using a small amount of energy embraced with electrical energy will show you the 'path of least resistance' not bad spending a bread crumb of energy to see a weak spot.
I would really like for you to elaborate on the weaknesses of a gold shield. Because I use a gold shield as my second layer of shielding. Though it has not failed me as of yet, I do know there is always room for improvement.

Why on earth would someone not shield their feet as well?
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Nefer wrote:
WPGuardian wrote:kitsune your spot on but with shielding there are main two factors that determine who can and cannot be repelled, first off is knowing your energy types, some energies work better with some and repel others so basically knowing more in energy mechanics determines a lot, second is the shape and form you give your shield for example i use two shields and the armour of my higher self but we will disregard the latter for now.

my outer shield i make into a golden flame aura, fire is an element hard to use as it have its own 'life/will' so i wouldnt start with that, golden energy repels really well but has flaws but i aint sharing those haha =P . the inner shield is a sphere of water that i make rotate so if you strike at my chest and then again at the chest the shield will have moved meaning you cant strike a spot over and over again to weaken it

however the biggest issue i see for you is your summoning your shield and using it hahah, the worst way to shield really in terms of mental fatigue and the time you can sustain it. its best to say use alot of energy before sleeping or showering and ahving that energy act like a battery feeding your shield . when you see it trigger than you can add more energy consciously and a shield all over is another mistake many make ahaha why shield your entire body if i am hitting your head? but thats more advanced stuff and i will leave you with a fun fact humans have a bad habit of not shielding under their feet ahaha i suppouse they think the 'ground' is a barrier.

over time sheilding should be second nature and 'run in the background' if you will
also sheilds can have weak spots if your clever you can find them, like using a small amount of energy embraced with electrical energy will show you the 'path of least resistance' not bad spending a bread crumb of energy to see a weak spot.
I would really like for you to elaborate on the weaknesses of a gold shield. Because I use a gold shield as my second layer of shielding. Though it has not failed me as of yet, I do know there is always room for improvement.

Why on earth would someone not shield their feet as well?
Pssst... Nefer, this member got banned.... :lol:
I agree, not shielding the feet leaves an opening for stuff to get in. Reminds me of the Achilles heel story and how he was taken down in the exact spot that was unprotected lol.
I've never worked with gold but I want to after reading others' experiences~
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Nefer wrote:I checked with my mentor and asked him if he thought this was a stupid idea. He told me no but warned me not to over do it. I trust that A wont hurt, hurt me. ( just a little pain ) I wonder what it will feel like ... I am starting to think this is one of those "be careful what you ask for" type of things.
In working with a mentor, did you approach her, or did she approach you? Or was more like you both decided on it after getting to know one another?
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Hound
Patron Deities: Hermes, Anpu

There's some good information in this thread. Hopefully I can add something useful, as well.
Nefer wrote:When all of a sudden she starts laughing and informs me I can not hurt her. LMAO!! Well I laughed too and regained my focus. She just walzted on through my, what I thought was a strong shield.
I suspect this happened due to the shield not being properly 'programmed'. In terms of defensive magic, and speaking solely regarding wards/shielding, there's many facets to this type of practice. Putting up a wall/block/or shield is only half the battle, per say. You must also give it proper programming, or lay down a set of laws that this energy will abide by. As most anyone who works with energy knows, energy is moved and molded by our intent. Our will. If we erect an object, but give it no further purpose, it will exist as a sort of husk with lost potential. So the next time you make a ward, you need to add the last and final step. Laying down the aforementioned law. It can be worded any way that you wish. Most people have individual mantras they use for this process. But it can be along the lines of, "No energy may penetrate this shield that intends to harm me. No 'x' entity or 'x' energy type that I do not willfully approve may enter this space". Now, this obviously won't make you invincible or anything. Warding is yet another skill that must be practiced and mastered before one can stand up to some of the stronger forces out there. But this will help in setting boundaries for your wards, and that thought thread regarding permissions and it's programming can be changed in any manner you wish, to fulfill any purpose. As long as you focus your will on setting that programming, and embedding it in the ward.

All shields need a form of maintenance, regardless of where they're located, as one member mentioned prior. Though I believe they were banned? Think of it as ware and tear. If something gets used a lot, or is bombarded regularly, it'll wear out. You don't have to erect a new shield every time the current one gets worn down, you can simply add more energy to it and repair the holes, so to speak.

What they mentioned about countering energy types was useful, too. But if you become proficient enough in a particular energy type this inherently won't matter that often past a certain point. It is good to keep note of counters if you come across a being of similar skill level, so that you have an edge. I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but you can also mix and match energy types for wards (and other things) for interesting effects and new properties :). An acquaintance of mine is very fond of mixing lunar energy with any number of primal earthly energies for some flexibility in the shield.

You can also plant a shield on an object that you wear daily as an easier way to have an active ward around you without having to waste so much energy on maintaining your current one. While you are still learning, of course. It can be anything from a ring, a necklace, to an object like a bag or even a coat. As long as you know how to impart energy (and for it to retain it's shape and purpose once imparted) you can put a ward on it. This is how people tend to protect items of extreme value from outside influence and attack.

On a final note, the programming of a ward doesn't stop at simply allowing things in or keeping them out. Wards are an extremely versatile practice and they can be crafted to do any number of things. So practice, have fun, and stay safe!

Return to “Protection, Shielding, Warding and Psychic Defence”