Setting Up Altars/ Alternatives For Altars

The answers to the questions our Coven has been asked. Don't see your question? Feel free to ask! :)

Moderator: Akelta

Pwnie

Hello everyone I'm still alive!

Anywho i was listening to the video about Akelta and Eilana's experience with Mammon and them setting up and altar.

What I would like to know is how to set up an altar thoughout the day and it can be taken down respectfully due to lack of privacy or whatever.

Also are their any alternatives to an altar due to lack of privacy?

I know Mephistopheles wants to make an altar if I wanna work with him.
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

A small/portable altar will probably be best for your situation.
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

Origami?
I don't need to hide my altars so can't speak from experience, but maybe such idea could have some credibility in some way. Or astral altar? I think still need to light up a candle with some discreet way. Or mini altar disguised as a book?
Darth Moronius

yeh https://www.thoughtco.com/create-a-port ... it-2562741" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:crazy:
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Butsodan. Tiny shrine! This first one can fit on a book shelf, or in the trunk of your car. Draw a sigil and place in the frame, and it is big enough to keep a candle, some incense, and a crystal in. That's all you need! Both available on Etsy. It would be easy to make a tiny altar to put the crystal on, too. Tiny bowls could be used for cookie or fruit offerings. A doll table would make a great altar. Your own Satanic doll house!
butsodan.jpg
butsodan.jpg (43.17 KiB) Viewed 5280 times
butsodan2.jpg
butsodan2.jpg (40.2 KiB) Viewed 5280 times
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Portable altars are the way to go. You can paint the inside, glue devotional pictures, and close it up to store prayer beads, tarot cards, incense, candles, herbs, whatever is suited to your practice. Also relatively private is building shrines inside of things like medicine cabinets, dresser drawers and the like. It is also completely possible to use a dresser top for a working altar and simply put your supplies away when you finish a ritual, or disguise an altar as a shelf or window sill or appliance top filled with knickknacks.... it will all depend on what you have available and what you're ultimately hoping to do.
Preston
Patron Deities: Pazuzu
Your favourite Demon?: Pazuzu
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

This post is incredible, I was looking for this a few months ago and here I have the answer, I will also make use of this Portable Altar and later I wish to build a large physical altar as a room or larger, thank you.
"Beware of getting rid of your demons, you may be getting rid of your best part"
"Be obedient to the spirits, that they will be obedient to you"
Oceanos
Patron Deities: Tiamat, Lucifer, Danu
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Yeah. I have all my alter things put in a carriable safe box, id have to set things up when in use, but at least i can safely store it right after with this setup, the locks also keep the prying eyes of my family members/niece out of it as well. So it has become the best purchase ive made recently. Consider doing the same if you can get a completely portable setup going for yourself.
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Satan's Hellcat wrote:Butsodan. Tiny shrine! This first one can fit on a book shelf, or in the trunk of your car. Draw a sigil and place in the frame, and it is big enough to keep a candle, some incense, and a crystal in. That's all you need! Both available on Etsy. It would be easy to make a tiny altar to put the crystal on, too. Tiny bowls could be used for cookie or fruit offerings. A doll table would make a great altar. Your own Satanic doll house!
butsodan.jpg
butsodan2.jpg

This reminded me of a wooden book box thing I have in my house. It would make a great platform for a temporary altar space.

An example of one here:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also own several jewellery boxes that may be used for that purpose too.

I like the satanic doll house idea, lol !

:possessed:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Oceanos wrote:Yeah. I have all my alter things put in a carriable safe box, id have to set things up when in use, but at least i can safely store it right after with this setup, the locks also keep the prying eyes of my family members/niece out of it as well. So it has become the best purchase ive made recently. Consider doing the same if you can get a completely portable setup going for yourself.

My thoughts exactly. I luckily own several treasure chest boxes with locks and keys for each. I will be also putting away sigils there for safe keeping. :ninja:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”