Finding pearls of wisdom in an unlikely place.

Mind power and mental mastery, a place to develop and expand ones cognitive abilities.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I was reading a book on magickal attack. The book is getting a 0/5 star rating, for the simple reason that it shows the WRONG way to work with demons. Having first learned about demons from Akelta, I learned the correct and ONLY way to interact with them, but I wanted to see how others called a demon the 'old school' way. Yeah, the one that as like as not will get you killed. So I could recognize it. Now I know why I have come to study demonosophy so late in my life. If I had done it any earlier, my mind would have been filled with another way. The wrong way! So, I am GRATEFUL that I have come to learn about demons so late in life. Anyway, not all the techniques are rotten. I have come across something that WORKS for me (no, it does not actually involve demons at all). It I about how to master the emotions and remain calm and a bit detached. I have used it with both anger and fear, and it renders the energy of those emotions clean and pure again, so that the energy can be safely returned to me, and I am left calm and focused. :) I am not going to name the book, not even for the sake of this technique. Why? I don't want anyone to be tempted. Demons are not to be controlled. There are already hundreds of books containing the wrong way, but I am not helping anyone find another. The technique is simple. Create a flame, say red for anger. Imagine it on and around your hands. Imagine it is feeding on your anger so that the red flames leap and burn. They cannot hurt you! You created them, and as their creator, you control them. Burn up your anger, and see particles of pure golden energy return to you. This is the energy you expended on the emotion. I use a green flame for fear. It is quite amazing how well this works. :)
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

It's rather amazing how many people still use the older RHPish method with threats and so on. Disgusting, but amazing. It's slowly changing for the better though.
Calin

You also need to be really careful of having the old ways tech in your ritual room when working with demons. Early on, I had my Table of Practice (see the book - The Magus if interested) - basically a ritual table surrounded by planetary archangels and the four kings with a triangle in the middle) still in my room when I called on a demon. Now the TOP is awesome for working with planetary intelligences, I have had 100% strike rate with it and no planetary intelligence has been pissed off being conjured this way, so the old tech still has its place, just not for demons IMHO.

I knew that demons did not like triangles for obvious reasons, so I took it off my altar, and stored it in the corner of my room with the triangle to the wall.

And then proceeded to cast a circle as usual and in this instance, called on Naamah as I was working towards seeking counsel with Lilith. Big. Mistake. Naamah came through just fine, but was immediately trapped in the triangle. The venom with which she spoke to me was palpable. Luckily I had a really nice crystal I had brought as an offering, that with apologies smoothed things over, but wow, lesson learned. The old tech works incredibly well and I encourage people to have a go at using it and working with other spirits (have a look at Frances Bardon's Magical Evocation book for a list of hundreds of planetary intelligences available to work with you), just be careful if you work with both demons and planetaries that your room is clear for one or the other to come through.
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

I too am so grateful to have found this site. I distrusted the "I order you to appear and be my slave" school of working with demons because it seemed very wrong to me for reasons I could not quite put my finger on. Even though I could not pin-point why it was wrong, my feeling was strong enough to not get involved with those folks. My desire to walk the LHP definitely leaned toward Voudun and rootworking. Working with Spirits to learn and grow and help others.

I also could not shake the suspicion that everything I had been taught about demons was self-serving bullshit to frighten people into the "loving" arms of the Church.

I was right. I have yet to order my first DC, but it IS going to happen. I cannot ignore the learning possibilities of having a DC..or two...to say nothing of what DL's are willing to share with us, if we understand their true nature and treat them with the respect that is their due.

Another thing, About twelve years ago I first saw a documentary about Voodoo in New Orleans. The focus was exclusively on New Orleans, with some minor digressions to show it's roots in both ancient African tradition, and what the slaves had to do as they "adapted" to their captivity. A Priestess, if that is the right word, was being interviewed, she said; "You may dance in private, or you may dance in public, but you WILL dance." Sqweeeeeeeeeee :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I'm in! Where do I sign up?
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)

Return to “Mind Power, Focusing and Mental Mastery”