Black Sun. Dream thingie, or vision thingie?

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Something I would appreciate an answer to.

I posted a dream here some time back, the most memorable part of the dream being something I now realize was not a dream at all but a vision. Visions within dreams is not unheard of for me, it just doesn't happen all the time.

First, this bit from the dream...

“We returned to our ship in orbit around the planet, and at one point I am standing in a room, oblong, 35 or 45 feet long, maybe 9 feet wide with a nine foot ceiling. The room was empty and had no light source, but was brightly lit. At the far end of room, there was no wall, it opened onto the vacuum of space. Beyond was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in a dream. There among the stars and nebula was a black sun. Even though it was black, I could see it was spherical, and it was surrounded by a most beautiful electric blue/white corona. It's surface was the surface of a solar body, only black. Behind it was a nebula of the most fantastic colors. Individual stars and star clusters fill the black void.”
(I have added some text that did not appear in the dream I posted. For the sake of clarifying what I actually saw)

Then, this bit from the ad copy for Underworld Demons in the S+S store...

“They have deep knowledge of the Black Sun and its journey.”

I have never seen a Black Sun in my dreams before. If it is purely a symbol meant to represent something else, I am at a total loss to interpret it. I found some stuff on-line and, excluding the recent adaptation of the Black Sun as a symbol for modern Fascists and racist wing-nuts, it is a symbol that goes waaaaaaaaaaaay back in human history, in several very separate civilizations.

My question...What is the Black Sun? It's up to me to figure out why it appeared, but it did for a very solid reason. I never would have seen it if it wasn't important to me on a spiritual level.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

I don't have much info on Black Suns. But as far as dreams interpretations no one can really tell you about them. They are for you and only you to understand and find meaning. Sorry I'm not helping but I felt I had to say that.
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

A portal that, if you get too close, sucks you in and your entire world, your beliefs, your dogmas, everything that you think you know, your entire universe, your whole existence, shreds it all to pieces and spits you out naked, with nothing, empty handed somewhere new where you have to learn to survive with nothing but sticks and stones that you find on the road.. A giant reset button.. Maybe, don't know, but could be :shiftydevil:
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

Maybe you can try connecting with Lord Azazel on it. He is one of the DLs who went on the journey to the black sun..
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Darth Moronius

black hole? " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dark star? " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

The black sun can be either a body that shines with darkness/the black flame or a sun that's burnt itself into blackness.
The black solar force is a thing, just like the black flame is.
It could be seen as a kind of inversion of the normal solar force/sun or as something else. The illuminating darkness.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Aprophis wrote:The black sun can be either a body that shines with darkness/the black flame or a sun that's burnt itself into blackness.
The black solar force is a thing, just like the black flame is.
It could be seen as a kind of inversion of the normal solar force/sun or as something else. The illuminating darkness.
But since the setting was space and spaceship, I'd go with Darth Moronius' suggestions.
It could very well have been a kind of black hole that has a halo of light around it's event horizon, right before it's sucked in.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

The impressions I got when I first saw your post was that it was a Sun slowly converting to a Black Hole, and that it was a portal to a special Demonic Realm. That's only my feeling/impression. Feel free to adopt your own...however, Underworld Demons? O)O *goes to look*
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Passchendaele

This is so hard to explain with words. It was a Solar Body in that I could see surface features that I have seen in photos of our Sun, lighter and darker areas moving under/over each other. Hold on... I'm going to go to NASA's website...And I could not load the image I wanted. Too big and I don't know how to make the file smaller without cropping the s**t out of it. (sigh) Here is the link, anyway.

https://goo.gl/images/vadKUN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It wasn't a burned out sun, or a black hole. It was a sphere, a solar body with magnetic fountains, eddys and currents, lighter and darker areas...but NO light. It was all visible to me, without light...except for the corona, which looks, in this link, exactly the way it looked in my dream. That was the only light on this sphere. It was true "black light" It was neither projecting light, nor reflecting it from another source. But I could see it, and the details of it's surface, nonetheless. Incredibly intricate. The surface of the entire sphere was in motion, it was a living thing. The size of a sun.

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

Passchendaele

Passemoon wrote:Maybe you can try connecting with Lord Azazel on it. He is one of the DLs who went on the journey to the black sun..
By a really odd coincidence, I have his sigil and enn somewhere on my desk. (He said, putting on his explorers pith helmet, sturdy boots and Batman utility belt)

William Butler Yeats

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”