The Source of My Fear

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

It could be that someone was reading his book without telling him so.
When I was at uni I used to read my room mate's occult books without asking, but I was always careful to put them back exactly as I found them...

But, if you think about it, we don't have to look at it on just the physical level. The "Why" and "What we think" parts here seem to be the most important in this case.
Why would a dark (or otherwise) entity want to move this person's book around? What does it accomplish?

If we think in terms of some force that's intelligent and competent, we can look at the result of what happened to find the motive. The book moving around made quite an impression on this person--enough that they felt like telling you about it, a person who hadn't brought up the subject of magic or anything. This kind of mind-impression is important and shouldn't be ignored whatever the cause. In turn, the chain of events has caused you, now, to come and post about it on this sort of forum seeking more information. This incident with the book wasn't just memorable and important to him, but his telling you about it is also memorable and important to you. The result is that this person and you are both thinking about magic, exploring its possibilities, and communicating about this with others.

This is not nothing. This is the very definition of a thing. A thing happened, and you care about it.

So what now? Do we ascribe intelligence and motive to the actions leading up to this? We could very easily, if we want to. We could discard the situation as meaningless, or a coincidence (check out the etymology of "coincidence" if you get the chance), or call it synchronicity and leave it at that. What is most useful? What leads to the next step in the realm you wish to explore?
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
judiss
Patron Deities: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Ronove, Beelzebub
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Chrysopaelian wrote:It could be that someone was reading his book without telling him so.
When I was at uni I used to read my room mate's occult books without asking, but I was always careful to put them back exactly as I found them...

But, if you think about it, we don't have to look at it on just the physical level. The "Why" and "What we think" parts here seem to be the most important in this case.
Why would a dark (or otherwise) entity want to move this person's book around? What does it accomplish?

If we think in terms of some force that's intelligent and competent, we can look at the result of what happened to find the motive. The book moving around made quite an impression on this person--enough that they felt like telling you about it, a person who hadn't brought up the subject of magic or anything. This kind of mind-impression is important and shouldn't be ignored whatever the cause. In turn, the chain of events has caused you, now, to come and post about it on this sort of forum seeking more information. This incident with the book wasn't just memorable and important to him, but his telling you about it is also memorable and important to you. The result is that this person and you are both thinking about magic, exploring its possibilities, and communicating about this with others.

This is not nothing. This is the very definition of a thing. A thing happened, and you care about it.

So what now? Do we ascribe intelligence and motive to the actions leading up to this? We could very easily, if we want to. We could discard the situation as meaningless, or a coincidence (check out the etymology of "coincidence" if you get the chance), or call it synchronicity and leave it at that. What is most useful? What leads to the next step in the realm you wish to explore?
Actually, this is a topic I meant to follow up but I will do so in a different thread because it would technically belong in one of the spell topics.

We can wonder about the motives of the unknown and prescribe whatever philosophies, project whatever intentions, but it would not bring about the truth - this I've realized. Now that I've journeyed further down the LHP, I've realized I have nothing to fear (by way of cheating via spellwork). I posted about it just now called "Request Spell (for banishing fear in this example)" under the Magick and Spellworking... topic (idk if I'm allowed to link stuff on this forum).

...Yikes. I realize now how horrible that name is - it sounds like I'm asking FOR a spell. Oh well.
ᛚᛇᚲᚾᚨᚱᛁ:ᚹᛟᚱᛞ
Mabooka of the Iiopotto

Image: "Faust in his Study" - oil on canvas - by Philipp Winterwerb
Yrtys
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

When the Sludge Possessed another

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”