Another place

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

It was very vivid, and most of it felt very normal, natural (in away), but there few surreal moments that just didn't fit the that whole picture. I feel it has some weight to it, but I'm not sure which part of it. If only for the visuals and imagery I might have written it down to one of those vivid dreams that are interesting and fun to be in, but not something I lose sleep over or even remember a mere week later. On the other hand feelings that came with those visual for some reason did hit me hard and deep.

So I "*woke up*" in this fairytale like kingdom, with king and queen and a pretty princess in a fancy palace. With magic floating in the air and it all very medieval tone. Horse is still man's best friend and most prized possession and wood was the only building material majority could afford. I was not quite my self in that place, I felt like I'm someone else.
The palace was quite pleasing to the eye, can't say the same about what's outside the gates. But I didn't have to worry much about the life of a peasant, for I was highborn. Palace was my home, I felt like I'm at home, that I belong there and I didn't even question that. I was young, ambitious, there were plenty of wits and tricks in that head of mine (to compensate for severe lack of wisdom). I was enjoying my life there, especially because I had somebody interesting to play with. There was this pretty lowborn peasant girl working in the palace and let's just say I was frequent guest in her tiny chamber, especially after sundown. She was pretty, fun and so.. pure. The honesty and fairness of her heath, the sharpness and strength of her mind was most enticing - a total opposite of the lords and ladies that had nothing to show but their rags of silk and gold. Late evenings in her tiny room was hundred times more entertaining than any royal ball, and not just because I had someone to sleep with. She was lovely, but we were of a different status, so there was nothing more to it part a bit of fun every now and then. I always had my eye on the princess. Pretty, wealthy and comes with almost any title one could desire. I'm not quite sure what was my exact place in the palace, but I think I wasn't high enough for the *crown jewel*, but I wouldn't be deterred by a bit of challenge. So one night I felt I just had try my luck to sneak in to the bedroom of this attractive young lady, who so happens to be daughter of the king.

I'm standing by her door and try to talk my way in, but she is very stubborn: "You can't come in. My father will find out and we both will be in a lot of trouble." And "I'm not one of your peasant girls to play with. Maybe you've spent too much time with those and forgot that people of our class have rules to abide, for if we don't we barely more than animals." (or something very similar). At that moment I somehow completely and utterly lost any interest in that person standing right in front of me. Not even her expensive perfume could cover that stench of vanity and narcissism. This girl has nothing, apart her crown and that silk she is wrapped in. Maybe she is right, maybe indeed I've spent too much time with the "lower classes", but I knew right there I'm in the wrong place, at the wrong door. "Pardon my intrusion at such late hour, my Lady. Have a pleasant night" with those words I turned around walked away confused "What was I thinking? How could I be so blind all this time. I was chasing a cup that was empty." And I couldn't imagine spending a day with such person in the same room, let alone share bedroom for the rest of our years..

No matter, I'm finally at the right door, I didn't even knock. I never do anyway. I quietly sneak in and.. It's empty. She is not here, and that's a bit usual, she's always here. It's far too late to do any chores, but every now and then things come up, maybe it's just one of those days. Only then I notice her things are gone too. She had so little of her own that it took me a moment to notice that something is missing here and there. Some old books, few bit and bobs. "Why would she leave? She couldn't.. Would she?.. Did She?.."
That moment I felt like some large empty space inside me opening up. I never realized how much space within me that person filled with her cheer, and her laughter and all the wonder that was her until that moment when she was gone and might not be coming back. It was a lot of space that slowly began turning in to a large empty hole..

I had to find her and I looked all over the palace but there wasn't a trace of her. She's gone. I thought she couldn't go far, I will catch up with her and whatever got in to her we will get it right. I start to run to the main gate and on my way I found my self in some strange hall with many small rooms, cells on the sides and in each of them I there was somebody inside, I stopped by one and looked inside I was a bit surprised by that sight. Inside was some strange creature, not a human, not a cat nor a dog, a bit of both. Not even sure if there was one or two sitting on the same chair and working on something that looked like a computer. That just felt like it doesn't belong here. What is it that I'm seeing? Creature noticed me, he/it looked at me. I was staring at it and it was staring at me. Just for a moment until I snapped out of it. "Whatever this is, it's not important. At least not now. I have to find her."

I ran pass the gates in to that gray and dirty "outside", to which I would avoid stepping in to any other day. I ran through those muddy streets my feet hardly ever touched before, amongst those lowborn peasants with their soiled rags - those that I would have looked down on to any other day. But she was no where to be found. I ran faster and faster until I felt I was flying. I could see the town and it's people bellow me and far in a distance I saw her, like a mirage and I tried to get to her, to reach her, but no matter how hard I tried I could never get close enough. She'd just slip away, just disappear in to thin air like a ghost and reappear somewhere farther just to disappear right before I could reach her.. Day turned in a night, and her ghost was just a slowly fading shadow far in the distance, a moment later and I was standing all alone in the dark. It's gone, every thing that didn't matter and did matter is gone..
And then I woke up
Oceanos
Patron Deities: Tiamat, Lucifer, Danu
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Very interesting dream. Wonder if it symbolizes a loss you feel that you have in life. Like you settled for something you thought was of worth, when in reality you loss the true treasure all a long for doing so. If not the case and its instead something akin to a past life memory, then sad to hear that it happened like that. Who knows it could have been your true love, if you just discarded status back when you still had the chance and chased after her against all odds. But regardless the past is the past as they say.

What do you think about all of it? What are your opinions and inferences on what your dream meant for you?
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

Maybe she doesn't like to be played with lol :umm:
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Cerber

Oceanos wrote:Very interesting dream. Wonder if it symbolizes a loss you feel that you have in life. Like you settled for something you thought was of worth, when in reality you loss the true treasure all a long for doing so. If not the case and its instead something akin to a past life memory, then sad to hear that it happened like that. Who knows it could have been your true love, if you just discarded status back when you still had the chance and chased after her against all odds. But regardless the past is the past as they say.

What do you think about all of it? What are your opinions and inferences on what your dream meant for you?
Not sure, to be honest. I'm not familiar with that kind of feeling of loss, at least not in this life. I can't think of anything (or anyone) that would actually regret losing to any measurable degree. I could theorize, that maybe I did lost something valuable some very long time ago, and maybe some events in my life (at around that moment when I had that dream) caused some remotely similar vibrations that resonated with some deeply buried feelings of that past loss and made some fragments to resurface, from there my mind just munched it all up in to some abstract story that's loosely based on some corrupt fragmented data, filling the gaps with imagination. Or something along those lines.
Passemoon wrote:Maybe she doesn't like to be played with lol :umm:
Then why she stuck around for that long? :umm:
Passemoon

The Se* I mean action was good
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Cerber

Passemoon wrote:The Se* I mean action was good
:umm: So she was just playing with me, using me, you say? And then just left me thinking and feeling I'm the worst person in the whole universe, you say? For like at least a good thousand of years, you say?
That's an interesting new perspective.. :cuteghost:
Passemoon

Hell hath no fury like a woman played
ImageImage

Ludwig van Beethoven
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

Passemoon wrote:Hell hath no fury like a woman played
Indeed.
Darth Moronius

a man played hath no hell like fury?

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”