Study Group Exercise #1 for May.

A Place to practise and Learn together as a community. Post exercises and share results!

Moderator: Akelta

User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Okay, here it is! The very first study group exercise. Before I get started, I would like to say that this is NOT an official SNS group, just a bunch of us getting together to practice and learn. I am NOT an authority on Demons or Demonosophy. This is just for those who want to work with demons a little more, so that we can learn. It is not mandatory, come and go as you like. I will post it and bump it up each month, and folks can come back to this thread to post their experiences.

That having been said, THIS month we are inviting Demon Lords into our lives! How exciting. :) The Demon Lords are the Gods of the demonic realms. They have an amazing wealth of wisdom and experiences to share. They are very powerful, and most specialize in one or more areas of study/ knowledge. Just a few cautions about them:
1) Treat them with respect. Use their title and name until you get to know them. Some DLs are more formal, and some will tolerate a human speaking in a more friendly way. Just remember that they are so far advanced compared to the best and brightest that humanity has to offer, that it staggers the mind.
2) If they make a suggestion or ask for something done in a particular way, that is the way to do it. You can ask WHY, of course, but you will discover they always know what they are talking about. This is not a buddy or even just a Teacher. They are Gods.
3) Do not lie or try to hide things from them. They can see your mind, all the way back to your childhood. They know what you are capable of, and see every thought in your head. Do NOT waste their time by attempting to lie to them. Always be honest.
4) SHOWER, or at least wash up and hit the deodorant, before calling on a Demon Lord. They are very sensitive to smell.
5) Do not waste their time. Sit and meditate on why you are calling them for beforehand. Have a list of questions written out in advance. State what you want and listen and learn! If you cannot think of anything else, state that you would like to sit in their energies for meditation.

Here are a few simple methods to call upon them. Remember that you are NOT ordering them, but INVITING them into your home, politely and pleasantly.

Method 1:
Have a candle or candles to light, the energy of this light can be used as an offering to them. An incense is nice, particularly one which they enjoy. Check the web and see what yoou can discover about this Demon Lord. Draw out their sigil on an unlined piece of paper. Have a notecard with their enn on it or be ready to tune into one of Akelta's enn chanting videos! :D Meditate for several minutes on the sigil while chanting their enn slowly.

Method 2:
Blood offering. Same setup as above, except have a lancet handy to poke your finger. Smear the blood across their sigil before you start, and invite them to partake of this most sacred essence.

Method 3:
Using a circle. A SIMPLE circle is the best one. No symbols, no watchers at the corners. Use your energy through a finger or your wand, and trace or walk a circle around your altar area, imagining that the energy pouring from them is making a circle meant only to keep any beings not allowed out, and to concentrate any energies within the circle and hold them in for the period of the ritual. A circle is contructed clockwise, and after the ritual, it is removed by imagining the energy coming back to you, moving counter-clockwise.

If you know other methods, that is fine. Use your favorite. Other offerings can also be given, such as fresh fruit, water, wine or whiskey, or tea. Cookies or cake can be nice, and rare meat/steak is often appreciated. Present offerings in a way such as they look fresh, and are presented nicely. I have special fine china teapots and cups to use, and special platters, but if all you have is paper plates, that is fine, as long as they are clean and things look good. Write down what happens, and come back to this thread. We would like to know which Demon Lord was called, why you chose that one, anything that happened, or any conversations, or if you would like, share what you asked of this DL and if you got any results. After calling to them, look for any strange coincidence or unusual things happening in your life. That's it! Please try to call a Demon Lord you have never called before. :)
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Any suggestions for those of us who live with people who freak out at the very thought of working with spirits, let alone inviting a Demon Lord into our shared home?
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Darth Moronius

Passchendaele wrote:Any suggestions for those of us who live with people who freak out at the very thought of working with spirits, let alone inviting a Demon Lord into our shared home?
dont tell them
do this call when no one around or all sleeping
headphone, or low voice so no one hear
little candles and oil incence so no one smell
:devilthumbs:
User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

Passchendaele wrote:Any suggestions for those of us who live with people who freak out at the very thought of working with spirits, let alone inviting a Demon Lord into our shared home?
Well, you can do this in the middle of the night and not tell anyone like Darth suggested, but I should have included:

4) Astral Temple. Sit and meditate for a while, building up the image of a private room, just as you would like it, for your demonic interactions. Include images, sounds of bells or gongs, and even odors. When you are ready, light the imaginary candles and incense, put your gorgeous imaginiary robe on, sit in front of your altar complete with statues and everything else, then invite them in silently and telepathically. Yes this works! In fact. it works GREAT for some people. 'Imaginary' is just another word for astral. :)

OR

5) Have a very small box with all your supplies and store them in the trunk of your car. Drive to a secluded spot, then light a candle and incense and proceed. The important part is to find a place where you will not be disturbed. If you have a demon companion, ask them to help keep people away until you finish.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

User3246

By the way, I have decided to call upon Lord Rosier. *blushes* I have never even considered inviting him to visit me before. We'll see what happens! I really hope this will open the door for people to start calling upon the Demon Lords to visit them!

Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Yes, astral temple is great. I always recommend it to people who can't have physical altars. The stronger you visualize it, the more effective it is. You can use physical objects to help you along since much of it is for visualizing your intent (i.e. color of candles), so if you just visualize it yourself it is also good. However, if you have any small crystals with you, it would be great if you could incorporate those. :) They will help you with the vibrations you need.

Hahaha I thought it would be considered cheating to call upon a dark lord we have communicated with already but never formally called upon xD I'm glad that doesn't seem to be the case. I think I will be calling Lord Babael. He doesn't have much information on him but I have had some interactions with him. I'd love to learn more :devillove:
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
darkstarfyre

How about calling them my chanting their enns? loud or soft?
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas

(Disclaimer: I haven't signed up for this or anything, but I've been reading the posts anyway)
That astral temple thing is a great idea, thanks so much for sharing it! As soon as I read it I immediately was able to visualize this beautiful crystal room with tall towers, windows, and a fountain in the center, so *thumbs up* big thanks! c:
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias

Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Well, you can do this in the middle of the night and not tell anyone like Darth suggested, but I should have included:

4) Astral Temple. Sit and meditate for a while, building up the image of a private room, just as you would like it, for your demonic interactions. Include images, sounds of bells or gongs, and even odors. When you are ready, light the imaginary candles and incense, put your gorgeous imaginiary robe on, sit in front of your altar complete with statues and everything else, then invite them in silently and telepathically. Yes this works! In fact. it works GREAT for some people. 'Imaginary' is just another word for astral. :)

OR

5) Have a very small box with all your supplies and store them in the trunk of your car. Drive to a secluded spot, then light a candle and incense and proceed. The important part is to find a place where you will not be disturbed. If you have a demon companion, ask them to help keep people away until you finish.
I had completely forgotten that a person can construct on the Astral by focusing here on the Physical. The middle of the night would not be a problem since I work until 1:30 AM and don't get home until 2-ish. As a matter of fact, my Little Voice has been trying to get me to start meditating and (quietly) chant enns as soon as I get home. My Little Voice is never wrong, but I just have to do things My Way, which consists of screwing around on-line instead of getting important stuff done.

But not entirely a waste of time! I learned how to read my natal chart by visiting astrology sites run by real astrologers. Now, I want a DC I can study astrology (and Tarot) with. But...where, oh where would I EVER find such a being?
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
User3246

Amaranthlovecharm wrote:Yes, astral temple is great. I always recommend it to people who can't have physical altars. The stronger you visualize it, the more effective it is. You can use physical objects to help you along since much of it is for visualizing your intent (i.e. color of candles), so if you just visualize it yourself it is also good. However, if you have any small crystals with you, it would be great if you could incorporate those. :) They will help you with the vibrations you need.

Hahaha I thought it would be considered cheating to call upon a dark lord we have communicated with already but never formally called upon xD I'm glad that doesn't seem to be the case. I think I will be calling Lord Babael. He doesn't have much information on him but I have had some interactions with him. I'd love to learn more :devillove:
Babael! So interesting! *laughs* I have been put off from the DLs who mushed a pumpkin on my $600 altar scarf one year! *laughs* :'(
darkstarfyre wrote:How about calling them my chanting their enns? loud or soft?
darkstarfyre wrote:How about calling them my chanting their enns? loud or soft?
Yes, That works....or put in ear buds/headphones and play one of Akelta's enn chanting vids! I LOVE those things!
Chrysopaelian wrote:(Disclaimer: I haven't signed up for this or anything, but I've been reading the posts anyway)
That astral temple thing is a great idea, thanks so much for sharing it! As soon as I read it I immediately was able to visualize this beautiful crystal room with tall towers, windows, and a fountain in the center, so *thumbs up* big thanks! c:
Oh, no 'signing up'. If you want to do it, please do. If not, no problem. Actually, I was thinking of doing your tincture making one month! Either that or making soap, cold cream, or chapstick, using witchy/satanic ingredients. I made a satanic bath bomb one time out of tea tree, pine, and tulsi (holy basil). Lord Satan really liked that one.
Passchendaele wrote: I had completely forgotten that a person can construct on the Astral by focusing here on the Physical. The middle of the night would not be a problem since I work until 1:30 AM and don't get home until 2-ish. As a matter of fact, my Little Voice has been trying to get me to start meditating and (quietly) chant enns as soon as I get home. My Little Voice is never wrong, but I just have to do things My Way, which consists of screwing around on-line instead of getting important stuff done.

But not entirely a waste of time! I learned how to read my natal chart by visiting astrology sites run by real astrologers. Now, I want a DC I can study astrology (and Tarot) with. But...where, oh where would I EVER find such a being?
Oooo! Yeah. Demonic Tarot readings! My Grave Lady Necrosis Demon, DarkLight, uses a Death Deck Clad in flesh and can also read entrails, etc. She is skilled in necromancer/death energies! Maybe an exercise on that would be cool... :D

Return to “Study Groups and Community Exercises”