Black Arts vs The Left Hand Path (Expectations vs Reality)

A Place to practise and Learn together as a community. Post exercises and share results!

Moderator: Akelta

User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

I have noticed a trend among people coming from the Right-Hand Path who are exploring, discovering, the LHP... they seem to automatically associate the left path with Black Arts.

I'm here to tell you something new.

I've seen RHP practitioners do some seriously black stuff.

I've seen LHP practitioners do some seriously white stuff.

ART is not relegated by PATH.

ART is Art - it is pathless. PATH is Path... it is Artless.

If you expect the LHP to be all dark and foreboding, if you expect everyone here to be into dark gods for dark reasons, casting dark spells, and the like... you are sadly mistaken.

The LHP is a philosophy of the Self - self-reliability, self-responsibility, self-accountability. It is a path where Karma or the three-fold law are taken less as hard, concrete facts, and more... as suggestions. If you need to go to a dark place to resolve an issue, you do so, but you understand the responsibility rests on your own head and there's no one and no thing above you waiting to swing the axe.

Likewise, if you need to go to a light place, for whatever reason, that space is not denied to you.

Whatever art works for whatever your goal, that's what you use.

The only difference between the LHP approach to the Art and the RHP approach to the Art (and thus the reason we get painted with the blacker brush in the end) is our willingness to own up to what we do, and not pretend to be anything we're not. We don't blame a god, we don't feel shame, we don't make excuses, and we own our choices completely. Good AND bad. While the RHP is casting Death Curses for failures of faith, and then hiding those curses so no one discovers their transgressions, we're busy being REAL about our OWN faiths - or lacks of.

Just a thought.
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

You end it with "Just a thought". Well what a thought indeed!!!!

That has to be the best description I have read or even heard describing the paths. It sums up my approach completely.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Blckmagickx
Patron Deities: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

I completely agree with you. Well written thoughts! :devilgrin:

Return to “Study Groups and Community Exercises”