Shamans Are Weird Around Technology

A Place to practise and Learn together as a community. Post exercises and share results!

Moderator: Akelta

User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Matt: My phone is possessed. Do you know how to do an exorcism on electronics?
It's started selecting things and zooming and moving things.

Me: It's called a hard reset... it requires copious amounts of swearing by several gods of technology, and the use of various blessings of copper, zinc, quartz, and the like... you have to ask the spirits of the base particles of the phone to rise up and heal themselves, throw off the evil spirit and choose to be free...
If the phone is willing, and you work really hard, you can exorcise it like any other body...
But it's kind of a <<removed by mod>> ... phones seem to generally like being possessed... they seem to think it's funny.
I think last time this happened to May, she just gave in and bought a new one. Also... how is it that out of everyone there, you're the only one that managed to be the person that thing followed home??? Tch Tch... bad shaman... no donuts.

Matt: I'm mostly joking. It's been doing this since before this weekend. I could try exorcising it, I guess... which gods do you call on?

Me: Probably the hardware gods all computer geeks swear by... I think phones fall under their purview... Gates, Jobs, etc?

Matt: Bill Gates?

Me: Well, yeah...
I don't really know... maybe Samsung, Apple, "By the Power of BlackBerry, I Free You of This Evil..."
It's like finding a parking spot at the Mall... you call on the Goddess Asphaltina..
Seriously... it really works... magick is weird and bendy... but you knew that already... however, really, your problem sounds more software than possession... I suspect that a real hard reset or a visit to your local store to talk to the professionals might be better than talking to me...

Matt: *snip* So put a bunch of pennies that I've cleansed with lemon oil and some anti static spray, and quartz, and pray to google and linux to cast out the evil from my phone and let it be cleansed of all adverse energies?
It's something in the screen. The phone's always been quirky and it would do this if I wasn't totally grounded and was running a bunch of energy, but this is ridiculous.

Me: Pretty much. And ask your phone to get involved. No sense in doing an exorcism where the person who is possessed doesn't work to get rid of the offending entity, you know.

Matt: It started flashing green when I cast out things.
It's still twitching a little, but the phone did some twitching under my fingers as I was casting it out. We'll see how it goes.
On a related note, I'm going to start keeping rolls of new pennies on hand. They always seem to come in handy for spells but I get tired of cleansing them.

Me: Encourage the phone to work with you... remember that I told Joan that she had to fight for herself, WITH us.
Copper is better... pennies have other stuff in them. Nickel and stuff.

Matt: I did encourage it. I felt it doing things, green sparkly energy was getting thrown off. It's working fine now. I pulled whatever off the screen and fed it to fire.
Well, mostly fine. If it starts typing words I'm gonna freak out a little.

Me: Remember that a phone has copper and crystals and stuff made from plant and animal byproducts... plus it has a brain and a memory... so it has a spirit. It just might start talking and actually BE talking.

Matt: Earlier it was just mashing letters, no speech. I should really head to bed. I don't think my eggless brownies turned out. The sorbet was a success at least.

Me: Sorry about the brownies. Sleep well. No more midnight baking/exorcisms for you. Sleep is important. :P
Be nice to your new phone friend. Be gentle to it for a few days... it's had a rough time. Possession is no fun.
Grats on the sorbet. Dream well.

THE NEXT DAY

Matt's Phone: Also I'm glad you weren't here for the chocolate sorbet. I would've fought to the death for the dasher. So put a bunch of pennies that I cleanse with lemon oil and some anti static spray, and quartz and pray to google and linux to cast out the evil from my phone and let it be cleansed of all adverse energies?

Me: you said that yesterday.

Matt: Weird... I wasn't even on the texting screen and it sent that.

Me: Told you that your phone would start talking. :P

Honest, this really happened. This whole thing is a 100% true story, the whole conversation. I thought he was joking, but he really wasn't. His phone texted me. lol I think it was trying to say thank you. Or maybe thank gods I wasn't there, because I totally didn't take it seriously. rofl

Also... GREMLINS....

Believe it or not, there are some GA/DA gremlins who actually LIKE technology and will keep technological thingummies running smoothly... for the prices of various shinies.

Be warned... they are thieves of shiny objects... and useful objects, and they like to make mischief. They're pranksters, so even if they keep your computers and cars running smoothly and your washing machine from dying, they're going to steal your wallet and keys right before you need to head off to that all important interview with your boss's boss. Just for s&g's. Bribe them with regular offerings of the usual faerie gifts of whiskey, flowers, and honey in milk, and random shinies on an altar of their very own..... and my family found that if we gave them old, broken computer parts, or video game machines (they really, REALLY loved our Sega Genesis) the thievery can be cut down to next to nothing. Bribery.... never underestimate the power of grift.
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Study Groups and Community Exercises”