Study group exercise for July

A Place to practise and Learn together as a community. Post exercises and share results!

Moderator: Akelta

User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

This month we are focusing on the arts of Divination. According to Merriam Webster, divination is "the art or practice that seeks to foresee or foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge usually by the interpretation of omens or by the aide of supernatural powers". Supernatural powers means DEMONS, GODS, or other powerful supernatural beings such as the MUSES or PYTHIA. Most demons are able to use some form of divination or can foresee future events. Although I did not find many Demon Lords/Ladies who specialize in divination, you might want to try; Abigor, Hekate, Delipitore, Alloces, Glasya Lebolas, Gusion, or Purson. Divination is an ancient art, which is prohibited by the Bible, by the way! Yes, for this exercise we will be officially sinning! XD there are many forms of divination, including onieromancy (the interpretation of dreams to foretell the future), crystal ball gazing, tarot cards, runestones, Ouija boards, 'thowing the bones', gazing into a mirror, dowsing, pendulums, numerology, palm reading, and astrology. Some of the more fun and bizarre types of divination are aeromancy, which is cloud or sky gazing, ceraunoscopy which seeks to draw omens from the study of thunder and lightning, pegomancy concerns itself with spring water and bubbling fountains and the omens contained therein, and tiromancy is divination based on cheese. XD So this month's challenge will be to do one of the following:

1) Make or buy a device for divination, and do a reading for yourself or someone else.
2) Get a reading from someone using tarot, runes, palm reading, tea leaves, or another form of divination.
3) Call a Demon Lord or Lady or even a God/dess and ask them about your future.

I think it is very cool that SNS offers several things in their "readings" sections that you might also want to look at and take advantage of. I have always wanted to try the oracles or questions or the Dark Lords/Ladies, for instance. I hope you have fun with this, and it can be as simple and low cost as marking sticks or rocks with symbols and giving them a toss, or formulating some questions, then watching the clouds in the sky. Come back and let us know how you do! :devilgrin:
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

So, to kick this off: I just scored 27 black bear toe and ankle bones, professionally cleaned, to make myself a set of Runestones. Or is that Runebones? XD I am extremely happy, since these things are hellishly RARE to find and especially cleaned this way. I just can't believe it! They are in my price range, too. I have a Were-Bear ancestor, according to CH, so I thought this is especially fitting. Yippee!
bear bones.jpg
bear bones.jpg (60.45 KiB) Viewed 5649 times
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Calin

Whoohoo I am off to a flying start. I did 1 and 2 yesterday! I ordered

https://www.quareiapublishing.com/lxxxi-magicians-deck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is an oracle/divination deck used specifically to assist magicians on their path, specifically understanding the magical currents at play. Quareia also offer an amazing multi level initiatory free course for those who want to learn magic note - non demonic.

And got a reading from a friend on another site who is a professional sorcerer. Not demonic focused but damn he does a good job.

https://blacksnakeconjure.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Looks like I'm going to go buy more sheets of seaweed. I'll look into some more in-depth methods too. Thanks for the study topic :)
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Ahhh I will have to look into other forms of divination since I do tarot primarily. I always drink tea and have wanted to do tasseography~ ^^ maybe I should buy a cup online that I'll use only for it!
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
moonshadowlab

I have some tarot cards that have been put away for many years so I guess I can get those out and try a reading on myself. I have no idea who does good readings of people so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know. :cuteghost:
User3246

Everyone is really getting into this! I found other Demons who can be called upon to help with divination! The Demons Raum, Berith, and Orobas. I am not an expert of the tarot, myself, but I like your new one, Calin! Seaweed, Chrys? Count me as intrigued! LOLOL! And Amaranth, tea readings for friends might be fun. After all, they did it in Harry Potter! LOLOL! Moonshadowlab, you can try a reading for yourself, or look in the yellow pages under palmistry. Just be careful of those folks! Not all of them are ethical! Call and set an appointment, tell them what you want, and agree on a pre-set amount for the reading and do NOT go over that. A lot of those folks are not ethical. Caveat Emptor.

Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Hahaha they did do that!! I just remembered. Ahhhh that makes me want to read Harry Potter all over again. Such good memories!!
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

If anyone gets any impressions from this, please share. This is my hot chocolate. I didn't intend it for divination (just tasty hot chocolate) but I thought I'd post it anyway.
Attachments
Hot chocolate residue.PNG
Hot chocolate residue.PNG (370.25 KiB) Viewed 5033 times
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
User3246

Hi, Chrys! I see an old Native American woman holding a drum. maybe a past life?

Return to “Study Groups and Community Exercises”