Study Group Exercise for August.

A Place to practise and Learn together as a community. Post exercises and share results!

Moderator: Akelta

User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

This month I wanted to try something I saw another member, Coffee Queen, do here on the forum. It is a kind of illuminated manuscript, but instead of getting creative and artistic with a letter in a manuscript, we could use a sigil. The definition of an illuminated manuscript is "a manuscript in which the text is supplemented with such decoration as initials, borders (marginalia) and miniature illustrations." (Wiki). So find a sigil you want to do, like one of a favorite Demon Lord, or even one of your own demon's sigils, and break out your glitter, special papers, paints, pencils, or other art paraphernalia, and get to work! Anything goes, but try to make the sigil fit what you feel about your chosen Demon or Demoness. This can be a type of working meditation, where you focus on a sigil and your mind is open to the energies of that Demon while you are working. Just remember not to show your project unless you want others to see your sigil. Otherwise, I would love to see what everyone gets. You might also want to say a few words about any interactions or changes in your mind/attitudes that came about from doing this work. This would be a great hand-made offering to a Demon companion or Dark Lord. Thanks, everyone! Please let me know if you have any projects or ideas for future Study Group exercises that we can do. That's it! Have a great month.
Illuminated.jpg
Illuminated.jpg (261.11 KiB) Viewed 5235 times
IlluminatedScript.jpg
IlluminatedScript.jpg (314.81 KiB) Viewed 5235 times
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

I have decided to illuminate the sigil for the Hellfire Demon Lord Sargatanas. It is both complex and very beautiful, with some amazing elements that I would like to explore artistically. :) I need some supplies, so I am off to the art store on my next payday. I have a LOT of ongoing projects, so I hope I can get this one done! I am still working on the project for last month, so I am a bit behind. :p
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Can I use macaroni (uncooked) spray painted gold? :confuseddevil:
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas

This is my basic design for the ilumination I'm working on. I'm doing it up on paper and paint, but I wanted to test where I would put what colors. I might add more detail or change things a little as I go, but this is the framework. I'll update with the finished version when that's complete.

Thanks for this idea, it's a fun one :)
Attachments
basic color outline.png
basic color outline.png (11.34 KiB) Viewed 4824 times
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
User3246

Passchendaele wrote:Can I use macaroni (uncooked) spray painted gold? :confuseddevil:
Yup, yup. LOLOL! The Demon Lords might feel you have regressed back to childhood, though. XD My Gladiator said you could use dried corn or cereal, too. Wiseguy!

Chrysopaelian

Here we go, this is what it turned out as. I might do a little more if I'm inspired to, but for all practical intents and purposes it's finished:

S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
User3246

Very nice, Chrys! Uhm. Who is the sigil for? Did you have any insights while making it?

Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias

Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Passchendaele wrote:Can I use macaroni (uncooked) spray painted gold? :confuseddevil:
Yup, yup. LOLOL! The Demon Lords might feel you have regressed back to childhood, though. XD My Gladiator said you could use dried corn or cereal, too. Wiseguy!
Heck yay! I forgot about those! Popcorn kernels! But... I think construction paper would be the thing. With a scalpel or razor knife, you can make amazing things with construction paper! Um...and Elmers Glue. The stuff in the squeeze bottle, not the glue in the can with the plastic "applicator" You'll just end up eating it. I know some kids who did and ended up...Protestant... True Story! :winkdevil:
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Chrysopaelian

Satan's Hellcat wrote:Very nice, Chrys! Uhm. Who is the sigil for? Did you have any insights while making it?
*Facepalms* so I kinda skimmed the topic and this drawing isn't a sigil, it's just a creative letter representation for someone I've been working with. Guess Part II will be a sigil, but I might actually do that one for someone else.

As for insights, I can't really say that anything stuck in my mind :| oh well, ya win some, ya lose some.
User3246

One more day! I have mine and will put it up tomorrow after I get a picture of it. I used Lord Sargatanas' sigil.

Return to “Study Groups and Community Exercises”