Study Group Exercise For September.

A Place to practise and Learn together as a community. Post exercises and share results!

Moderator: Akelta

User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Sorry this is coming out a day late. I have a few life issues, but overall doing very well. :) We will be doing a lesson in Necromancy for this month, combined with some very simple blood magick. Necromancy is the art of communicating with the dead in order to gain knowledge. You can learn a lot this way! Everyone should take a trip out to the local graveyard. Pick the grave of a person you think would be interesting to talk to. Write down the name and the dates they were born and died. Go home and when you have some time, meditate and think about this person. You may wish to call upon a Demon Lord or a Goddess like Hella who is the Norse Goddess of the Dead to help you connect to them more fully. When you are ready, go back to the grave and take a small finger lancet with you. You need three drops of blood. Read the name and dates on the headstone out loud, then say "(Name of person), with this blood I open the gates of death to call you forth from the great beyond to this place where your bones lie." Take another drop, and place it at the head of the grave, where you think the head of the person should be, and say "(Name of person) with this blood I open your mouth and give you a voice to speak with me." Finally, take one last drop and place somewhere on the headstone. Say "With this blood (Name of Person) exactly one day hence, I bind you back into this grave. At that time, may you go back into the land of the dead in peace with my thanks." So, within the next 24 hours you should have an experience with this person's shade and be able to hear them speak clearly. Have fun! Remember that the dead are still just people, but you can learn so much from them. Be respectful and listen to what they say. If it appears they are agitated or crazy, just banish them. After 24 hours they will not be able to bother you further, unless you call them up again.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

so SH i was just interested to know where you came upon this rite? It just seems that using your own blood to bind an unknown spirit to you (especially the deceased) is not a good idea, without some serious protection in place or working through and with a specific death deity. Its also possible that the blood binding may make the dead bound to you more permanently. I was under the impression that blood should really be used only in important circumstances, since you are basically offering you life and soul essence in using it. it is also possible that if the dead doesn't return through to the otherside that they may follow you around again after the 24hrs are up. Especially because in some circumstances if the shade is wanting life back it will cling to whatever life force it can get and can keep coming after you because you gave it that lifeforce in the first place.

Blood in my experience is very strong and rather permanently binding. It also seems a little disrespectful to the dead to just call up a random spirit just to talk with, maybe some water or food offerings should be given for their presence? I am also aware in voudun tradition when you do graveyard work that you also need to leave offerings of silver or nickel at the graves so that the spirits don't become attached to you, and also an offering for the gatekeeper or deity presiding over the graveyard. I also find that asking a gatekeeper to open the way for the spirit to come through makes communication easier.

Also i would personally want to be very sure that the deceased went back to the otherside, again you would either need to open the gate yourself or call upon a detah deity /lord to ensure they get back. Just some thoughts on this. thankyou for all you work in coming up with these lessons though they are very interesting
User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

Heretique wrote:so SH i was just interested to know where you came upon this rite? It just seems that using your own blood to bind an unknown spirit to you (especially the deceased) is not a good idea, without some serious protection in place or working through and with a specific death deity. Its also possible that the blood binding may make the dead bound to you more permanently. I was under the impression that blood should really be used only in important circumstances, since you are basically offering you life and soul essence in using it. it is also possible that if the dead doesn't return through to the otherside that they may follow you around again after the 24hrs are up. Especially because in some circumstances if the shade is wanting life back it will cling to whatever life force it can get and can keep coming after you because you gave it that lifeforce in the first place.

Blood in my experience is very strong and rather permanently binding. It also seems a little disrespectful to the dead to just call up a random spirit just to talk with, maybe some water or food offerings should be given for their presence? I am also aware in voudun tradition when you do graveyard work that you also need to leave offerings of silver or nickel at the graves so that the spirits don't become attached to you, and also an offering for the gatekeeper or deity presiding over the graveyard. I also find that asking a gatekeeper to open the way for the spirit to come through makes communication easier.

Also i would personally want to be very sure that the deceased went back to the otherside, again you would either need to open the gate yourself or call upon a detah deity /lord to ensure they get back. Just some thoughts on this. thankyou for all you work in coming up with these lessons though they are very interesting
This rite was one suggested by my Demon DC Blood. Anyone who cannot do basic magick like grounding, cleansing, shielding, and banishing should NOT do this spell. By the way, you should not be working extensively with demons unless you can do these things, either! The third drop of blood returns the shade to its rest, cuts the connection, and closes the portal, and I did mention that you might want to call upon a death deity or Dark Lord for help if you feel you need to. The point is that the dead are NOT ravening monsters, any more than demons are. Most of them are NOT dangerous, and any person psychic enough to call them forth can put them back. Lots of people can connect with them without a blood offering. I believe that people need experience hearing or even seeing the dead. It opens up a channel that can be a very valuable source of information. No one has to do this. Please don't if you feel at all uncomfortable. You can leave offerings if you wish, but it is not required. The blood IS a powerful offering, and can be a valuable tool to help you hear and see the dead. Your intent makes the magick. So do not INTEND a permanent binding unless you want that. Talking to the dead is not at all disrespectful by itself....just act responsibly and speak to them with understanding and respect.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

moonshadowlab

Graveyards are nice peaceful places but many of the graveyards around here are very old and haunted, I will have to pass on this experiment. I start working with Lucifer Amaymon this month and have a lot of meditating and studying to do. I’m sure he will have many things for me to practice and learn about as well . I am very excited to have this opportunity :devillove:
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Today I visited John Chapman's (Johnny Appleseed's) grave and picked some crab apples growing there. I'm planning to call him forth, altering the protocol provided here for part of it and adding my own touches from what I've learned up to this point about necromancy. We'll see how it goes.

I plan to make cider with the crab apples. I picked about two pounds, but a very nice pair of them are going into this ritual.

S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

WHAT?!? You can visit Johnny Appleseed's grave? And I just thought he was some kind of legend! That's so cool! Please keep us updated Chrys!!
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Amaranthlovecharm wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:55 am
WHAT?!? You can visit Johnny Appleseed's grave? And I just thought he was some kind of legend! That's so cool! Please keep us updated Chrys!!
He was a real person, but his tale grew taller on down the line to the point where a lot of it is untrue. The truth is that he was in the orchard business for profit, and his habit of traveling from place to place to plant and wait for the saplings to grow was standard practice. Most of the apples he grew were for making Applejack and not for eating, which is something that doesn't carry over to his legend. He really did wear tin hats, threadbare clothes, and often go without shoes though--that part is true. He was also a religious zealot of the Swedeborgian sect of Christianity, and preached as he traveled.

His gravestone is about half an hour's drive from where I live. He died in the city where I was born, which hosts a festival for him every year. This year, that festival was this past weekend. People leave apples on his grave a lot. I thought I'd give him some spearmint tea, just in case he's sick and tired of the apples XD

We did have a short communication last night. I think he is flattered that people are remembering him, even if they are telling made up stories, but he is quite content to be dead, and expressed that he wanted to be left peaceably alone, but wasn't opposed to being called this once. We spoke for about 20 minutes before he asked to leave. We talked about his life, and he told me that a lot of life for him was driven by necessity. He always had to work hard. With modern technology he might have been a very different person. I think our conversation helped me appreciate the opportunity to reflect on my existence that this era affords to me, and helped me to relax a little bit when it comes to crafting my legacy.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
User3246

Wow! I wondered if someone would get to calling on someone famous. XD Please, everyone feel free to change things and substitute elements in any ritual. Try to stay in the same general direction, but if you really have a feeling to go another way, then go for it! These sessions are suggestions, practice, and are meant for people to learn and work things out on their own, or with the help of Companions. Directing Satanists is worse than herding cats, anyway! Not likely that people will do things all the same, and I am glad for that. I am getting such a variety of good ideas. I am making a change for my own ritual work this month, and calling up a wolf spirit from the fur headdress I just received. She is quite an amazing spirit, a Canadian Arctic wolf culled legally, and I have the Cites permit to prove it. So far our connection is strong, and despite her circumstances, she is a very peaceful spirit that I feel blessed to know. I might do extra credit, because Lord Evil wants me to call up the spirit of the human bone I bought as an offering for him. That should be interesting.

Return to “Study Groups and Community Exercises”