A Smiling Lion

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

In the dream I was at a kind of Seaworld type of attraction. I was with my parents at an enormous pool, the size of at least two football fields, probably closer to 3. In the pool were 3 Orcas and, to my surprise, a single water-logged lion. Not a sea lion--a lion like you would see on the savanna, but it was obvious that it had been swimming for a while.

I don't remember exactly how it happened, but I was somehow launched through the air at a high angle and into the far side of the giant pool. I remember swimming back toward my parents with the orcas circling me. There were a couple of tamers on a flotation device nearby that said that I didn't have to worry, because the orcas wouldn't attack me. I got back to the side of the pool near my parents, and all that was left to deal with was the lion. I was able to get out of the water, but I had attracted its attention, and it tried to climb out of the water after me, swiping at me with its claws.

Thus began a strange cycle. I would hit the lion on the nose and it would shrink back for a minute or so. Then it would try again to claw at me from the pool, and I would bop it hard on the nose again. This continued for a long time, and I wasn't able to see any of the show with the orcas because I was too busy monitoring the situation with the lion. I became annoyed with this cycle and tired of it.

Then came a sort of moment of realization. I noticed that I was in a dream, and I felt rather silly for continuing something frustrating like this. "You're in a dream. You don't have to fend off this lion! You can change this!" and... well, I decided that I would remedy the lion situation once and for all with a bit of mind over matter. The lion changed as my mind warped its flesh. It became sillier, more cartoonish, harmless, and wore a big stupid grin on its face. It stood perfectly still, looking very out of place, but was no longer a threat.

I woke up soon after this and realized that this is a metaphor for how I have dealt with my life ever since discovering the level of control that I really can have over what happens to me. I have nullified the threats to my being, I have rid myself of annoyance and unproductive cycles, (mostly depression related) but I haven't done much with my newfound freedom.

Right now, metaphorically speaking, I am standing in front of a smiling lion. It's inert, it's harmless, but it could be so much more. It's a lion, MY lion, and with time and effort I could control it to do all sorts of great things with me. I'm not riding my lion into the sunset yet--it's just standing there looking silly. There's still a long way to go, and at times I have mistaken relief from pain for pleasure. It's wonderful, really truly so, that I am not experiencing the painful, confining, annoying life that I was experiencing at one time, and I am very grateful for that. Still, I have become comfortable, maybe too comfortable, just experiencing what comes to me without taking the reigns and guiding myself in a specific direction to a specific long-term end.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

It’s great that you are able to interpret this dream and its meanings. I always have lucid dreams filled with strange ongoings and symbols and imageries. Sometimes I cannot for the life of me figure out exactly what they are supposed to mean or stand to represent in terms of applying to my own situations. I think I still need much practise in terms of dream interpretations.
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”