Feast at the graveyard

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

My work schedule been savage these past few weeks and I had no time nor energy to take part in ongoing festivities, but someone seems like dragged me out anyway for some very peculiar experience..
I was having long dream, but forgot the first part what was it about entirely, but at some point I end up sitting at my desk, doing some work on my computer, when A showed up. I was a little surprised, haven't seen her in a very long while. She just sat down nearby and we start talking about stuff, can't quite recall what about, I remember asking her about her family, don't quite remember her answer.
But shortly after I was looking at some machines, with the narator at the background explaining it's features, and and some other stuff that didn't quite made any sense to me. And the next moment as if someone flipped a switch and machines got activated and began slowly spinning, began digging, moving dirt up their conveyors and dropping it in a pile.
Only then I looked around than I was standing in the graveyard, with no one around but couple machines, diggin up the graves..
I was standing there watching that black dirt falling, with some bones here and there, even somebody's skull got unearthed and rolled down that pile. But that dirt was so pretty, I start feeling drawn to it. I wanted to touch it. I got my fingers in to it, and don't know why but without thinking about it I just slipped some in to my mouth.. and "omg it taste so good! So rich in nutrients and flavor, it just savagely attacked all my pleasure centers, i just can't get enough of it!" I start gorging on it, it was like best thing ever, like nothing I ever tasted, thinking "I really understand now! I understand why would anyone want to eat it, it's amazing" ..
Then I somehow snapped out of it and start having a go with my self "hey, wtf are you eating?! There's still piece of someone's not completely decayed underwear in your mouth.." and I did spit it out, at least what was still left in my mouth and went to rinse my mouth with some water. But I was having a split personality moment, on one side it felt wrong and I shouldn't be eating it, it's disgusting, but on the other hand it tasted so good and I still wanted some more of it and I'm disgusted by it entirely due to my "cultural programming"..
Then scene shifted to somewhere else. We were getting ready to sleep, there was a lot of people and we shared same one huge bed, nothing kinky just like some communal sleeping place. Lights off and I lay down for the night, but I feel something is pinching me. I look down and see bugs on the bedsheet. And I'm like: "omg guys, we have bedbugs. And so many, they are everywhere!"
Some female voice from the other side: "what bugs? There is no bugs, it's all in your head"
Me: "I'm not kidding, really. Can't you see them? They are small and hard to see, but if you focus you can see them. Here's one, there is another one. And here is a little group of them. Can't you feel them when they staple them selfs to your skin with their tiny claws like little crabs, whenever you get close to them? And it's so hard to get them off.."
Her: "there's no bugs, just go to sleep. Remember the last time you found bugs, that caused us so mich trouble and hassle. And even if there is any, it's probably all your fault anyway..'
Me: "I don't remember any last time, but ok fine, if you are not bothered by it, I'll just clean my side and you all enjoy their company.."
And I woke trying to clear up my side of those little creeps.
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

I think I understand the meaning of it now. Just days before I was wondering what is the point of physical food offerings to non physical spirits and entities, how does it work etc, it never quite made any sense to me. So I think A tried to answer that lingering question in such peculiar way. Instead of wasting time on explaining, she made me experience it by my self, and to keep it more interesting and to leave stronger impression she took me for a bit more exotic gourmet experience instead of for some boring mortal food tasting.

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”