My First "Demon" Altar

Magical tools that we use in our workings
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

sunman wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:00 pm
Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:01 am
Where did you get the colored jar candles? :)
I get mine from Dollar Tree!
Ooo! I'll try that. Probably cheaper. Thanks.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
sunman
Patron Deities: Dionysus
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas

Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:27 pm
sunman wrote:
Satan's Hellcat wrote:

They never have black though, its few and far between :devilmad:
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

This is so lovely sunman! Thank you for sharing ^-^ I love seeing everyone's altars, building/designing/staging altars is one of my passions lol
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I really like it, especially with the image of the demon in the picture frame. :)devil:
Displaying the altar in a bookshelf is a good idea. I have one closet with shelves, so that's something to consider. :ninja:
My family is much nosier, lol. I feel your frustration. :devilviolin:
I have cedar wood essential oil, don't know if that's fine for now - I usually use oils, resins, or take a herb and dry it and burn it as incense. Are cedar smudge sticks/wands fine?
Will try get the incense stick (as mentioned here in the thread) sometime.
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

Very nice, I like the sleekness.

As far as black candles, I was used to buying online until I found a local grocery store was selling them.. all tucked away, seriously. Sometimes all I buy are a bulk of black candles from the grocery store. No one else seems to be touching them, hilarious.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Yekarah

sunman wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:48 pm
Satan's Hellcat wrote:
sunman wrote:
Satan's Hellcat wrote:

Same problem here with the black candles. The only places where I found any (so far) was in one crystal shop, and some other decor type store.
Will probably make them myself at some point. If you have any black crayons and enough of them, and some type of mold for it, that might work. I have done it once, enough to make a tea light candle or 2, but I also like to let the wax drip down the candle and it doesn't really happen with tea lights, lol.
Even buying black candles began to raise some suspicion in my family, so I have to make it appear less obvious or just light them when they are asleep or away (Hence why I stay up late or wake up close to 3am). I'm sure Christianity has something to do with the lack of access (or demand) for black candles, and the religion is pretty dominant here where I stay. Sometimes when I do find any black candles, it usually has other colours with it.
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Yekarah

Noctua wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:53 am
Very nice, I like the sleekness.

As far as black candles, I was used to buying online until I found a local grocery store was selling them.. all tucked away, seriously. Sometimes all I buy are a bulk of black candles from the grocery store. No one else seems to be touching them, hilarious.
That's awesome. lol.

sunman

Infernal Ascendant wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:05 am
sunman wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:48 pm
Satan's Hellcat wrote:
sunman wrote:
Satan's Hellcat wrote:

Same problem here with the black candles. The only places where I found any (so far) was in one crystal shop, and some other decor type store.
Will probably make them myself at some point. If you have any black crayons and enough of them, and some type of mold for it, that might work. I have done it once, enough to make a tea light candle or 2, but I also like to let the wax drip down the candle and it doesn't really happen with tea lights, lol.
Even buying black candles began to raise some suspicion in my family, so I have to make it appear less obvious or just light them when they are asleep or away (Hence why I stay up late or wake up close to 3am). I'm sure Christianity has something to do with the lack of access (or demand) for black candles, and the religion is pretty dominant here where I stay. Sometimes when I do find any black candles, it usually has other colours with it.

Actually, I will admit, that this time of the year is perfect for this kind of work because you can get some of the stuff from walmart when you normally cant. I know currently, walmart has black tealights, tapers and the other short tall kind. I have a few of each. I need to get more before they put it all away. My walmart also sells incense stick and cones to lol! I get my sage,myrrh,dragons blood, lavender, etc from them. I love the tall ones in the picture though. I just wish the glass wasnt on them. I tried breaking them out and the candles are very oilly but yeah this is it I guess lol.
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Be careful of the black tapers and some of the votives are only black on the outside - they've got one coat of black and the rest of the candle is white. The black tealights, however, I can confirm, are solid black. Every year we go to walmart and buy an entire box of them (they sell them in packs of 8, but a box has 10 packs).
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
sunman

Infernal Ascendant wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:41 am
I really like it, especially with the image of the demon in the picture frame. :)devil:
Displaying the altar in a bookshelf is a good idea. I have one closet with shelves, so that's something to consider. :ninja:
My family is much nosier, lol. I feel your frustration. :devilviolin:
I have cedar wood essential oil, don't know if that's fine for now - I usually use oils, resins, or take a herb and dry it and burn it as incense. Are cedar smudge sticks/wands fine?
Will try get the incense stick (as mentioned here in the thread) sometime.
That I am not 100% sure, I want to say the ceder smudge sticks are if you burn it as a offering. Its basically pure, raw incense at that point. I dont know enough about essential oils as they are a touch bit to new age for me. I tried to keep it as traditional as possible. Dry herbs as a "loose incense" is actually what I want to get around to making. It just needs charcoal disks which make more smoke and I will be more in the target range :'(. The problem I am having now is the top of the book shelfs are actually to tight to the candles. I need to find short blue candles. I may cut one of my tapers and see if that works! Until then haha. Cedar wands are probably preferred! I actually am super new to this all and I haven't even communicated with Stolas once(YET!).

Return to “Magickal Tools”