Positive Mental Attitude

Mind power and mental mastery, a place to develop and expand ones cognitive abilities.
Zonk01
Patron Deities: Leviathan
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Leviathan, Agares
Number of Demon Familiars: 19

PMA!

Positive mental Attitude is a wonderful way to meditate every day, in mundane life situations. Pma is exactly as the title describes, choosing to have a positive disposition in every circumstance. There are multiple viewpoints you can have on every situation life can throw at you, but having a positive outlook can make spiritual and mental growth just that much easier.

Is the glass half full or half empty?

While the glass IS BOTH half full, and half empty, what you CHOOSE to focus on is what becomes your reality. Is your reality full of life enriching water or devoid of the amount you think you should have?

Life is not unfair, life is life. Weather or not we like living, we are living. Life is tough, relentless and brutal, yet at the same time it can be beautiful, lovely, and joyous.

While the glass is both half full, and half empty; life is the same thing. Life is cold, harsh and depressing; but also life is indescribable and can be full of happiness.

Having a positive attitude, and controling your own emotions can have a very dramatic impact on your life. Take for instance driving a car. You are minding your own business, going the speed limit, when someone speeds past you cutting you off. The primal human brain kicks in, and you start yelling at them for doing this. This is the natural thing for you to do, react emotionally to the situation. While it may feel right yelling at the car in front of you, is it the best way to deal with the situation? How is yelling at them going to fix the problem that has just occurred?

Having a strong PMA, is about realizing WHEN you start to lose control of your emotions, and how to best deal with them. There are times when it is best to use your emotions, but having a PMA mindset is about evaluating when to use it and when to let it go.

Having a PMA is not about devaluation of your emotions, it’s more like a test to see when they make sense. Your emotions are valid, and are a significant part of you, so that’s why it’s all the more important to watch them closely.

Now if you’re thinking “hey I can’t have a PMA because (fill in the blank).” I’m going to tell you about some of the most recent pioneers of PMA.

New York City in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s was a very rough place. This rough environment was just the right amount of pressure to put together a violent music scene. Hardcore punk, or NYHC (New York Hard Core) was founded on the violence and desperation of a city’s youth that had been forgotten. Gangs ruled the streets and politics had all but given up on the city’s neighborhoods. The reaction of the hardcore movement was to make the best of what they had. They built a community where it was accepted to be who you are without being in a gang or doing drugs. It was acceptable to be spiritual, but without a religion. It was acceptable to be whoever you were, even though the world was crumbling around them. Many people that were in that musical movement went on to change their lives the way they wanted to, and they didn’t let their situation keep them there forever.

Change is possible, but when we awaken our spiritual minds, it’s easy to let negativity affect those changes. The way you see things IS your world. If you choose to see the negativity all the time, the negativity has become your reality. Keeping a positive attitude along with regular spiritual cleanse can make living in this world a lot better, but you have to be that change. You have to decide that negativity will not be your reality, and that you have the power to master yourself and become who you want to be.

Think right, eat right, live right.

We’ve got that PMA!
“I summon the one with the horns and the fire
as I throw myself right into the dark. I open the doors to the other side,
where everything is so old
I'm leaving this world and I enter the void
where the shadows forever reign.”
- “Where the Shadows Forever Reign” by Dark Funeral
HurricanesGirl20
Patron Deities: Santa Muerte
Your favourite Demon?: Machaloth, Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

This is a fantastic post! And something I really need to employ in my everyday life. I'm a very emotional person and get wound up pretty easily (I have a former boss that nicknamed me The Bulldog). Having PMA will be a challenge for me, but if the people in N.Y. could do it then I certainly can. Thanks for sharing.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I think I would definitely add STAY CALM and have a PMA (positive Mental Attitude). I have a tendency to panic first and think later. Sometimes a pause to think is just what is needed. :)
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Zonk01

HurricanesGirl20 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:07 am
This is a fantastic post! And something I really need to employ in my everyday life. I'm a very emotional person and get wound up pretty easily (I have a former boss that nicknamed me The Bulldog). Having PMA will be a challenge for me, but if the people in N.Y. could do it then I certainly can. Thanks for sharing.
Awesome! Also is your name for the Carolina Hurricanes? (If so go canes!)

I can wind up easily too, but I have been working with my companions about it. I hope it helps!
HurricanesGirl20
Patron Deities: Santa Muerte
Your favourite Demon?: Machaloth, Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Zonk01 [quote=Zonk01 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm
HurricanesGirl20 wrote:

I can wind up easily too, but I have been working with my companions about it. I hope it helps!
Yes my name is for the hurricanes! No one gets me all upset more than them lately LOL.
Zonk01

HurricanesGirl20 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:42 pm
Zonk01 [quote=Zonk01 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm
HurricanesGirl20 wrote:

Yes my name is for the hurricanes! No one gets me all upset more than them lately LOL.
My thrashers flew off to Canada, so the hurricanes have been filling that hockey void for me. They got of to a good start this year! I’m really glad, especially after the finish last year.
user2774653b
Patron Deities: Emperor of the Void Abyssal Demon Lord Leviathan

It's easy to recognize the emotion. Rage. Someone provokes you and you feel "boiling bubbles" around your stomach and heart, sometimes even in your head. That's the very beginning. Become aware of it and block asap. Tell yourself: This person has shadow. Don't make his shadow to create yours. It's his torment. His problem. Not yours. That's why he feels wish to provoke you/attack/offend/insult. Trust me your rage will melt down immediately. Then you won't be able just to approach to this person with reasonable talk, then also forgive.
We're walking in the air
We're floating in the moonlit sky
The people far below are sleeping as we fly

I'm holding very tight
I'm riding in the midnight blue
I'm finding I can fly so high above with you...

Return to “Mind Power, Focusing and Mental Mastery”