Help I’m addicted to meta shopping >.<

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Okay this sounds really stupid considering my recent rant about costs, but after taking a moratorium on meta purchases I find myself buying way too much.
I know why I’m doing it, 1) because of the excitement of getting something new, and 2) because I keep hoping each service or conjure will be “the one” that I can finally feel or will work.
And of course each time I just end up with disappointment. (There are still some things I’m waiting on though.)
I can’t keep adding to my credit card ...am I really having this many callings?!
Now I’m eyeballing the Spectral Commander prebound in the S&S store ... no way I could afford him, well it would take a year or more if I broke down the payments. But he is less then a custom commander and I really like his description.
Ugh Black Friday/cyber Monday is killing me! I’m trying so hard not to buy more ... ‘cause the more I buy, the more companion services I want from Phantasmagoria lol!

I’m well aware that I’m suffering from addictions right now due to depression - shopping, eating, gaming, sleeping, whatever.
So I’ve admitted the problem, how do I stop?
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
user567
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

I hear you - It is tempting to buy everything. I think I am going cold turkey until Summer.
I need to first connect with the two that I have and work with the satanic orb.

Also the waiting in anticipation for the scrolls and vessels is killer - it causes me too much torture. Perhaps when I am more of an experienced demon keeper will I feel less eager.

I did purchase a pre-bound last week, I am assuming pre-bounds arrive sooner since they have already been conjured and worked with in the Coven. I am assuming their sigil and scroll is ready to go as well. Hopefully!
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

I am absolutely not insinuating that you aren't putting any efforts in when I state this, but some of those things you're doing (gaming, shopping for instance) could be better spent focusing on ways to enhance your spiritual practice and connect more meaningfully with your companions or with the magickals you have at your disposal.

I know very well it's not easy to move away from the addictive tendencies when you're in a state of depression, and so as you've noted the depression as being central to these behaviors I think you are going to need to focus on that root of problems in order to avert the compulsive habits.

You need to be able to nourish yourself, mind body and spirit, in a way that is healthy and true to who you are at your core. You need an outlet for the core of what you are, what you're feeling and what's going on that is authentic to the substance of it.

Are you shopping and gaming at your core? No you're not, that's a conditioned response to what society has made acceptable as a means for expression or happiness. I would think it'd be really good if you could somehow arrange to get away from your usual surroundings. Take the money you're using to buy new shinies and invest it in a vacation or getaway or something, go somewhere that won't enforce the same go-to behaviors and may instead push you to seek less stimulating and more calming habits. Somewhere quiet, or in the middle of nature, or without a tv/internet/any means of hooking into some virtual extension of self. An environment where if you shop it is going to be organic to your inner voice and how the spirits actually lead you.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch

Return to “Health and Wellness”