Personal Positivity Thread!

Mind power and mental mastery, a place to develop and expand ones cognitive abilities.
Kharybdis
Patron Deities: Hel, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Leviathan
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

Bumping this again because I'm finally learning to like myself. We're not quite to "love," yet, but liking is very much being achieved! My body is a work in progress, but I'm getting a little stronger every day, and focusing less on the things I can't change about it and more on the things I can. I'm finally taking care of myself the way I deserve to be, and I owe much of this to Lady Lilith and my companions--but also to myself for finally being ready to make the change!

Harley, I love your bright spirit and the fun you bring, even when times are tough. You're a good egg, and I'm glad to know you!
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Something my therapist told me back in the early days of our relationship that didn't really grasp at the time, but I understand now. She said, "You are incredibly self-aware." I thought she meant "self-involved" and I asked her about that distinction. She said, "You are not only conscience of what you do, you are aware of what really motivates you to do it. You don't tell yourself comforting lies to avoid the truth about what your thoughts and actions have on other people."

Gosh! When I asked for further clarity, she said; "You are unusually empathic." I'm pretty sure that means I'm a cat person. Kitties "get me" They always have. :devilgrin: :devilgrin:
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Nemesis
Your favourite Demon?: Astaroth, Rosier, Flereous, Leviathan, Tezrian, Andromalius, Andras, Azazel, Lucifer

About me: i am the everlasting seeker for the ultimate truth always thirsty of new data to incorporate into this path.
At the other hand i am a dreamer, fantast, idealist. The artist which connects with the astral through the pencil and brush, giving the form and the energy to their dreams, so they can manifest.
I am not hesitating to experience something new, unknown.
When drawn in the negativity, i am capable to objectivize things, perceive the issue from all sides, and then slowely but surely to rise up again, transformed, once and for all.
Nothing is too horrible to me. Horrible is what happens, it's needed, it's here when needed to teach me.
I can scare of it, i can rage at it and i can fall from time to time back to it, but it cannot conquer me, it can only fuel me with power.

@Passchendaele:

I don't know you almost at all, but i feel the vibration in it's rise from your side.
You understand the darkness and oftenly you use it as your fuel for growth.
You passed through a lot but you grew up only wiser.
You are a self giving person.
Embrace the moment, seek to know, follow the flow, live your passion and do it all with spirit.
judiss
Patron Deities: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Ronove, Beelzebub
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

(Wow this is my first time seeing this thread and I agree - this is such a cool idea!)

The thing I like most about myself is that I’m usually able to see through the bullshit and maintain a skeptical perspective on what I’m presented, regardless of whatever great authority is presenting it to me. Only recently have I really been able to find the courage and nonchalance to start voicing my thoughts in this regards, though and I think that’s the most important part because if I see some BS but I don’t call it out, it’s like I’m not even seeing it in the first place. I like this about myself because not only does it help me get to the truth of some matter, it lets me help others see the truth of the matter too. I guess in the end it all boils down to me getting to enforce my little version of justice.

Nemesis, I don’t know you very well. But, I’ve seen some of your posts and it’s uncanny how a lot of the questions you pose/ask yourself remind me so much of myself and my earliest posts on this forum. So, I can say I respect your constant willingness to learn/thirst for knowledge, and your effort put into sharing and discussing your thoughts with us all! :^)
ᛚᛇᚲᚾᚨᚱᛁ:ᚹᛟᚱᛞ
Mabooka of the Iiopotto

Image: "Faust in his Study" - oil on canvas - by Philipp Winterwerb
Nemesis
Your favourite Demon?: Astaroth, Rosier, Flereous, Leviathan, Tezrian, Andromalius, Andras, Azazel, Lucifer

judiss wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:21 pm
Nemesis, I don’t know you very well. But, I’ve seen some of your posts and it’s uncanny how a lot of the questions you pose/ask yourself remind me so much of myself and my earliest posts on this forum. So, I can say I respect your constant willingness to learn/thirst for knowledge, and your effort put into sharing and discussing your thoughts with us all! :^)
Speaking generaly - as somebody at this forum already said - the process of learning never ends. :idea:
Embrace the moment, seek to know, follow the flow, live your passion and do it all with spirit.
judiss
Patron Deities: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Ronove, Beelzebub
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Nemesis wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:59 am
judiss wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:21 pm
Speaking generaly - as somebody at this forum already said - the process of learning never ends. :idea:
Haha. Well it is an ancient Chinese proverb
ᛚᛇᚲᚾᚨᚱᛁ:ᚹᛟᚱᛞ
Mabooka of the Iiopotto

Image: "Faust in his Study" - oil on canvas - by Philipp Winterwerb

Return to “Mind Power, Focusing and Mental Mastery”