The Green Man

Myths, Legends, and Stories from Different Cultures around the world.
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I recently heard of the Green Man online by an occultist, but I'm not sure if he is a real entity or just a myth? If he is indeed a real entity, I would like to know if anyone has ever worked with him and could possibly share some information on where I could find out more about him and on working with him. That would be great. He sounds interesting, even his image can be found in churches and cathedrals throughout Europe. :)devil:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

user2774653b
Patron Deities: Emperor of the Void Abyssal Demon Lord Leviathan

Never heard about him. Wikipedia says that he is the symbol of rebirth, connected with some vegetative deities. Maybe that's why it's possible to see him in churches and similar places. Could be associated there with rebirth of a soul... :idea:
We're walking in the air
We're floating in the moonlit sky
The people far below are sleeping as we fly

I'm holding very tight
I'm riding in the midnight blue
I'm finding I can fly so high above with you...
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

So there are many myths and mythological associations of the green man and who he represents. Mostly it is associated with a woodland deity or the male principle of the wild/forest, Herne the hunter, cernunnos, the horned god, pan or a general representation of the make deity as seen in Wicca, but he also has been basically conglomerates as a protective symbol in Christianity which is why he is on the churches like a gargoyle. There is much more info about him, but i’ll get back to it later for you.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
Patron Deities: Aset, Demeter

Heretique is fully correct. You can start reading about him here: https://www.thoughtco.com/the-green-man ... st-2561659, and see which parts resonate with you and indicate research rabbit holes you might want to follow. :)
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:33 pm
Heretique is fully correct. You can start reading about him here: https://www.thoughtco.com/the-green-man ... st-2561659, and see which parts resonate with you and indicate research rabbit holes you might want to follow. :)
Thanx! I'll look into it! :)devil:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax

Very big in my old Wicca coven. Part of a representation of the Irish Wheel of the Year - the cycle of birth, death and rebirth, connected to the turning of the seasons. The duality between the light and the dark - the Green Man (Oak King) and the Holly king and the Goddess giving birth.

I say a representation of the Irish Wheel of the Year as being part of Wiccan beliefs it is a mishmash of ideas. My Irish friends and an Irish mentor I once had in Irish mythology and reconstruction would wince when I mentioned Wicca and the Wheel of the Year especially the word Mabon.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates

Return to “Myths, Legends and Folklore”